Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2008, 21:21   #31
BHPian

Team,

The Entire work took me 1 month to completion,

I have attached some pics for you guys of work in progress prior to completion.

Cheers,

Peter.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Accent Redone-dsc00206.jpg  

Hyundai Accent Redone-dsc00207.jpg  

Hyundai Accent Redone-dsc00208.jpg  

Hyundai Accent Redone-dsc00218.jpg  

Hyundai Accent Redone-dsc00221.jpg  

Hyundai Accent Redone-dsc00223.jpg  

Hyundai Accent Redone-dsc00275.jpg  

Hyundai Accent Redone-dsc00279.jpg  

Hyundai Accent Redone-dsc00280.jpg  

Old 25th June 2008, 23:01   #32
Senior - BHPian

I must say i am not a Hyundai fan but your car looks really cool than the original Accent.Congrats man.
Old 25th June 2008, 23:38   #33
Senior - BHPian

I wish Bangalore has a place like Service Inn. Impressive!!
Old 25th June 2008, 23:47   #34
BHPian

Your accent looks great good choice of color.

Why did you decide to take off the head restraints? A small bump from the back can result in passenger and driver breaking their necks. That could be very dangerous. I hope you intend to put the head restraints back.
-GG
Old 26th June 2008, 13:15   #35
BHPian

Help with Accent

Need some advice guys.... Have just got myself a Sep 04 Accent 1.5 . Got all the fluids changed , air filter changed , the mileage i am getting in Mumbai ( colaba ) is 8.5 -8.75. This is with ac on through out. have been reading up on the forum about the KN filters . The dealer ( Viper) in colaba says that he's going to charge me about 6.5K all inclusive. My question is , with an avg of about 5000 km in an year is it worth investing in that AND what are the alternativs to improve the fuel efficiency of the car. I dont rev it , just drive normal , shifting up as soon as the engine can handle ( 5th at 40/45 when traffic permits). So some good advice here would be helpful. Also , does anyone know about arm rests for an accent?.. tried that website but 85 Euros is i think on the higher side plus i dont knw if they will ship to India.
Old 26th June 2008, 13:17   #36
BHPian

ok ..have just got myself a Sep 04 Accent 1.5 . Got all the fluids changed , air filter changed , the mileage i am getting in Mumbai ( colaba ) is 8.5 -8.75. This is with ac on through out. have been reading up on the forum about the KN filters . The dealer ( Viper) in colaba says that he's going to charge me about 6.5K all inclusive. My question is , with an avg of about 5000 km in an year is it worth investing in that AND what are the alternativs to improve the fuel efficiency of the car. I dont rev it , just drive normal , shifting up as soon as the engine can handle ( 5th at 40/45 when traffic permits). So some good advice here would be helpful. Also , does anyone know about arm rests for an accent?.. tried that website but 85 Euros is i think on the higher side plus i dont knw if they will ship to India.
Old 26th June 2008, 14:42   #37
BHPian

I have got the Armrest for my Hyundai Accent from armrest-autoaccessories.com - Home and trust me this is OE for Hyundai's Accents abroad and is of the best quality , I have got one for myslef , it has got Velvet inner lining and leather cushioning on the top.

Am yet to get it fitted to my car , will do that after I get back to India.

Sharayu Hyundai also should be able to supply it but the last time I asked them for the cost ...they mentioned a figure of around 5 to 6k.
Old 3rd July 2008, 22:16   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post

Has anyone any info on the size of the side repeaters for the Accent ?

Thanks Team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
I have got the Armrest for my Hyundai Accent from armrest-autoaccessories.com - Home and trust me this is OE for Hyundai's Accents abroad and is of the best quality , I have got one for myslef , it has got Velvet inner lining and leather cushioning on the top.

Am yet to get it fitted to my car , will do that after I get back to India.

Sharayu Hyundai also should be able to supply it but the last time I asked them for the cost ...they mentioned a figure of around 5 to 6k.

awesome paint job mate, one doubt though, did you remove the engine before painting the engine bay? is you did that was one hell of a job. kudos mate.

what is a side repeater?

and do post the pictures and the use of the arm rest i have a accent viva too if i like it i will order one too.
Old 3rd July 2008, 23:20   #39
BHPian

What about the Gear knob ? It is literally sticking out like a sore thumb. Do something about the steering wheel and centre console also, if you can help. apart from the above, the car looks just....Perfect
Old 8th July 2008, 13:35   #40
BHPian

Hi Team,

Any inputs on how to get the Steering Wheel and the Centre Console Pimped ?

I have now decked the Steering wheel with a leather Cover , replaced the Gear knob with a black leather one but cant figure out what to do with the Centre Console. Was thinking of putting on the Dash trim from Autografix but they dont have much choices in the trims . Just 3 types of shades.

As for the side repeaters ...I was referring to the Sidelights actually. sorry abt that.

Cheers,

Peter.
Old 21st October 2014, 00:29   #41

Re: Hyundai Accent Redone

Hello BHPians, I need some advice -
I'm Shrayan, presently staying at Jodhpur, & need a few suggestions about feasibility & practicability of some modifications I want to do on my car.

Car details:
Hyundai Accent GLE
Sept 2006
Yearly running: 6 - 7 k kms.
Total odo: 61 k kms.
Have plan to use this car atleast for 3 - 4 more years.
Condition: absolutely issue free & completely stock condition except for some external emblems, no mods as of now.

