Team-BHP - Help !! Upgrading My Nissan Skyline R32 GTs.4
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Help !! Upgrading My Nissan Skyline R32 GTs.4 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/41132-help-upgrading-my-nissan-skyline-r32-gts-4-a.html)

Greetings to all my fellow bhpins, i need help from every single one of you.. especially the performance gurus,now the problem :

1994 nissan skyline r32 gts.4 - 2.6l inline 6 with 225 bhp when manafactured
its got a 5 speed auto with only rear wheel drive.

Now what i want - all wheel drive and 600 horse power about 500whp
the exteriors and interiors are under work in my own workshop.

What i need help about is the engine and drivetrain and every thing i would require with 600 hp.I dont mind swaping out the engine though this thing has the same engine 2.6 L [COLOR=#0000ff]RB26DE[/COLOR] [COLOR=#0000ff]I6[/COLOR] as the GTR only thing missing are the ceremic turbochargers.If somebody could give a figure on how much the entire build would cost me. that also would realy nice.

thanks a ton guys for all your time and energy going into this.basicly all the data that is available is too overwhelming and confusing for me stupid:. Thanks again guys

Nice. So, an RB, eh. Hm.

I'm no guru, but you would need a lot more than the twin turbos that the DETT has to pump out 600 horses at crank.

List of parts required would be lengthy, but IMHO it would be better to get a 6-speed manual in a RWD config than the GTR's AWD with all the sensors, LSD's, centre diffs and controllers.

If looking at 600 RELIABLE horses, you would need a "propah" setup including scroll turbos, mutha 1000cc injectors (stock's about 450 odd, I guess), tranny, rear LSD, fuelling & suspension could see the cash registers ringing northwards of 15 Lacs INR.

But that's just parts. God knows which tuner would charge how much & do the super tune-up "reliably" in India...

Or an alternative is to get a dyno'd turnkey from JDM or Australia. Would cost about 20K (odd) USD for the powertrain..

to convert to an all wheel drive and the horses gain.. You can budget yourself for around 6-8 lacs on a fairly tight spendin on parts. As most have to be imported including the entire all wheel drive train. You are better stayin rear wheel drive and increasing performance. Or sell the gts and buy a gtr

For the the kind of performance mods you intend, you will be looking upwards of 12 laks minimum for the job.
Just to get a rough idea, ask Arush about how much is he spending on his current 3000GT turbo mod and check with him, how much was spent on the VR4 which he worked on.

The best way to go would be something like this:
go with a RB26 complete or an RB30 block with rb 26 or 25 head, a 6 speed manual.
the internals have to be forged for the HP gains you looking for.
then do the boost upgrade, bigger turbo, fuel pump, injectors and ECU.
Clutch, intercooler, plumbing, wastegate, suspension will also need to be changed.
Can pm for complete details and pricing..know of a few people who might take this project up but none in the north region sorry

thanks guys, I was there when the VR4 was being build by Arush ji. I am looking for a lot more performance than the VR4. That was 400 bhp if I am not mistaken.iceman91 Ill pm you the complete details in a bit and i dont mind sending the car down south, I would love Keshav ji to work on this build.

Well No problems.
For Keshav Ji,...sorry I prefer Psycho :) to work on your car you will have to ask him :)

Kidding I am sure he wouldn't mind doing something like this...

1) Are you sure it is a RB 26 (2.6 l) or and RB 25 or a RB 20 (GTS-T)
2) Stick to Rear Wheel much easier done than all wheel
3) 600 are you sure you only want it for track an not to drive it everyday most D1 (drift cars) run 500 - 550 on the rear wheel.
4) Careful, get only what you need as there are literally 1000's of choices out there for the skyline

Check engine details dont know any 2.6l 1994 gts-4 auto. are you sure it does not have aftermarket modifications already ??

GTS-4 - 2.6 L RB26DE I6, 225 hp (169 kW, Autech Version - auto only ) This is the engine i have. My car was a 4 door, just got converted into a 2 door, ill be posting pics as soon as i figure out how to. It doesnt have any mods at this moment.

Phycho - I was wanting all wheel drive because it would make handling 600 hp alot safer and easier. I wont be drifting around. Itl be more of a drag car with a little bit of track use.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Shashank asked me to post these pics up. Conversion has already begun towards making the car a 2-door. Also, the engine seems to be an RB20E, from what I can see.

Sorry for the confusion guys the engine is a rb20 by what i have heard. Any how there will be alot more ... so watch this space

yeah that is not a 26 neither is it a de. Not a big problem as you will have swap it anyway

For the love of GOD why do you what to upgrade a SKYLINE! thats like upgrading my wife for something very useless, please dont dude
Skylines are better of with there stocks (my dream car)

I always assumed Skylines are the best when modded rather every mod of the RB series motor shows a positive result. Surely its a killer even in stock form but when modded its the baddest devil.