Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2008, 11:57   #1
BHPian

K&N Apollo air filter for my Swift Petrol??

hello everybody..i have been wanting to install a K&N air filter on my swift petrol..the dealer recommended me the K&N Apollo filter.. it costs some where between 9-10 K..

Now as most of you have 'been there,done that' ,i wanted to know what would be the over all Difference in Performance after the installation of this filter??

Please feel free to give in your suggestions..
Old 12th October 2008, 17:13   #2
BANNED

go for it, performance wize, its not descriable sometimes unless you fell it yourself after the install. its a smll wonder and you will alwayz want to floor the pedal all the time.
and after that you'll wonder that " if this small mod can help in performace help that much then what will a turbo setup do on petrol swift"

i would suggest you go for it dont wait. i alos have this kind of setup from PIPERCROSS. heres the link http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...tml#post857376
Old 13th October 2008, 00:28   #3
BHPian

I think all Swifts would be better off with an enclosed performance filter such as Green Cotton or Simota. All the KnN is going to be doing is letting the engine suck up hot air no matter where you place it.
Old 13th October 2008, 00:49   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipsyde View Post
I think all Swifts would be better off with an enclosed performance filter such as Green Cotton or Simota. All the KnN is going to be doing is letting the engine suck up hot air no matter where you place it.
K&N appolo is a CAI as in an enclosed filter.
Old 13th October 2008, 10:01   #5
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by suped99 View Post
the dealer recommended me the K&N Apollo filter.. it costs some where between 9-10 K..
Now as most of you have 'been there,done that' ,i wanted to know what would be the over all Difference in Performance after the installation of this filter??

Please feel free to give in your suggestions..
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipsyde View Post
I think all Swifts would be better off with an enclosed performance filter(CAI) such as Green Cotton or Simota. All the KnN is going to be doing is letting the engine suck up hot air no matter where you place it.

Hi,

IMO it does not matter whether you go in for a enclosed filter costing 9-10k or a open element conical filter irrespective of the brand. The performance in both is almost identical and you will end up saving a couple of thousand rupees.

Before anybody starts to jump at me I want anybody to show me the diff in improvement made by a enclosed kit like K&N Apollo measured by a timing equipment(stop watch/gtech or similar) in India and in the cars sold here under everyday drive conditions and then decide for themselves. I can bet the diff is not going to be measurable.

Till such time that someone can prove the same I feel its just a waste of money. Others are entitled to their opinion.

Viper

Last edited by viper : 13th October 2008 at 10:02.
Old 13th October 2008, 10:36   #6
BHPian

Thanks alot Everybody..appreciate it... monty i just checked out your setup..its neat, i like it..
Old 13th October 2008, 10:40   #7
BHPian

the sad thing is..the only brand i see here in Hyd is K&N when it comes to airfilters..
brands which just you guys told me about example : PIPERCROSS, Green Cotton or Simota, are not here..or maybe i havent been to the right store as yet..i hope K&N is as good as the brands u guys just told me ..because i will be getting it installed in my car soon..
Old 18th December 2008, 00:10   #8
BHPian

k&n apollo is a very competent cold air intake filter.... it's perfect for ur use.. just make sure u supplement this with some other performace modifications like a FFE to actually gain real-time performance..
cheerz
Old 18th December 2008, 08:33   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suped99 View Post
the sad thing is..the only brand i see here in Hyd is K&N when it comes to airfilters..
brands which just you guys told me about example : PIPERCROSS, Green Cotton or Simota, are not here..or maybe i havent been to the right store as yet..i hope K&N is as good as the brands u guys just told me ..because i will be getting it installed in my car soon..
For Pipercross, get in touch with Chequered Flag in minister's road and for Green Cotton, get in touch with Golechha & Sons shop, this is located in Ramgopalpet.
Old 18th December 2008, 09:51   #10
Senior - BHPian

I've been thinking of installing a K&N Apollo CAI in my Swift Petrol. Could you folks help me with some info about something that I'm not sure of?

I had an Apollo on my Fiat Palio 1.2 earlier. It improved the top-end tremendously, but the low-end suffered badly. In fact, from slow speeds, even after downshifting, the car would shudder if I tried to pick up speed fast (= pushed the gas pedal down fast). Over time I learned to ease off the gas pedal at the moment shuddering started and the push down slowly again. I drove the car for about 3000kms before I sold it. The Apollo was removed before I sold it and I'd found another home for it.

Now the Apollo-fever has bit me again and I'm thinking of getting one for my Swift Petrol, with a Remus Bolt-on muffler.

Most of my driving is in medium to heavy traffic. But I do make long trips once in 2 months or so, and that is when I'd like to really enjoy the Apollo.

Will the Apollo affect the low-end of the Swift Petrol like it did in the Palio? This would make driving in traffic pretty hard.

I hope I will not have to settle for a stock-replacement Filter. :(
Old 18th December 2008, 09:54   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
I've been thinking of installing a K&N Apollo CAI in my Swift Petrol. Could you folks help me with some info about something that I'm not sure of?

I had an Apollo on my Fiat Palio 1.2 earlier. It improved the top-end tremendously, but the low-end suffered badly. In fact, from slow speeds, even after downshifting, the car would shudder if I tried to pick up speed fast (= pushed the gas pedal down fast). Over time I learned to ease off the gas pedal at the moment shuddering started and the push down slowly again. I drove the car for about 3000kms before I sold it. The Apollo was removed before I sold it and I'd found another home for it.

Now the Apollo-fever has bit me again and I'm thinking of getting one for my Swift Petrol, with a Remus Bolt-on muffler.

Most of my driving is in medium to heavy traffic. But I do make long trips once in 2 months or so, and that is when I'd like to really enjoy the Apollo.

Will the Apollo affect the low-end of the Swift Petrol like it did in the Palio? This would make driving in traffic pretty hard.

I hope I will not have to settle for a stock-replacement Filter. :(
the palio was a 1.2 engine and the swift is a 1.3. both are under a 100bhp. i think the apollo would have been too large for the palio engine which is why the low end got affected. if you get a slightly smaller filter like the green cotton wind i think the low end will be unaffected and the top end would improve. or you could buy the green storm im selling.
Old 18th December 2008, 09:56   #12
Senior - BHPian

redfire runs a similar setup right, try pming him
Old 29th October 2015, 19:58   #13
BHPian

Re: K&N Apollo air filter for my Swift Petrol??

Hi guys, I was thinking about installing a K&N air filter for my fiesta TDCi (diesel) but the dealer suggested Appolo CIA (he quoted 14k. Cheating???). I want to know which one is better.
Old 29th October 2015, 20:54   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsi View Post
Hi guys, I was thinking about installing a K&N air filter for my fiesta TDCi (diesel) but the dealer suggested Appolo CIA (he quoted 14k. Cheating???). I want to know which one is better.
A CAI wont do any benefit as such on the Diesel. Better go for the K&N/Company direct replacement.
devilwearsprada is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2015, 20:56   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post
A CAI wont do any benefit as such on the Diesel. Better go for the K&N/Company direct replacement.
Direct replacement? can you please elaborate.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks