Team-BHP - New Honda City Mods
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   New Honda City Mods (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/4135-new-honda-city-mods.html)

Hey guys I have a new Honda City, and the only thing that ive changed are the wheels and tyres. I have 15" wheels with 205/50/zr15 Good Year Eagle F1 tyres. Has anyone done any performance mods to the NHC ?...if yes please tell me what and how effective were they.

Hi,

Whats style wheels ? (i have ONLY seen NHCs with 5 spoke 15" wheels so far! and GSd2's)...so just wondering.
Some pics would be great.
And also let us know how those 15s are treating the car and the passengers on bombay roads...?

cya
R

Quote:

Originally Posted by CLS_55_AMG
Hey guys I have a new Honda City, and the only thing that ive changed are the wheels and tyres. I have 15" wheels with 205/50/zr15 Good Year Eagle F1 tyres. Has anyone done any performance mods to the NHC ?...if yes please tell me what and how effective were they.

hey cls.. u can put a free flow exhaust with the header which gives more of low and mid range power. adding a K&n filter also will help. This should give u decent amount of power int he begining.. if you want then you can add a fuel pressure regulator or increase the size of the throttle body to give it more response. other than that i dont think you should do alot to that car. still not tried it on a honda city(new) so dont know how the result will turn out to be. If you want to know where to put it PM me i;ll guide you to it.

Just make sure when u are installing the K&N on the new honda city you have to relocate the air intake sensor into the new airflow pipe u wud have to get done the cutting and wiring is a little sensitive so be careful. ive already done the exhaust on it with a 2 inch downpipe (no header as yet). it does give u better response. no idea about the fuel pressure regulator yet havent tried. wires and plugs arent really an option because of the twin plug/cylinder design.

R: 17inch already on nhc's here!

hey cls i have a nhc too have been tryin to do preformance mod but cant find it wid automech nor KS sports where are u located CLS.. and wen did u get it.. whic colour and which model i.e GXI/EXI.. well i have spoke to Automech they dont have even strut brace for the NHC all they have is injector cleaning done at Rs. 3200

Injector cleaning for 3200?! could u elaborate on that please

Hey Maybach,
I live in cuffe parade, and work at AutoHangar which is at prabhadevi....I got it last July, and its a black EXI.

Autopsyche, can we please have some pics of the nhc with 17's?

z klasse, you know ill turn to u if i need any work done, just wanted some feedback from ppl who have already done something on the nhc

And rehaan, the 15''s are not so bad, a little bumpy but the grip of the tyres is just awesome. I will post pics in a day or two.

cheers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CLS_55_AMG
Hey Maybach,
I live in cuffe parade, and work at AutoHangar which is at prabhadevi....I got it last July, and its a black EXI.

Autopsyche, can we please have some pics of the nhc with 17's?

z klasse, you know ill turn to u if i need any work done, just wanted some feedback from ppl who have already done something on the nhc

And rehaan, the 15''s are not so bad, a little bumpy but the grip of the tyres is just awesome. I will post pics in a day or two.

cheers.

Hey thats cool tell me what performance mods u going for as even i was planing to mod it.. :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by autopsyche
Injector cleaning for 3200?! could u elaborate on that please

yah they clean injector and new sparks.. this was told to me by automech will chek them out.. increase in fe by 1kpl claimed and also performance increment :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by z klasse
hey cls.. u can put a free flow exhaust with the header which gives more of low and mid range power. adding a K&n filter also will help. This should give u decent amount of power int he begining.. if you want then you can add a fuel pressure regulator or increase the size of the throttle body to give it more response. other than that i dont think you should do alot to that car. still not tried it on a honda city(new) so dont know how the result will turn out to be. If you want to know where to put it PM me i;ll guide you to it.

no free flow available for NHC :mad: , z class even i want to mod the performance any idea what to do :confused:

Why dont u try using a filter and see the difference. Who said free flow is not available? You can keep the extractors stock and just remove the cat and the muffler and replace with a free flowing one. It will definately give you atleast 10% more performance than your regular car. And trust me you will love it. Replacing stock filter and exhaust are the first step towards performance on any car. It has to give more performance as you are increasing efficiency of engine by letting in more air and letting out more air faster and better.
Call up Automech, i'm sure they will have an exhaust for you. If you dont want to spend too much then just replace cat and the muffler.

Z Klasse

Quote:

Why dont u try using a filter and see the difference. Who said free flow is not available? You can keep the extractors stock and just remove the cat and the muffler and replace with a free flowing one. It will definately give you atleast 10% more performance than your regular car. And trust me you will love it. Replacing stock filter and exhaust are the first step towards performance on any car. It has to give more performance as you are increasing efficiency of engine by letting in more air and letting out more air faster and better.
Call up Automech, i'm sure they will have an exhaust for you. If you dont want to spend too much then just replace cat and the muffler.

Z Klasse

did call up automech they dont have a free flow for the NHC :mad: Also Spoke to Karan Shah he said he has nothing for the NHC no turbo and all :confused:

Why dont u ask automech to just replace the muffler and remove the cat. I'm sure they do that.

Quote:

Why dont u ask automech to just replace the muffler and remove the cat. I'm sure they do that.

Sure ill do that and get back to you any other mods possible?? :confused:

air filter and exhaust as of now... its the safest thing to try. Increasing throttle also will be benefitial but you have to get it done from someone who has done it on a honda city (new) porting polishing i dont think you shoiuld do now. first try exhaust and filter and see how much difference u get.