Planned modifications:
1. Free flow exhaust: suggestions? Approx cost?
2. K & N filter and cold air intake: suggestions? Approx cost?
3. Rear window defogger (as in Accent Executive) & wiper (as in Accent Viva): Possible? Suggestions?
4. Touch screen & bluetooth enabled infotainment system: Possible? Suggestions? Approx cost?
5. HID lamp in headlamps with Audi style lights: possible to do in my stock headlamps? Other suggestions? Approx cost?
6. Sunroof: Possible? Suggestions? Approx cost?
7. Steering wheel with audio control: Possible? Suggestions? Approx cost?

Please suggest what all are feasible, and where to do these & get these parts in Jodhpur? What all parts I can get in Delhi, chandigarh or Kolkata if not available here? Name & address of the place? What is the best website to order these online to be delivered in reasonable price if not available here? Any other practical modifications suggested by you?

To the moderators: If you feel this is an inappropriate thread to ask this question, please suggest in which thread or in a new post under which section I should add this?
Old 21st October 2014, 10:24   #42
Senior - BHPian

Accent has a good pickup by default, adding a K&N filter will improve the response further at lower rpm, had done on my Accent sometime back. The K&N filter will cost 6-6.5K and it comes with an aluminium adapter and clips. I would say do not go for FFE, adding a filter will itself create an exhaust with a growl. HID headlamps is possible, you can upgrade to a new gen headunit and get a steering wheel remote interface. The dashboard has provision for single din HU only, in youtube i have seen videos where they have modified the slot to accomodate double din players. As yours is a GLE version there is a panel of dummy switches above the HU slot, try if it is possible to modify the slot to fit a double din player. Sunroof and defogger are always better to have OEM fitted so you can avoid it.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Accent Redone-hyundai_accent_executive_dashboard.jpg  

deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2014, 13:02   #43
Team-BHP Support

The panel above the HU has the hazard light switch, relocating that will take some effort and rewiring. Also, mine's a 2006 model GLE too, but it has the rear defogger stock. Was it removed in a refresh/facelift?
Old 21st October 2014, 15:43   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWithAccent View Post
Hello BHPians, I need some advice -
I'm Shrayan, presently staying at Jodhpur, & need a few suggestions about feasibility & practicability of some modifications I want to do on my car.

Car details:
Hyundai Accent GLE
Sept 2006
Yearly running: 6 - 7 k kms.
Total odo: 61 k kms.
Have plan to use this car atleast for 3 - 4 more years.
Condition: absolutely issue free & completely stock condition except for some external emblems, no mods as of now.

Planned modifications:
1. Free flow exhaust: suggestions? Approx cost?
7K-15K for a FFE. Best avoided.
2. K & N filter and cold air intake: suggestions? Approx cost?
3. Rear window defogger (as in Accent Executive) & wiper (as in Accent Viva): Possible? Suggestions?
Rear Defogger and wiper cost will be prohibitively high. Lot of changes in the electrical circuit to be made. Also, high chances of botching this up. Best avoided again.
4. Touch screen & bluetooth enabled infotainment system: Possible? Suggestions? Approx cost?
For this, you will need a 2 Din space. Accent has a 01 din set up with Hazzard light switch just above. Fitting a 2 Din will need modifications. Why not go for a good 01 Din Bluetooth enabled HU with a touch screen for GPS/entertainment fitted on the windscreen/dash.
5. HID lamp in headlamps with Audi style lights: possible to do in my stock headlamps? Other suggestions? Approx cost?
Possible. But again single HID are normally plug and play. Philips conversion kits are good but pricey. Approx. 10K for the kit.
6. Sunroof: Possible? Suggestions? Approx cost?
Not advisable. You will have to cut through the roof and jeopardize safety of the vehicle if done incorrectly.
7. Steering wheel with audio control: Possible? Suggestions? Approx cost?
Again, wiring issues aplenty. Get a remote for the steering to control the HU.
Pls. refer to my comments in bold.
Old 21st October 2014, 16:53   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
Accent has a good pickup by default, adding a K&N filter will improve the response further at lower rpm, had done on my Accent sometime back. The K&N filter will cost 6-6.5K and it comes with an aluminium adapter and clips. I would say do not go for FFE, adding a filter will itself create an exhaust with a growl. HID headlamps is possible, you can upgrade to a new gen headunit and get a steering wheel remote interface. The dashboard has provision for single din HU only, in Youtube i have seen videos where they have modified the slot to accomodate double din players. As yours is a GLE version there is a panel of dummy switches above the HU slot, try if it is possible to modify the slot to fit a double din player. Sunroof and defogger are always better to have OEM fitted so you can avoid it.
What about cold air intake system?

And there is no possibility of a steering wheel with music system buttons integrated? And where can I get that kind of steering wheel mounted remote? And how will I know if it will wprk with my music system?
For the music system I have thought of some way:
How about fitting a tab with holder at dashboard which will be connected to the speakers? Then it will also work as a GPS system & bluetooth phone connection in speaker mode. But having a remote will be difficult. The charger of the tab can be connected internally or with 12V socket. The tab will also be removable if I want to carry it. Also recently have seen there is a device which if connected to ECU gives car data on any smartphone on tab (some app meneeds to be downloaded in tab. I'll also then keep my previous music system also & attach the tab to some dashboard mounted holder.
- this sounds feasible? Can be done?

And can you please tell me if Viva rear window wiper can be installed in GLE model of Accent?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks