Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2005, 17:48   #1

Mods for the palio D

hi all,
i own a 6 month old palio Diesel which has clocked around 10k kms. i want to change the exhaust note of my car into a deep sporty one.

is there any muffler/exhaust kits available for diesel cars such as mine..is it good? heard that sports exhausts fitted on diesel cars will need a clean up of carbon between short durations.

guys please enlighten me on this..and also please guide me on any brands and places i can buy (if one exists) in chennai where i live..

thanx
Old 21st February 2005, 18:17   #2
Senior - BHPian

i have a modified exhaust on my CRDi but the sound you get is not really sporty atleast not when compared to a petrol. Sound has more of bass...if you know what i mean. I had it done at automech, mumbai.

More than the sound...its the driveability of the car that has increased.

Drifter
Old 1st March 2005, 23:48   #3
BHPian

Hey Drifter:How much did this free flow exhaust (it is free flow,right?) cost?
Old 2nd March 2005, 14:39   #4

also

...drifter..did u replace only the stock muffler or the whole system

also i enquired the chennai dealer of automech..he says automech does not have a performance exhaust for any diesel car.is it true?

also he says installing a performance ex in a diesel car will require frequent cleaning of carbon deposits which will require de-welding and re-welding

any ideas , opinions , views ?
Old 4th March 2005, 19:35   #5

other tweaks for Palio D

I also have a Palio D-ELX 8 mths old. I have popped in K & N Filter, Replaced skinny 165/80 R13s with Pierelli 185/70 R13s and switched over to Synthetic oil.
It has changed the character of the car.
I manage to get 15 kmpl in semiurban cycle with a/c off and 13.5 kmpl with a/c on.
Any more suggestions anyone ?
Old 25th April 2006, 14:11   #6
BHPian

Mods for Palio D

Hi Guyz,

My first post here. I am basil, own a 2004 Dec Palio 1.9 D ELX, Thunderblack. Have done around 33K kms. Gives me an average of 12-13kmpl in city and 15-16kmpl in highways, a/c always on.

Really felt like coming home reading thru the posts in this forum. Kudos to the mods and teh active participants.

I am planning to get a few modifications done on the car. As I understand from various posts here a performance mod on the car is not worth it. So all I am planning is a few visual mods.

My tyres are almost worn out and so have to get them replaced. I have the factory fitted 165/80/R13s on steel wheels. I would like to go for an alloy and may be tubeless. What i have in mind is going in for either
185/65/R14s or 195/55/R15. Those seem to have minimal variation from the stock tyres. I am looking for a practical upsizing, with minimal impact to the FE and the ride. Please suggest.

Next one I am planning is a head lamp replacement. The 45K or so Xenons are way beyond my reach, even if it would have been i wudnt spend that kind of money for lights. So, i am planning a H1 100W for highbeam and a H7 80W for lowbeam and I guess the Philips Crystal/Diamond Vision are one of the best. Will I have to put in relays with these, I guess so. Please suggest.

I am planning to get my steering wheel replaced with a sporty one. I am told that I need to fit in an adapter to fit the steering wheel. I am buying the steering in Manila and they dont have Fiat here. So all they have is a
standard adapter. Now, my question is, have any of you replaced your steering wheels, if so, where? and did the standard adapter fit your palio. Is this adapter available in India (I am from Cochin). Also, is it ok(wise) to get the steering wheel replaced. Would it affect the car in any bad ways, the only advantage i see is the looks. Will the levers for the indicators and wiper controls still be operational. The steering I am planning to buy has a horn button in the center. Please advice.

Any suggestions for a battery replacement.

Neons and strobes are available here in Manila at cheap prices, but I doubt how many of them are street legal in India. Planning to buy a few neons for inside and exterior.

Will post pics of my car as soon as I reach India. Expecting great replies/suggestions as I have always seen in this forum. Sorry for the lengthy post. Couldnt stop from asking all my concerns when saw the right forum.
Old 8th May 2007, 23:25   #7
Senior - BHPian

Any Palio-D's fitted with turbos
Old 8th May 2007, 23:32   #8
Senior - BHPian

U would need to put the turbo in the cabin or the boot.. There isnt much space left under the hood !!
Old 9th May 2007, 13:25   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
There isnt much space left under the hood !!
There is NO space!

You should see the NFP Stile 1.1 engine bay. LOL you can drop a baby elephant in there!!
Old 9th May 2007, 13:44   #10
BHPian

I too own a 2005 PALIO D ,white and clocked 40k.
Mods you could see...
1.K@N replacement filter
2.Tubeless Tyres
3.Alloy wheels
4.G-Sport Upholestry
5.JBL ICE.(Partially)
6.Synthetic Oil

I am eager too... like any PALIO D owners on the extend to which ,the car can be modded...
Old 1st July 2007, 12:50   #11
BHPian

just throw away the exhaust gas recirculation system and put a free flow exhaust.
Old 1st July 2007, 18:52   #12
BANNED

if we just remove the catalytic convertor from the exhuast pipe , would it do any improvement in performance ?..and what about the sound?...
Old 1st July 2007, 20:12   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAFI View Post
if we just remove the catalytic convertor from the exhuast pipe , would it do any improvement in performance ?..and what about the sound?...
it would just increase your emissions. for power increase get a full ffe.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks