Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2005, 16:40   #1
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Where to get low/ace-cafe handlebars for Bullet + my modded Machismo pics

Am looking out for a handlebar which would give me a lean-forward position. Have tried bending the original handlebar downwards but it touches the tank on full turn. Can anyone tell me from where can i get a handle bar similar to the one used on the Enfield Bullet Sixty-5 Sportsman.

Old 21st March 2005, 17:08   #2
BHPian

Hey V12,
Is there any difference in the handle bar of an old machismo and the new one??

My friend had the old machismo(2000 model) and he bent its handle bar back towards the tank, looks pretty smart and i found it easier to ride, it sure gives u the lean-forward position.. But it isn't as low as in the pic u'v given..

Dont think his hits the tank or else he wouldnt have done it in the first place.. I dont think u need to change the handle bars.. Just stick on to the one u have and try it out, dont understand how u'rs hit the tank!! May be u tryed to make it as low as in the pic.. But wont that hurt u'r bac over a long trip on the bike??!!
Old 22nd March 2005, 14:23   #3
BHPian

Hey V12 as far as i remember from what i have seen these Cafe Racer kinda Bullets in pics, they have a different cowling in which there are holes on the sides of the cowling and the handle bar pieces pass thru it and are attached to the front fork pipes. The cowling happens to be a two piece one. Actually in places like Chennai and Bangalore it sould be pretty simple to ahve the stoff fabricated cuz i have seem some really amazing mods on Bullets from those cities.

Cheers!!!

->P

P.S. For looks, this look is my favourite but trust me it must be a pain when it comes to city riding and handling with these handle bars on the bike. Will make an awesome show/drag bike but.
Old 26th March 2005, 05:44   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hey V12,
Did you try Zubin's workplace at tardeo??? If not,then go ahead,he'll definately be having it.Otherwise the second best option is Mohsin Rizvi at JJ.One of my friends got it fixed on his RD in December.Will ask him how much it costed him and get back.

X
Old 21st September 2005, 22:08   #5
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Have got the similar styled rear mud-guard for my Machismo. Its an unpainted one. Will fit and see if any modifications are required. Once done, will get it painted black. Any tips on seat mods, guys?

Also thinking about the tank paint scheme for the front and rear mudguards too. The center of the front and rear mudguards will be painted black whereas the sides remain chrome/steel. What say? Any comments?
Old 21st September 2005, 23:58   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12
Have got the similar styled rear mud-guard for my Machismo. Its an unpainted one. Will fit and see if any modifications are required. Once done, will get it painted black. Any tips on seat mods, guys?

Also thinking about the tank paint scheme for the front and rear mudguards too. The center of the front and rear mudguards will be painted black whereas the sides remain chrome/steel. What say? Any comments?

Hey V12

Looks like you are going in for the Cafe Racer look eh

Okai for the handlebars if you havent found the right ones, you can try clip- on's like shown in the following picture....

The disadvantages of such clip-on's will be many, to name a few, lousy turning at low speeds, backaches and ofcourse you'll have to do away with your front cowling!

Its a cool thing that you are being patient and collecting stuff for your bike ..... the front and rear fenders id say, paint em like in the 1st pic...the 1 you posted....that will look killer..... the stripe/piping that is done in gold on the fuel tank and the tool boxes along with that silver pain will look awesome on the front and rear tins too......will just add that much character to the bike.....
A simple colour with thin twin parallel striping to bring out the contours of the tank, tool boxes ... else if you wanna have some chrome effect on it i'd advise you to get the
chrome part lacquered/clear coated to save you the maintainence and the tins from rusting

As for the seats just get a seat pan made like that what was standard on the British made Bullets from the year 1962 they will suit the look your going for. Will be short enough to be sporty, at the same time willl seat a pillion when required unlike the cafe racer seats that have that hump on the rear.

Will love to see the pics of your bike once it is completed

Ride On & All the Best for the Build.
Old 22nd September 2005, 10:26   #7
Team-BHP Support

If you fit the type of handlebars as illustrated in the picture.... get ready to have your back screwed very soon... All the Best!
Old 24th September 2005, 10:29   #8
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

the thing is that i want to keep the front cowling. If i have to put clip-ons the cowling would have to go. Thats why i'm looking for a low handlebar (see pic below). Right now the handlebar is bent so much that on fullturn it leaves just a mm of a gap between the switchfear and the tank . Was also thinking if its possible to get a normal handlebar and fix it the other way round.

Also any ideas where i can get the foot-pegs rearset without having to fold them to use the kick-start (like the CBZ).
Old 24th September 2005, 10:46   #9
Team-BHP Support

Have you checked out Lamington road? The have 1 piece low set handlebars, like what BSM used for their cafe.
Old 24th September 2005, 13:02   #10
BHPian

U can get such handles in Delhi..
Old 28th September 2005, 22:37   #11
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

this is the mudguard that i've got.

Should be ready this weekend. Any idea how much would the round frame cost. The existing frame does not fit this mudguard.
Old 4th February 2006, 09:34   #12
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Got the mudguard fitted yesterday along with new tail lights and number plate. The tail lights broke while fitting them. Will replace them later. SO what do u say guys? Do these round mudguards look better than the "bucket" ones??

Last edited by v12 : 4th February 2006 at 13:06.
Old 4th February 2006, 13:08   #13
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Also asked for clubman handlebars but it seems they would touch the tank on full turns. So looking out for any other low handlebars. ideas anyone??
Old 4th February 2006, 13:22   #14
BHPian

i also have been looking out for such handle bars for the rx...for drag use
havnt been able to find them.
i tried zubin/lamington road/central garage etc. but noone has them.
in bangalore they are freely available though..

this is what ive been looking for(bike on the right)
Old 2nd April 2006, 22:35   #15
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The tail lights broke while fitting them. Will replace them later
Got a different set of tail lights fitted. Also fitted these "HIGH SECURITY REGISTRATION PLATES". They really look good. Since they are made of Aluminium and are too thin (east for kids to bend), i have mounted them on the original plates. Have blackened the number plates with black stickers and fitted a reflector below the number plate to fill in the empty gap.

Next on the list are low seats and amber indicators and Dunlop 3.5 front and rear.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks