Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2009, 09:14   #16
BHPian

Great ideas buddy.
However i'm one who believes in the addage that retain the original as far as possible. Since the first day that i've owned the versa i've not stopped talking about it. At that point of time i had a M800DX of 1997 and was looking for something bigger and refined and also easy to drive. Space was one of the requirements. Initially was looking for a second hand zen and a new opel corsa swing. However, the availability of the zen and the high price of the swing (6.5 lacs) at that point of time was way beyond my budget. The moment i test drove the versa, i was hooked. since then i have'nt looked back. The car, sorry van, has a lot of cons i agree specially in the areas of looks and high CG. If you're looking for a style statement then maybe one needs to look beyond in other stables, and if high speed turning is what one is looking for then this vehicle is definitely not the perfect fit. However the van comes out top in its category (1.3 lit engine size i.e.) for medium speed runs upto 120-130 kmph on the highway. the ground clearance is phenomenol, and the acceleration is decent from zero to 100kmph- giving the lancers and other midsized sedans a run for their money. During 2005-2006 while i was posted at yamuna nagar i would do a lot of early morning runs from faridabad to jagadhari on the NH-1. Starting at 0330 am and letting loose on the highway. there have been times when i was racing scorpios and safaris neck to neck touching 140+kmph till we ran out of raod or reaches a relatively busy intersection. However the fastest that i've driven is when i went all the way to udaipur in 11hours with only a 5 minute coffee break at ajmer. it was while returing viw haldighati-chittaurgarh that i saw the firepower of this bread box. i managed more than 105 kms in 50 odd minutes with the speedo touching 150 kmph on occassions and regular speeds above 140 kmph it was fantastic. however the road conditions were fantastic- no soul in sight and 6 lane highway absolutely empty. This was way back in 2006 December.
Space- its probably the closest thing to an airbus on the road in the sub 6 lacs category.
Maintenance- have'nt done anything except regular 5000 km servicing and good clean petrol.
Mods- only recently upgraded the headlights to 100/90W halonix+60 halogens with a relay arrangement since the headlights were pathetic. the change has literally transformed the vehicle with a clear day light beam lighting up 200m ahead.
Switched over to 175x70 R13 retaining the rims. Incidentally the first tyre change was at 67,000km with some groove depth still left but i still changed them for safety consideration.

more's to come if somebody's listening

atul
Old 8th November 2009, 15:35   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Versa +++

nice review;you have highlighted the strong points of the car.

I have upgraded the ICE,the interiors(in two tone) and the exterior(tailblazer,spoiler,body coloured door handles,grille painted black with silver border,high mounted warning lights etc.).You can look at my garage.

Just throw in a set of wheel caps and see the transformation in looks.Everything else is secondary.

Also buy a Broadway wide rear view mirror which can be clamped on to the existing mirror ;it does wonders to rear visibility.

175/70R13 may be OK on the original rims(4J) but what I have been advised by gurus on the forum is that 175/70R13 tyres need a rim width of at least 5J.Since you do three digit speeds,I think you must go for the Baleno OEM rims.
Old 11th November 2009, 09:06   #18
BHPian

Versatility

Looks good vigsom. But i never want to tamper with original design and schemes unless and untill they are absolutely necessary. however your versa interios are smart. giving me lots of ideas. Which year model is it? How many kms and major probs experienced by you. I was thinking of starting a thread for versa owner pooled pics. Say what?

Regards,
atul
Old 11th November 2009, 14:56   #19
BHPian

how about converting into a mini motor home kinda thing?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks