Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2008, 18:44   #1
BHPian

Remote/Keyless entry for Fabia Active (updated other accessories)

Has anyone here added a central locking capability to the manual central locking of Skoda Fabia Active?

Is there a way I can get this done without voiding the warranty?

I looked at Fabia accessories in the UK and they list a 80 pound remote set for the Fabia, but the dealers here have no such accessory.
Old 28th June 2008, 22:37   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Fabia does not have central locking ? Pls re-check.
Old 30th June 2008, 10:19   #3
BHPian

Fabia Classic does have manual central locking

I am sorry, it is the Classic variant. The classic variant does have manual central locking - i.e you can use the key on the driver side door and lock/unlock all 4 doors and the boot.

I just want to add a remote to it. I don't need extra security or anything, just want to add a remote to lock/unlock 4 doors+boot. I want to do this without voiding the warranty.

When I spoke to a few accessory shops, they said they could do it and it would not involve any cutting/peeling of the wires. They would just attach a remote unit to a coupler. And they claimed, it would not void any warranty.

Does this make sense? Anyone have this experience?
Old 30th June 2008, 11:28   #4
Senior - BHPian

Who is the OEM supplier for the manual locking ??, contact them, they will have an option.
Old 30th July 2008, 09:08   #5
BHPian

Sun Films (front and rear windshields) for Fabia

Hi,

I am looking for some advice on sun films. I have Llumar(don't remember which one exactly) on the windows. The guy at the shop could not offer any clear guidance on which films to put on the front windshield and the rear windscreen.

Is there a problem putting a film on the rear windscreen? Does it interfere with the defogger in any way?

Similarly, which film would you recommend I apply to the front windshield? I primarily need it to cut the heat (in Delhi summers) and also provide anti-glare capabilities.I tend to be blinded some times by cars coming from the opposite side (on an undivided stretch) with high beams on. The fabia seems to have glasses which provide good UV rejection anyways.

Finally, is it much cheaper to buy this film in the US and just have it applied here?

Thanks

Note from Mod team: Please continue discussion here, instead of creating new threads. Notify us if you need to change the title of the thread in future

Last edited by Jaggu : 30th July 2008 at 10:18.
Old 25th August 2008, 13:03   #6
Senior - BHPian

For front wind shield try Llumar AIR 65 or AIR 75 clear film , There is one in aqua shade also but it may cause displeasure to traffic police in Delhi.
It costs about 5000 just for the front shield. A similar product is available from 3M as well. This kind of film does not block visibility but provides heat rejection.

For rear you can try 3M / Llumar with 70% or 50% visibility , 3M silver
series provides about 40% heat rejection , Platinum series provides 3/4 % more heat rejection but it is costlier and not VFM.

Proper Installation is very important for Sunfilms , There should not be any wrinkles / bubbles in film , if you are buying from a reputed dealer here he will provide installation free and provide warrenty if there are any bubbles.

If you buy from US you need to pay for installation and in case the film develops some problems ( durt / grime / touching when gum is wet) then you will not get replacement so ultimately it may work costlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saraf_suman View Post
Hi,

I am looking for some advice on sun films. I have Llumar(don't remember which one exactly) on the windows. The guy at the shop could not offer any clear guidance on which films to put on the front windshield and the rear windscreen.

Is there a problem putting a film on the rear windscreen? Does it interfere with the defogger in any way?

Similarly, which film would you recommend I apply to the front windshield? I primarily need it to cut the heat (in Delhi summers) and also provide anti-glare capabilities.I tend to be blinded some times by cars coming from the opposite side (on an undivided stretch) with high beams on. The fabia seems to have glasses which provide good UV rejection anyways.

Finally, is it much cheaper to buy this film in the US and just have it applied here?

Thanks

Note from Mod team: Please continue discussion here, instead of creating new threads. Notify us if you need to change the title of the thread in future
Old 26th November 2008, 23:36   #7
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by saraf_suman View Post
Has anyone here added a central locking capability to the manual central locking of Skoda Fabia Active?

Is there a way I can get this done without voiding the warranty?

I looked at Fabia accessories in the UK and they list a 80 pound remote set for the Fabia, but the dealers here have no such accessory.
This was the main reason for not going in for fabia.they dont have remote nor do they have power windows in skoda(even as accessories).Cut one airbag and add power windows and am sure the fabia will sell like hotcakes.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks