Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2005, 09:04   #1

About a TC???

just got this weird idea... will it be possible to source a TC from Mahindra or Tata Motors and fit them on our cars? is a TC used for a diesel car different from the ones for petrol cars?

i mean diesel cars rev only till 5k max. so will the TC also be different?

saw this posting on a trade - site. dunno if its tru or what he deals with but thought it would be worthwhile if some one could chk it out

PREUSSE INDIA PVT. LTD.

TURBOCHARGER SUPERCHARGER GEAR PUMPS

Address : NO 884 KAMAKSHIPALYA EXT., MAGADI ROAD, BANGALORE 560079 ,KARNATAKA ,INDIA

Send Email View Details

any one know about this guy?

BTW if i could get my 1.6 GTX TCed

i am not askin for too much... just 10 bhp would do. its just that " I GOT A TC" feelin!!!
Old 17th February 2005, 11:51   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajeeth
just got this weird idea... will it be possible to source a TC from Mahindra or Tata Motors and fit them on our cars? is a TC used for a diesel car different from the ones for petrol cars?

i mean diesel cars rev only till 5k max. so will the TC also be different?

saw this posting on a trade - site. dunno if its tru or what he deals with but thought it would be worthwhile if some one could chk it out

PREUSSE INDIA PVT. LTD.

TURBOCHARGER SUPERCHARGER GEAR PUMPS

Address : NO 884 KAMAKSHIPALYA EXT., MAGADI ROAD, BANGALORE 560079 ,KARNATAKA ,INDIA

Send Email View Details

any one know about this guy?

BTW if i could get my 1.6 GTX TCed

i am not askin for too much... just 10 bhp would do. its just that " I GOT A TC" feelin!!!

A few points before you think about a TC

1) extensive mods to be done ... requires a lotta patience
2) Getting the right parts : you cannot do it with industrial TC / Truck TC's as they would not spool enough to give you the require pressure. Also you will have a nightmare on your hands for the space required to install the TC
3) you would need an intercooler, blowoff valve and a oil pump
4) The best TC that I would suggest would be the Indigo's TC as you never know the condition of the bearings in a second hand TC.
5) If all you need is 10 bhp easiest approach would be to get yourself a header, freeflow and a K&N assuming you dont have these.
Old 17th February 2005, 17:32   #3

hey can you let me know how much the full stuff would cost? i mean a new TC with the full works including cost of the installation?
any ideas?
Old 17th February 2005, 20:25   #4
BHPian

ASK dominic, he has knowledge abt turbos

hes also looking for used turbos, heheheeh

I think serious turbos cost 1.5 lakhs inr and boosts abt 100 bhps, but engines should be capable of withstanding high pressures.

dont know much but just basic idea!!!!!!!!!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks