Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2005, 23:37   #1

indica petrol - a good performer... or just another car?

hellow folks...

err... this is my first post ever on this website... am drivin a indica2000 petrol and would lurve to soupe it upp... but wonder will it be all the worth? i've been trying to search for this website for some indica power upgrades but in vain... not read good reviews about it thouhg....

soa.. could this car be done up if to be done up??? well i think so... considering teh indice sport en all... but am not aiming for that... small time stuffs...

i know this car is a notorious as far as problems are concerned, but i feel its a fair enough performer and a large robust engine. the biggest draw back being the handling and gearshifts.

whatever little knowledge i have... the engine is pertty much capable... ive heard the gear ratios are very tall making it tad slower or something... dunno wahts the true story... not a technical buff...

well.. a little hisrory about my car:
its a basic lei model with no powersteer.... done 24k so far... almost 5 years old now... engine is in a exzeelent shape... changed my rear suspensions at 19k.. was found broken strangely... but handling didnt improve either.... front tyres have been chaged and the rear is due... got the clutch kit changed recently... and yea... last 0-100(speedo) run test throwed 14.10 seconds.... and have taken it till 155 speedo... so... thts more or less it...

soa... please shower some of ur valuable inputs!

quick question: is the 2000 indica engine different from teh v2? is the v2 equipped with an hitachi mpfi kit as well like teh 2000. lemme know!

and yea guys... please do let me know on ur future g2gees in mumbai... am a active member of xbhp.com and own a zma.

phew!
peace until!

Moderator Note: Avoid slang and short forms

Last edited by Revvmaster : 21st February 2005 at 12:26.
Old 20th February 2005, 01:03   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_basak

quick question: is the 2000 indica engine different from teh v2? is the v2 equipped with an hitachi mpfi kit as well like teh 2000. lemme know!
Yes , yrs is a 63 hp carburetted engine
V2 is a 75 hp mpfi power plant

Its not worth modding the Indica as its a very bulky car.
The engine aint that strong to handle more pressure and it will decrease yr FE which already must not be more than 8-8.5 with AC city driving.
Old 20th February 2005, 01:16   #3
Senior - BHPian

Contrary to what some may say...

indica can be modded easily to up the power,
The engine is pretty strong...after all it shares the block of its diesel sibling.

first is the free flow exhaust, second is the K&N filter. To increase the response of the engine - a lightened flywheel.
Porting and polishing of the engine (has to be done by a person who knows what he's doing...if not done properly you can end up ruining your engine).
A short-shifter will better the feel of the gearshift to some extent.
Get a strut brace which i think is a must in an indica.
An ECU upgrade...but i doubt that you will find any....maybe dominic can do something about it.

These are some of the mods i can think of...you may carry out whichever you like.

Drifter
Old 20th February 2005, 09:58   #4

dear dipen,

my indica is a mpfi churning out 75bhp.... teh 2000 models were mpfi's (indica2000 as tehy call it) but the only difference i feel is the mpfi technology... the 2000 models has a hitcahi mpfi system (boost sensors and the ecu etc) and the v2 has some other make.... and i believe teh hitachi one can be modded to great extents.

and as far as the engine is concerned.... teh block is the same of teh diesel which means is more stronger and can withstand quite an amount of strains to it (drifter says as well)... and longer life as well....

and drifter... thanks a lot for your inputs of what all i can do... what could be the indicative cost of getting these stuff done? like the filter.... and the free flow etcetra... i dont think so porting is a good idea... will kill the fe drastically... it already gives me 9kmpl if driven like a maniac...

more than that drifter... what could i do to increase the handling?? it really sucks bigtime on the corners! might be a power steering.

perhaps... if u arnd from mumbai we could meet up and discuss things... you could shower some knowledge on me by personally checkin my car!

thanks a ton folks

peace

Old 20th February 2005, 11:10   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
what could i do to increase the handling?? it really sucks bigtime on the corners! might be a power steering. .
How a power steering helps you in corner? Are you finding the steering hard?
If it's running with stock tyres, you can probably go for wider footprint and lower down the suspension.
Old 20th February 2005, 11:14   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen
How a power steering helps you in corner? Are you finding the steering hard?
If it's running with stock tyres, you can probably go for wider footprint and lower down the suspension.

not mostly in corners... but the normal steering is a bit vague in nature compared to teh power assisted ones... ..i shud consider the tyres... yea... thanks....

peace.
Old 20th February 2005, 11:31   #7
Senior - BHPian

Get new shocks and dampers (harder) this will help to stiffen up the suspension, lowering the suspension will help too, and about the vague steering thats common on the indicas be it with or without power steering.

Get better tyres asap.

Drifter
Old 20th February 2005, 21:21   #8

yea... tyres are a long overdue now... which are some good ones? shud i go for wider ones? 165 or 175 sumthing?

peace.
Old 20th February 2005, 22:06   #9
Senior - BHPian

go in for 185/60r13.

Drifter
Old 22nd February 2005, 02:43   #10
BHPian

Also get strut braces, front and rear to better the handling.

Satyam.
Old 17th February 2010, 15:15   #11
BHPian

Please guide me where can i get strut brace for my Indica petrol?
Old 17th February 2010, 17:52   #12
Senior - BHPian

hi doc, try
AutoMECH Engineers

if they are willing to make, let me know too. I'm interested in one as well, subject to cost.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks