Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2008, 22:37   #1
BHPian

Problem with clutch

We have a couple of Zen's in the family. Both are 2005 MPFI, one is black and the other is Silver. Now the silver one has never had this sort of problem but for some reason the black zen's clutch has been giving problems, though both are driven identically.

Few months ago the Black Zen stalled as soon as we entered the city from one of our trips to kerala. We had to get it towed to a service center where they replaced the clutch plates.

Now I notice some vibrations just before i depress the clutch i.e. in normal position, the clutch is vibrating slightly. It is pretty unusual.. I wanted to know if someone is having similar issues with their cars...

And both of us who drive the cars dont "ride the clutch".
Old 22nd October 2008, 10:48   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

How many kms has the silver one run? No two cars are built identically so it's not necessary for them to be as reliable (or not) as the other.

If this vibration has cropped up only after the install, you need to have the mechanic check the marriage between your flywheel and clutch. The install is not perfect.

If the vibrations were present prior to the clutch job, you need to check the engine mounts.
Old 22nd October 2008, 11:09   #3
BHPian

GTO - Silver has done 52k Kms and the Black is just 3k kms lesser. The problem started after the clutch job. I just want to be sure I know what is going on, before I take it to the dealer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks