Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2008, 18:59   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Btw, 19K kms and change of tyres? I have done 30K on my Bridgestone S322's and they are still quite good with lots of thread still in.
I was waiting to change them for a long time and I could not resist any longer. Plus I have got crazy friends, they don't talk about investments, all they talk about is fatter tires So I finally made up my mind.

The old rubber was still in great condition and I feel terrible wasting it but my car just looked too boring on those 175's. So the change was not because they required one. It was just for the V pattern and fatter footprint.

Yoko S-Drive too is a high performance summer tire and must be great in all respect I am sure. The grooves resembled those of the Potenza which I was fed up of. My Matiz has them for the last 5 years. It is actually subjective. I liked the pattern on ES100s more. They would probably cost you the same as well. Not really sure! Google them to get the specifications.

Last edited by abhi1309 : 23rd September 2008 at 19:05.
Old 23rd September 2008, 21:59   #17
Senior - BHPian

i always wanted v grooves on my tires ;-(
next time i hope..
Old 23rd September 2008, 23:54   #18
Senior - BHPian

Good choice of tyre abhi. Alloy + tyre combo looks great on your car.
Old 24th September 2008, 00:39   #19
BHPian

Lovely tyre's.Alloy looks cool as well.Car is now looking hot.......
Old 24th September 2008, 02:35   #20
BHPian

Be safe with the es-100s. Great tyres. Fitted them a year back almost on BIL's fiesta 1.4. A world of difference from Stock!
Old 24th September 2008, 06:16   #21
Senior - BHPian

Abhi
Very nice photographs. Particularly the first one. That's the best angle for the car plus the greenery all around makes it a wonderful picture.
Regarding the experience of changeover from stock MRFs to imported tyres I also went through the same kind of "wow" feeling when I recently changed my tyres (MRF to Michelins). It was like the changeover from canvas keds to Nike.
I think 3.5k is a decent price for Yokos. Tyre prices have recently gone through the roof because of rubber price rise (the main raw material). Could you please tell me which Michelins were quoted way higher than the Yokos? Here I was quoted the same price for both Michelins and Yokos and went for Mich on dealer's advice. But I suppose we are talking about different sub-brands. Like, Michelin XM1+ was quoted at par with Yoko A100 (I hope I am correct with that sub-brand name).
I think dealers push various brands and sub-brands at different times of the year depending on their own stock situation, margin structure etc and should not be taken very seriously.
Old 24th September 2008, 13:41   #22
BHPian

Congrats, am also running the same tyre. It will be more than satisfactory for you. I have run 33 kms on these and you can look at approx more than 35k out of these if you balance and align your wheels regularly. No complaints, no bulges, no uneven wear, just a few punctures which can happen to any tyre. The tyres held air well even with three nails in it for more than a couple of weeks.
Old 26th September 2008, 15:36   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team View Post
Could you please tell me which Michelins were quoted way higher than the Yokos? Here I was quoted the same price for both Michelins and Yokos and went for Mich on dealer's advice. But I suppose we are talking about different sub-brands. Like, Michelin XM1+ was quoted at par with Yoko A100 (I hope I am correct with that sub-brand name).
I think dealers push various brands and sub-brands at different times of the year depending on their own stock situation, margin structure etc and should not be taken very seriously.
The Michelins were Pilot Precedas or something. Also, The potenza, same size was quoted at 4050 which I thought was a joke. Who'll give so much for a bunch of Potenzas. The price should be lesser for a mass market tire I believe, which Potenza now is.

And dealers do push what they have, you are right. Especially, every dealer now is a Bridgestone and Michelin authorised one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
i always wanted v grooves on my tires ;-(
next time i hope..
I totally understand my friend.. I have been through the V-groove-less days.

Last edited by abhi1309 : 26th September 2008 at 15:52.
Old 26th September 2008, 15:39   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team View Post
Abhi
Very nice photographs. Particularly the first one. That's the best angle for the car plus the greenery all around makes it a wonderful picture.
That was taken in Gaganbawda ghat, ahead of Kolhapur, early in the morning on my way to Goa early this month. But the car has the stock MRF rubber there

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydiablo View Post
Congrats, am also running the same tyre. It will be more than satisfactory for you. I have run 33 kms on these and you can look at approx more than 35k out of these if you balance and align your wheels regularly. No complaints, no bulges, no uneven wear, just a few punctures which can happen to any tyre. The tyres held air well even with three nails in it for more than a couple of weeks.
Sounds great to me, but I was expecting doing at least 40000 Kms if not 45. 35K sounds dangerously less.

Last edited by abhi1309 : 26th September 2008 at 15:41.
Old 4th May 2011, 15:11   #25
BHPian

Re: Fiesta tire (Yokos) upgrade today...hopefully

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydiablo View Post
Car's done now 67k+ and they still have a lot of life left in them. They can go for another 5K kms easily. I changed them on 19K odo, so they have already done 48000 kms

I have done balancing more than probably anyone in the country ever did. So its a decent distance done.
Old 5th May 2011, 02:19   #26
BHPian

Re: Fiesta tire (Yokos) upgrade today...hopefully

@abhi1309. I have also ES-100(195/60/15) on my swift. And Grip is just too good. Only downside is Noise. Initially for couple of thousand Kms Noise was very low. But after that it increased. And it eats lots of small stones. But Overall it is VFM. I have done 20K Kms on it and i assume it will go another 15K easily.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks