Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2008, 19:30   #1
BHPian

Innova Clutch height modification

Hi,

I have owned an Innova for about 6 months now. I am having a problem with the clutch height which is a little too high for my left foot (I am a shoe size of 8.5 so its not that i have small feet). I need to lower the clutch height by about 2 inches so that it is closer to the center of my left foot. Any advise on how to do this?

If i cant fix this, then i need to sell the innova and go for some automatic car as my office is about 25 km from my home in bangalore and the traffic really sucks

Do advise

Thanks

Amit
Old 30th September 2008, 13:49   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I wear a shoe size of 9 - 10 (dependent on brand & type) and haven't faced this problem in the Innova. However, since you evidently are, lets get down to solving it. Be prepared for some amount of trial & error:

1. Logically, a thick floor mat (1/2 - 3/4 inch) will raise the level at which your foot rests and hence, reduce the distance to the clutch. This has got to be simpler than altering your clutch pedal height.

2. How about visiting a known garage (Psycho's, v1p3r's etc. etc.) and trying to fit in a custom-made spacer (or similar)? Will require a little jugad but shouldn't be that difficult.

Quote:
I have owned an Innova for about 6 months now. I am having a problem with the clutch height which is a little too high for my left foot (I am a shoe size of 8.5 so its not that i have small feet). I need to lower the clutch height by about 2 inches so that it is closer to the center of my left foot. Any advise on how to do this?
Hiring a chauffeur will work out cheaper, if you consider the $$$ that you will lose in selling a 6 month old car. Not to mention the convenience!!
Old 30th September 2008, 17:26   #3
BHPian

thanks for this advise...I'll give the mat thing a try this time...maybe put some thermocole below the rubber mat might do the trick..

alternatively, can you let me know where these garages are located in Bangalore?

Thanks a ton !

Amit

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I wear a shoe size of 9 - 10 (dependent on brand & type) and haven't faced this problem in the Innova. However, since you evidently are, lets get down to solving it. Be prepared for some amount of trial & error:

1. Logically, a thick floor mat (1/2 - 3/4 inch) will raise the level at which your foot rests and hence, reduce the distance to the clutch. This has got to be simpler than altering your clutch pedal height.

2. How about visiting a known garage (Psycho's, v1p3r's etc. etc.) and trying to fit in a custom-made spacer (or similar)? Will require a little jugad but shouldn't be that difficult.

Hiring a chauffeur will work out cheaper, if you consider the $$$ that you will lose in selling a 6 month old car. Not to mention the convenience!!
Old 30th September 2008, 19:06   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Or

how about using a dead pedal ?

Innova Clutch height modification-steeringwheel.jpg
Old 1st October 2008, 07:29   #5
BHPian

Hmm, this makes sense too. I think one of these options should work well. I'll drop by at the accessory shop and find out a good fit. I'll avoid doing any major rework on the clutch height as either padding or a dead pedal should solve this issue.

Thanks all for your inputs ! This is a terrific forum.

Amit

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
Or

how about using a dead pedal ?

Attachment 54643

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks