Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2008, 06:50   #16
BHPian

Surya

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmahesh View Post
Any Recommendation on Headlamp bulbs ?.
I forgot to mention this in my first drive report - but yes at night I felt the headlamp power was not the greatest - so I would also be interested in a recommendation for this too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj'sGlory View Post
@gsurya

The Chandigarh dealer is quoting 3500 for rear spoiler (GM accessory). Check at your end
Wow that is a massive difference - but I checked, there are 3 different types of spoilers - the original one is the spoiler fitted on the LT model that also has the brake light and costs Rs 9500.

But good idea, I will also check with other dealers just to be sure.
Old 27th May 2008, 06:56   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix_ren View Post
Hey Surya.. please specify your HU.

Also if I recall correct then in the car cleaning topics you will see that users have said that the constant covering and uncovering may actually cause more scratches because of the dust present on the surface.
I am told by the dealer that the head unit is Alpine OEM model - its not written anywhere on the car though. I will have the dealer check though.
Old 30th May 2008, 01:00   #18
BHPian

some inside info

I would like to point this about the spoilers.

Most dealers sell after market accessories at inflated prices.

One of my uncle is a manufacturer of Spoilers and supplies to Skoda and Hyundai showrooms in north India.

He told me these showrooms ask him for good quality plastic grain and decent (copra paint or something its called) i have seen it getting made very interesting process.

9500 for the spoiler which is originally quoted would be the rightful price to pay for a genuine spoiler.

You can tell how genuine the spoiler is by:
1. The packaging it came in.
2. Look closely at the lights section LED and the the cover they are dead giveaways and also the most vulnerable parts.

3500 spoiler is a guaranteed after market spoiler. The problem with these spoilers is faded paint poor quality lights. The same thing you will get for much less in the local shops as well.

The original cost of making these spoilers is the same, the dealers just charge more for expensive cars.

Spoilers are a great cosmetic enhancement for your car. I seriously doubt the aerodynamic stability gimmick as my uncle does not test his spoilers in wind tunnels

I get them for my cars free of cost tough
Old 30th May 2008, 06:48   #19
BHPian

@gsurya.

How much is the dealer asking for painting the door handles and ORVM to body colour?
Old 30th May 2008, 10:17   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj'sGlory View Post
@gsurya.

How much is the dealer asking for painting the door handles and ORVM to body colour?
No idea, sorry. I have the Aveo 1.4 LS LE model - which already comes with door handles and OVRM in body colour.
Old 31st May 2008, 14:29   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Kavu75, mdmahesh, mjothi, agbenny, nirmalts, gsurya, an10, sammykhan (anyone else I have missed!)

Who's going first :-)?
Yes Sir you missed me in btw beautiful addons but too flashy...
Old 2nd June 2008, 00:52   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
No idea, sorry. I have the Aveo 1.4 LS LE model - which already comes with door handles and OVRM in body colour.
Well then could you at least find out as a favour how much would chrome handles cost??
Old 2nd June 2008, 08:05   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
Thanks to all your feedback, I have shortlisted these accessories finally:

1. 3M glass tint film - from outside, dealer cost Rs. 4500
2. Rear Spoiler - Rs. 9500
3. Underbody and Door rust prevention - Rs. 3000
4. Mirror locks - Rs 600
5. Reading light - Rs. 800

6. Body Cover - Rs. 1700 - What is the verdict on this one? Is it good for the paint or not? I have a stilt garage and the dealer recommends this - but I am hearing mixed comments from friends about its effect on paint.
I guess you could go for the body cover. But the GM price for it in Bangalore is 1200. It comes handy at times. Dont use it everyday if you have a covered parking. But incase you are leaving behind your car for while, you could wrap it up with the cover to avoid excess dust (and people showing their drawing skills on it).

Between that, do you have plans to change the tyres on your Aveo? It is better to change it within the first 100-200kms incase you plan to do it (if you want good buy back price for old tyres)

Nirmal

Nirmal

Last edited by nirmalts : 2nd June 2008 at 08:08.
Old 8th June 2008, 16:05   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmalts View Post
I guess you could go for the body cover. But the GM price for it in Bangalore is 1200. It comes handy at times.

Between that, do you have plans to change the tyres on your Aveo? It is better to change it within the first 100-200kms incase you plan to do it (if you want good buy back price for old tyres)
OK thats good advice - its been 2 weeks now since we have had the car and we are ok with not having the body cover - and its also started raining anyway - so the dust is settled.

We fitted Llumar 35 for Rs 4500 which is quite superb - you almost dont feel that there is film fitted and the effectiveness in heat is superb compared to my old Uno which had Garware fitted. Didn't realize film quality made such a difference.

I didnt think there was any need to change the tyres - the ones that are seem good enough. Is there a reason to?
Old 9th June 2008, 22:27   #25
BHPian

Llumar 35 is cool one, initally I thought it will be too dark, but it looks superb and gives clear vision in City traffic. I am comfortable with this shade during night drive (need to check in highways). Otherwise as Surya says it add more look to Ivory Color.

Tyres, IMO I dont think it needs a change.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks