Team-BHP - Colour combinations for my Turbocharged Honda City
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Colour combinations for my Turbocharged Honda City (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/42733-colour-combinations-my-turbocharged-honda-city.html)

I really liked the black paint job done on this honda, Can some one photoshop similar paint job on my ride (bumper/show grill ) with my current original color (Golden) but painted like as on black honda but with some minor changes like

* i need the stock hood, not as in black honda
* Stock Head Lamps without eye lids
* would love to see smoke effect on head lights though.
* Show Grill in front of intercooler should be in black color.
* the pipes coming in & going out of intercooler which can be seen now, will not be seen in my new setup so pls make that area stock with body color bumper.

All this as i plan to redo Paint on my car, basically overcoat but would like to have some preview before that.
i would be very grateful if somebody with good photoshop skills could help me out.
thanks in advance.

here, i did a quickie based on your points.

Colour combinations for my Turbocharged Honda City-rocam.jpg

i tried some painting on the ORVMs in this one
Colour combinations for my Turbocharged Honda City-roc-orvm.jpg

anything else??

Thanks badboy, can you paint the hood as well & the black stripes on show grill next to honda logo.

Looks like it needs more touch ups there are lot of black scrapes on bumper.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ford Rocam (Post 907593)
paint the hood as well & the black stripes on show grill next to honda logo.

Looks like it needs more touch ups there are lot of black scrapes on bumper.

im including this pic of your car's existing state for comparison
Colour combinations for my Turbocharged Honda City-dsc04652.jpg

and here is your car after the repaint.:D
Colour combinations for my Turbocharged Honda City-repaint.jpg

Thank you "Badboy" you just added the "WOW" factor to my ride, hope it looks the same or better when painted for real.

Need some more suggestion regarding Paint?
1) Which one is good standox/dupont or any other?
2) Where do i get the paint job done here in mumbai?

it will be complete overcoat Golden color & i want to paint the engine bay as well, same as body color with engine removed.

So pour in some suggestion guys.

Standox is more expensive and of a slightly higher quality than Dupont. Cost me 24k to paint my Lancer using Standox, and like your car, it involved a change in colour.

Quote:

Originally Posted by razor4077 (Post 909857)
Standox is more expensive and of a slightly higher quality than Dupont. Cost me 24k to paint my Lancer using Standox, and like your car, it involved a change in colour.

what was your original color? did they painted your engine bay as well.?

Originally silver, changed to black. And yes, engine bay was painted too.

Jitu if you're going to stick to Golden colour, go in for a shade called "Naples Gold" (Same as Dippy's car) rather than Maharaja Gold or Heather Mist.

These are standard OHC colours & you'll have no difficulty finding them or explaining them to the painter.

Also use either Dupont or Standox, both are top-quality. But make sure the bodywork is done properly.

Jitu, Are you going to stick to Gold?? Here is something to change your mind. Also i just read ur pm so sorry for the late entries!!

Here is your car.
Colour combinations for my Turbocharged Honda City-dsc04652.jpg

Here is a quick PS mod to show what you can do. Minor Stuff.

Colour combinations for my Turbocharged Honda City-dsc04652-copy.jpg

And here is a color change for you!!

Colour combinations for my Turbocharged Honda City-dsc04652-copy-copy.jpg

Hope you like it!!

Jitu why not go in for a colour change?
Your ride is probably among the fastest TCed OHCs out there and it deserves an equally fast looking colour to go with its character.
Try Electric Blue, Pearlcent White with gold/silver or red sparkles, Jet Black etc.
If you are ready to spend some moolah on the paint job please go in for a colour change.

PS: OT always wanted to mention that your avtar pic if looked at a glance seems to be a Corolla. And that always left me wondering all sorts of things like your Tag name "Ford Rocam" who has a TCed "Honda" with a "Toyota Corolla" avtar pic.:confused:.......:D. Please dont take any offense.

Another Suggestion. And this one looks Stunning!! I just Love that Red Badging!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhik (Post 910103)
Jitu why not go in for a colour change?
Your ride is probably among the fastest TCed OHCs out there and it deserves an equally fast looking colour to go with its character.
Try Electric Blue, Pearlcent White with gold/silver or red sparkles, Jet Black etc.

I want simplicity, no sporty look but just a good paint job. She should be beauty from outside with a devil hidden under the hood:cool:

Quote:

If you are ready to spend some moolah on the paint job please go in for a colour change.

I am on a tight budget & have to spend on good suspension setup, tyres and new clutch (which i have narrowed down) so my priorities are bit different.

Quote:

PS: OT always wanted to mention that your avtar pic if looked at a glance seems to be a Corolla. And that always left me wondering all sorts of things like your Tag name "Ford Rocam" who has a TCed "Honda" with a "Toyota Corolla" avtar pic.:confused:.......:D. Please dont take any offense.

Thanks Abhik,

LOL...Yeah people do get confuse about my nick & the type of car i drive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava (Post 910080)
Jitu if you're going to stick to Golden colour, go in for a shade called "Naples Gold" (Same as Dippy's car) rather than Maharaja Gold or Heather Mist.

Thats a good suggestion Ishan, i really liked that color & will go for same (if dippy doesn't mind ?:D)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyrus43 (Post 910113)
Another Suggestion. And this one looks Stunning!! I just Love that Red Badging!!

Cyrus can you repaint the car with "Naples Gold" for preview & put that Red Badging on stock Show grill (Stripes), i need 2 pics, one with & other without the red Badging.
P.S will red badging look good on golden color background? or can we try with some different color?

JUst so that you get an idea of what a real life red honda city looks, am attaching pics, I recently re did this city from chucking the Chameleon body kits to a simple City kit and paint job, the hood was on the car from earlier, and I am not a big fan of it, however a lot of people find it very good looking.
There is a spare original shape hood painted in shiny black. ;)

Satya Bhai - That one was in black before right?

Anyways the Job with the Red Color looks awesome. You always kind of do it very beautifully. clap: