Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2005, 00:16   #1
BHPian

basic mods for optra

hey guys,my dad is FINALLY ready to buy the optra(1.6),we will go to book it tomorro or maybe day after tomorrow,i wanted to know what basic mods should i make(maybe wheels),use it more on highways,also on security systems and music system.Please help guys
Old 1st April 2005, 00:47   #2
BHPian

The Optra 1.6 comes with a security system i guess as my friend has it on his optra 1.6 i think its an LS model.
Well music system and wheels all depends on your budget pal.
Old 1st April 2005, 00:51   #3
BHPian

i think i will be taking the basic 1.6 not the ls...also i wanted to know wether it is even necessary to change the wheells for highway driving...my dad thinks alloys is a waste but i will convince him soon...

Last edited by vandan : 1st April 2005 at 00:52.
Old 1st April 2005, 03:54   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandan
i think i will be taking the basic 1.6 not the ls...also i wanted to know wether it is even necessary to change the wheells for highway driving...my dad thinks alloys is a waste but i will convince him soon...

yeha dude for highway driving alloys and tubeless tires are a must. As far as other mods go, you can basically start off with putting an air filter & a mild exhuast (Since ur dad is driving the car). This alone should add another 7 HP to your cars performance. But then make sure u put some good rubber on ur car its a must.
Old 1st April 2005, 04:05   #5
Senior - BHPian

hey dude if you are going to be using the car on the highways its recommended that you use tubeless tyres.it decreases the chances of a tyre blow out.alloys arent really essential as such but give the car a totally different look.if i am not mistaken the security system come along with the car even in the base model and the music system depends entirely on your budget ranging from around 13000 - no limit but for a round 15k you should be able to get your self a descent system which includes basic head unit , speakers. since your dads mainly going to be using the car he wouldnt want a very loud system so that should be sufficient

Rev
Old 1st April 2005, 15:49   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigarmuni
yeha dude for highway driving alloys and tubeless tires are a must. As far as other mods go, you can basically start off with putting an air filter & a mild exhuast (Since ur dad is driving the car). This alone should add another 7 HP to your cars performance. But then make sure u put some good rubber on ur car its a must.
will the air filters and exhaust have any effect on the F.E.?where can i get these and how much will it cost me(installation + parts)

Last edited by vandan : 1st April 2005 at 15:50.
Old 1st April 2005, 16:53   #7
Senior - BHPian

hey vandan,

dont know abou the headlamps in an optra,but if its 55/60w get a p[air of 100/90w bulbs along with a relay.this will be very helpful for highway driving.
i doubt if your pops is gonna allow you to modify ur exhaust .as it will require tampering and cutting the exhaust.
before any modification,it is important that you get a proper set of tires.alloys is not important ,but its the the tires taht is.
and u can safely put a k&n stock replacement filter without any mods.that i think is more than enough .and as your car gets older maybe you can think of other mods.
Old 1st April 2005, 18:37   #8
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Just change your tyres, upgrade the headlamps & install a nice music system...Pioneer 5650 with Pioneer 6990 speakers. Perfomance exhaust can come later once the warranty expires.
Old 1st April 2005, 19:50   #9
BHPian

Quote:
will the air filters and exhaust have any effect on the F.E.?where can i get these and how much will it cost me(installation + parts)

Well, if driven properly it can marginally boost your FE, but then if the exhaust work if badly done then it may hamper your cars performance and FE. Do one thing forget about the exhaust since ur car will be under warrenty & Plus its a not so advisable thing on a new car which ur dad will be driving, just put a stock replacement K&N Filter in your car. It will give u enough boost of power at about Rs. 3200/- with fitting
Old 2nd April 2005, 10:41   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigarmuni
Well, if driven properly it can marginally boost your FE, but then if the exhaust work if badly done then it may hamper your cars performance and FE. Do one thing forget about the exhaust since ur car will be under warrenty & Plus its a not so advisable thing on a new car which ur dad will be driving, just put a stock replacement K&N Filter in your car. It will give u enough boost of power at about Rs. 3200/- with fitting
hey guys thanks so much for your replies,does the filter hamper with the warranty?i stay in worli so any idea who can get this job done well close by?also better tyres someone said...can you please be more specific......thanks alot
Old 2nd April 2005, 12:29   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
does the filter hamper with the warranty?
Yes. It'll be an excuse for the dealer to tell you that you're not going to get a good FE. Your local dealer may say something else but that was the answer I got then. However, my car has completed I year and I'm going for it regardless.
Old 2nd April 2005, 12:34   #12

Optra Is A Great Car And There Are Host Of Accessories Avaialable Both Utility And Functional.

Go For The Oe Aloywheels Since They Are Good Quality And Also Come With Standard Size.

Music System Go For A Blaupunkt But Whats The Budget Buddy

Security System Is Also Available As A Genuine Acc, Dont Get The Wires Tampered From Outside
Old 2nd April 2005, 12:37   #13

Would Recommend That Before Changing The Bulb Specs Check The Wire And The Couplers Since At Times Higher Watt Rating Bulbs Melts The Wire And Causes Short Circuit.

Regarding Exhaust And Filter Dont Go For Any Mod Right Now, Enjoy The Car Original For Sometime

Note - Please use the "edit" function to add text to your previous reply if it is within 20minutes of your earlier post.

Last edited by Rehaan : 2nd April 2005 at 12:48.
Old 3rd April 2005, 23:47   #14
Senior - BHPian

Also , ask the dealer to do free Body coloured door handles , mirrors and side strip
Also try to get fog lamps.
Old 9th November 2009, 14:43   #15
BHPian

Optra 2009 Mods

Trying to revive an old thread here. I am planning to upgrade to Optra magnum LT.
I see that the headlamp ought to be replaced some TBhpians are suggesting 100/90 phillips.
Please shed some light on buld upgrade and how is the experience with new headlamps. Also are there any other modifications that needs to be done?
I am getting the basic accessories with Teflon coating and Parking sensors from the showroom.
Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks