Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2008, 10:50   #1
BHPian

Engine Swap Query.

I have seen many threads on ezens and engine swaps. Now my query is how reliable is a swap? This is the first time am venturing into mods and engine swaps. I have two options, A 1985 SS80DX with a zen 1.0Ltr engine/1.1Ltr Wagon-r engine or a zen with a 1.3Ltr esteem engine (carb).

In hyd, I dont know any proper tuner and I cant even keep driving every now and then to other states for fixing problems. I need a very reliable daily drive car. Which swap would be better? I want you to help me out on the best fun to drive car. Am not going to go overboard with performance mods. Will plonk in a FFE and CAI for sure and mostly stop there itself. I want the car to be be very fast, nimble, fun, peppy and one performance car. Regarding the FE, if it delivers 10-12, am happy.So guys, I want you all to help me get this swap done. If you say a swap tends to pose many problems, I would go for my other option, an alto vxi. I would like to know the cost, risks involved, care to be taken during an engine transplant.

(This maybe a duplicate thread posted in the what car section but am sure majority of the tuners do not eye that part of tbhp. Hence the new thread, I hope the mods dont close it.)

Cheers,
Sagar.
Old 14th September 2008, 11:15   #2
BHPian

Hi All,

Same query as Sagar with a little twist to the tale. Is it possible to overbore (Hope it's the right term) a M800 engine to say 1000 CC ? As without a engine swap. I already have a K&N and should be getting a FFE done anytime now and If the overbore is possible will the FFE need to me specially made for that?

Sagar, I am told that a e-Zen with a 1.3 Liter engine is pretty much as safe as a stock Zen.

Best Regards,
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks