Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2008, 12:06   #1
BHPian

most important accessories for Verna SX

Hey, My verna CDRi SX w/o ABS would be delievered on 25th june.

What I want to know is the most important accessories for the Verna. Since I am tight on budget. I wont change the ICE.

What else after that? Alloy wheels? Tyres? Sunfilm? anything else?

Alloy wheels:
Can i do away with this upgrade as i believe they are just for show purposes.

Tyres:
Can i put a new set of tyres on the existing rims. ( can an upsize be put on the same Rims)(sorry total noob)

Sunfilm:
This would be my very 1st time i would use a sunfilm on a car. Do you think its worth it? (Last time i put a sunfilm in 1997 in my maruti 800)..

Please suggest me....
Thanks
Old 24th June 2008, 16:53   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhusukhu View Post

What I want to know is the most important accessories for the Verna. Since I am tight on budget. I wont change the ICE.

Alloy wheels:

Tyres:
Can i put a new set of tyres on the existing rims. ( can an upsize be put on the same Rims)(sorry total noob)

Sunfilm:
This would be my very 1st time i would use a sunfilm on a car. Do you think its worth it? (Last time i put a sunfilm in 1997 in my maruti 800)..

Please suggest me....
Thanks
I run the same Verna variant, tyres you can upsize to a 185/65R14 on the existing rim or 2 more options would be to look at 195/60R14 or 205/55 R15 on Alloys. I would advise an tyre upgrade as the most important component as the Verna CRDI is under-tyred.

Sunfilm stick with 3M light or medium shade, which come with warranty, this can be done through the dealer from whom your buying the car.
Old 25th June 2008, 12:50   #3
Senior - BHPian

One of the most important part is that you change the headlight bulbs along with cut-out, they will not cost high but they are very important as far as safty is consern. copmany fitted headlight is poor.

Tyres I think you can use it for a year as given by the company and can chnage it after a year or so.

Sun film is normaly a cheep one will also do as they will cost you less then 2000Rs.

Seat covers also can be put in.

you can spend as much as you want on your car, it deepend's up-on you.

Quote:

Alloy wheels:

Tyres:

Sunfilm:

Please suggest me....
Thanks
Old 25th June 2008, 12:53   #4
BHPian

You might also want a Gear Lock.

Cheers.
Old 25th June 2008, 13:56   #5
BHPian

Thanks.. What do u suggest for the tyres.. I want one time spending..

Which size would be the best with least noise and no odometer offsets..
Which company of tyres do i buy.. N if i can get the Estimated price i can expect... I can also put alloys ..
Lets say .. 30 - 35k the budget for the tyres+ alloys.. ( if less then well enough) .. max 40k..

Sunfilm.. The dealer said it will cost 2800rs.. and he had only one brand.. tata or something..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sats View Post
I run the same Verna variant, tyres you can upsize to a 185/65R14 on the existing rim or 2 more options would be to look at 195/60R14 or 205/55 R15 on Alloys. I would advise an tyre upgrade as the most important component as the Verna CRDI is under-tyred.

Sunfilm stick with 3M light or medium shade, which come with warranty, this can be done through the dealer from whom your buying the car.
Old 25th June 2008, 14:00   #6
BHPian

Okay.. but i havfe heard the the verna has bad handling.. n i highway alot.. so tyre change is a must for me..

and ne idea how much the old tyre+wheel be bought back at.. (they are not alloys).. I asked one car shop he said 150rs a wheel.. is that good??

ABout the headlights??What where how?? total newbie in this..
estimated cost?? which comany?? what bulbs??

If i can just change the bulbs and not the whole wiring and what not.. (holders etc etc)..

and no seat covers..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
One of the most important part is that you change the headlight bulbs along with cut-out, they will not cost high but they are very important as far as safty is consern. copmany fitted headlight is poor.

Tyres I think you can use it for a year as given by the company and can chnage it after a year or so.

Sun film is normaly a cheep one will also do as they will cost you less then 2000Rs.

Seat covers also can be put in.

you can spend as much as you want on your car, it deepend's up-on you.

Last edited by Jaggu : 25th June 2008 at 14:21. Reason: ... and sms language
Old 25th June 2008, 14:30   #7
BHPian

Thanks for the advice. What company of tyres do i buy?
I dont go above 120- 130 km/hr. If you can tell me which tyres have you bought, it would be really helpful. Also, I want super silent tyres.. Please help me in this..

THe color of my verna is real forest. SO what color of alloys do you suggest (black or chrome).

I am ready to spend 30k on the tyre+alloy upgrade. and i guess it is sufficient.. do you have any idea about the price at which your stock tyres were taken back?

Does the alloy change and putting a sunfilm voids warranty of any kind?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sats View Post

Old 25th June 2008, 16:07   #8
Senior - BHPian

I have bought Verna SX with ABS just a month and half back. already went to mumbai puna express highwany for more then four time's and on national highway mumbai gujarat two times driven more then 4000 k.m. I didn't have any problem with company tyres or in handling. (Breaking you have to be careful - as they are very good in this.)

But it is entirely your dissection to change the tyres I respect it.

Change of headlights is must for Verna. 100/110v Philips bulb(which will cost you somewere around Rs.600 each) along with a good cutout(Which will cost you somewere around Rs.500) and two to three hundred on wireing and labour. (In total approx Rs.2000/- for all)

Don't just change only bulb because if you do that then you will have to change the bulbs every six months. (Because of voltage)

Quote:
Okay.. but i havfe heard the the verna has bad handling.. n i highway alot.. so tyre change is a must for me..

and ne idea how much the old tyre+wheel be bought back at.. (they are not alloys).. I asked one car shop he said 150rs a wheel.. is that good??

ABout the headlights??What where how?? total newbie in this..
estimated cost?? which comany?? what bulbs??

If i can just change the bulbs and not the whole wiring and what not.. (holders etc etc)..

and no seat covers..
Old 25th June 2008, 16:27   #9
BHPian

Hey.. thats not much of a price. But will this void the warranty of my car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
I have bought Verna SX with ABS just a month and half back. already went to mumbai puna express highwany for more then four time's and on national highway mumbai gujarat two times driven more then 4000 k.m. I didn't have any problem with company tyres or in handling. (Breaking you have to be careful - as they are very good in this.)

But it is entirely your dissection to change the tyres I respect it.

Change of headlights is must for Verna. 100/110v Philips bulb(which will cost you somewere around Rs.600 each) along with a good cutout(Which will cost you somewere around Rs.500) and two to three hundred on wireing and labour. (In total approx Rs.2000/- for all)

Don't just change only bulb because if you do that then you will have to change the bulbs every six months. (Because of voltage)
Old 25th June 2008, 16:31   #10
BHPian

Sukh,
For many Indian cars, factory fitted tyres are not that good. Especially for low, mid variants (like LX, VX). But most of the car brands offer alloys and better/wider tyres for the high variants. This dosn't mean that OE tyres on low/mid variants are poor with very pathetic handling, but a better tyre will definitely improve grip, comfort and handling for sure. For a Verna CRDi, I would definitely go for a better tyre and wheel too (Alloys gives you option to choose a wide range of tyres in terms of tubed, tubeless, width, profile etc where steel rims won't be able to fit all of them. Also alloys give a very good macho look for a good car). I suggest you to take a look at our Tyres and Alloy wheel section for answers. There are plenty of installs there or you can post your queries too to get expert advice from our tyre gurus.

You can go for a good branded sunfilm like 3M in a light shade and it definitely helps. Also, as someone suggested, a better set of bulb with relay and wiring kit, if you feel the OE HL is not that bright.

If I were you (and what I actually did), first go for alloys and tyres (done in 1st week), then HL/Sun film (Sunfilm can be done at dealer itself as part of a deal if you bargain) and last but not least ICE in steps as and when vitamin-m comes (done in 6-8 months in steps). Give priority to safety-comfort-entertainment in that order.

Last edited by redfire : 25th June 2008 at 16:38.
Old 25th June 2008, 17:19   #11
BHPian

THanks.. after reading the forum. I have decided to go for 185/65/R14 Michelin Energy XM1's. and some good alloys. I read a bit further and found out that there ia a specific ""OFFSET"" for each wheel and if i put a RIM of different offset value there would be problems. Can you suggest me some alloy wheels which can be fitted on the verna CRDI non ABS without the offset problems....

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfire View Post
Sukh,
For many Indian cars, factory fitted tyres are not that good. Especially for low, mid variants (like LX, VX). But most of the car brands offer alloys and better/wider tyres for the high variants. This dosn't mean that OE tyres on low/mid variants are poor with very pathetic handling, but a better tyre will definitely improve grip, comfort and handling for sure. For a Verna CRDi, I would definitely go for a better tyre and wheel too (Alloys gives you option to choose a wide range of tyres in terms of tubed, tubeless, width, profile etc where steel rims won't be able to fit all of them. Also alloys give a very good macho look for a good car). I suggest you to take a look at our Tyres and Alloy wheel section for answers. There are plenty of installs there or you can post your queries too to get expert advice from our tyre gurus.

You can go for a good branded sunfilm like 3M in a light shade and it definitely helps. Also, as someone suggested, a better set of bulb with relay and wiring kit, if you feel the OE HL is not that bright.

If I were you (and what I actually did), first go for alloys and tyres (done in 1st week), then HL/Sun film (Sunfilm can be done at dealer itself as part of a deal if you bargain) and last but not least ICE in steps as and when vitamin-m comes (done in 6-8 months in steps). Give priority to safety-comfort-entertainment in that order.
Old 26th June 2008, 11:00   #12
Senior - BHPian

No way man, if you change the headlight bulb and company rejects the warranty!!! I don't think so...

Quote:
Hey.. thats not much of a price. But will this void the warranty of my car?
Old 26th June 2008, 12:54   #13
Senior - BHPian

I think Verna is a 100 PCD so you'll get a lot of options for Alloys. And just stick to 6J alloys & 185/65 R14 tyres & you should do fine.
Old 26th June 2008, 20:38   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the advice. What company of tyres do i buy?
I dont go above 120- 130 km/hr. If you can tell me which tyres have you bought, it would be really helpful. Also, I want super silent tyres.. Please help me in this..

THe color of my verna is real forest. SO what color of alloys do you suggest (black or chrome).

I am ready to spend 30k on the tyre+alloy upgrade. and i guess it is sufficient.. do you have any idea about the price at which your stock tyres were taken back?

Does the alloy change and putting a sunfilm voids warranty of any kind?

Oh boy i think the name of the colour is real earth and not "real forest" !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks