Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2008, 19:23   #1
BHPian

Modifications for wagon r

Hello everybody,

Am having a 2005 model wagon r (Lx) clocked 18000kms purchased 5 months back from true value in bangalore. Now I need Your help regarding modifying the vehicle the exterior as well as interior. Its a pearl silver color. externally nothing has been done except for the upgradation of tyres from the normal 145/70(MRF ZVTS) to 165/65(good year GPS 2) and stock Filter replaced to K & N stock filter. I want to have a minor performance boost as well as a neat exterior modification like adding skirts, spoilers, visors and Alloys. Can anyone help me???
Old 26th May 2008, 07:24   #2
BHPian

why don't you go for a Free flow exhaust with a custom end can in case you don't want it to be too loud. also did you make sure the K & N is not sucking hot air from inside the engine bay.

since you're from b'lore you can contact psycho for more details and some valuable tips on how to go about the mods.
Old 26th May 2008, 08:12   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnhegde View Post
I want to have a minor performance boost as well as a neat exterior modification like adding skirts, spoilers, visors and Alloys. Can anyone help me???
IMO, adding skirts increases the boxy nature of the WagonR. Nice choice of spoilers and alloys will be good.
Old 26th May 2008, 13:36   #4
Senior - BHPian

@mnhegde:
a minor performance boost - You can go for a K&N conical filter with custom plumbing to place it in a minimal heat area in the engine bay OR a K&N apollo CAI.

A FFE with 4x2x1 header(for low & midrange boost) OR 4x1 header(for top end boost). you can retain the stock muffler if you dont want it to be loud.(please keep your stock airbox and stock exhaust setup safely with you)

Use fully synthetic engine oil.

a neat exterior modification - Go for a subtle bodykit and alloys(the ones that contain a little black in it, since your car is pearl silver)

here is an idea regarding the bodykit and alloys:
Modifications for wagon r-wagonrbodykit1of2.jpg

Modifications for wagon r-wagonrbodykit2of2.jpg

Last edited by badboyscad : 26th May 2008 at 13:38.
Old 26th May 2008, 19:38   #5
BHPian

@badboy :Great mod pic (pics) posted by you badboy. I think spacers have been added to heighten the car. I heard adding spacers can cause handling problems , dont know to what extent it is true. I have a stock replacement filter and not Cold air intake. Yes your suggestions are good. But I need a clear picture. See modifying the stock to FFE definitely provides better performance as have done almost the same (not free flow but sort of) for my previous car (M800). It was good . But here the problem is The present vehicle is tall. Say if there is a boost in performance, Is the vehicle capable of accepting it (handling wise) .??. Also If FFE is installed Does torque increase?? Whats the role played by synthetic oil???

@Crazydriver : Thats exactly what i am worried about. but Cant we have a skirt with a height of just 2 inches or something?? But again ground clearance problem isnt it? that too in Bangalore.

@ Nos Power : I have a stock filter (K&N) not cold air intake.
Old 26th May 2008, 23:03   #6
Senior - BHPian

@mnhegde:AFAIK, spacers are added to push the wheel a little outside the body, height of the car may be increased only by tweaking the suspension (the car in the pics is not heightened).

The tallness of the wagon-r will not affect handling because the increase in power due to K&N and FFE maybe only a few BHPs (say 5 to 10 bhp), so you dont need to worry about the tallness.

But if you are still worried about the handling, you can go for Strut braces(cheap and moderate solution) or a suspension upgrade(costly and effective solution).

Regarding the FFE, AFAIK, it consists of headers, downpipe, an auxiliary or centre muffler, intermediate piping, endcan and muffler tip(optional). Now,the power increase depends mainly upon the header design and secondarily upon the positioning of the centre muffler. if there is too much back pressure, the car will sulk. And Yes, there will be an increase in torque upon installing a FFE.

I recommended fully synthetic oil because once you get the FFE installed, you would naturally go for high revs.
Old 26th May 2008, 23:06   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Moderator's note: Such topics have been extensively discussed before. Please use the Search function. Thread closed.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks