Team-BHP - Palio Diesel Performance
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Palio Diesel Performance (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/4826-palio-diesel-performance.html)

I have a Palio diesel. What can i do to increase the performance of the car without the milage going down....

Can I get a free flow exhaust or K&N filter in Hyderabad and how much will it cost me?? Will it effect the milage of the car??

Thanks...

Thread moved to Modifications and accessories

diesel, eh? hmmmm.......not very ideal way to start in the first place.....would have been better if it had been a crdi or sumthin.......

So is there no way to increase the performance of Diesel cars?? I can see K&N filters available for Palio 1.9D on K&N site...

well, yes, you can increase the performance of your car, but finding a proper tuner who can do these mods might be difficult;
for starters, a free flow exhaust in a diesel doesn't have the same effect as that in a petrol car-the exhaust flow streams and designs are different...
try fitting the turbocharger and the intercooler (available in a few weeks' time) from the tata indigo. this alone should boost you power to about 70-72 bhp from the existing 62. some modifications in the head and valves may be necessary, as the palio diesel, in it's stock form, runs a high compression ratio of 22.5:1; the ratio might have to be reduced, but try fitting the turbo first, and if it causes knocking, shows signs of detonation, overheating etc, then go for the head mods;viz; you could do the head mods alongside, if you find a knowledgeable mechanic who can do these mods.
go for the K&N filter first, and see if you need to do the abovesaid!!!

ciao

Hey Rodeo. Where are you placed in Hyd. I am also from Hyd and I too own Palio 1.9D

free flow exhaust on ur palio diesel wont be a good idea ,due to lacking back pressure ...
like veyron said ..start with the air induction .. make sure u install it properly ..and dont go for universal filters...
u can look for a 1.9TDI octavia turbo aswell..

cheers

Dont want to take a risk by modifying the head... Not looking for a big jump in performance... Would be happy if the power increases to 70bhp...

What will be performance gain if I go for K&N performance filter??

Hey Staish I live in Ameerpet...

Thanks so much for your inputs

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodeo
Dont want to take a risk by modifying the head... Not looking for a big jump in performance... Would be happy if the power increases to 70bhp...

What will be performance gain if I go for K&N performance filter??

Hey Staish I live in Ameerpet...

Thanks so much for your inputs

easier said than done,mate!! you can't get that sort of power from a diesel without a few mods. fitting a free flow exhaust/intake might have done the job for a petrol, but in case of a petrol, only the bhp increases, the torque pretty much remains the same; whereas if you do the said mods on your diesel, the torque will increase significantly alongwith the power too!!

if you go for a complete K&N kit, along with the manifold, you should see a raise in the output of about 5-10%, depending upon different factors.

but this increase won't be significant; that is, you won't be able to notice the difference in city driving-only when you rev the pants off the car on empty roads or highways, will you notice the enhancements. after the k&n mods, your F.E will increase slightly, under normal driving- and so will your top speed on the highway-you should see the northern hemisphere of 165 kmph+, if you can.

ovreall, the free flow filters will help in better engine breathing, and thus, will help in getting better overall efficiency from the engine.

Hey guys,
Aren't there any chips available for the palio ?

I dont mind going for a turbo charger but as veyron1 said i might hv to modify the head also... Then my concern would be that the modified head should match the built in ECU....
And if something goes wrong there then i am in serious trouble....

I remember taking my car for a jerk problem( jerked when the car was at constant speed) and the entire engine was diagnosed with a computer attached... Which started the car, increased the RPM to check various parameters.. I dont know if its advisable to do all these modifications in such cars...

Thanks...

hey rodeo
me too a fellow hydian
how abt a proper intro?like what u doin,hobbies,etc

yeah lambo, performance chips are available for the palio, albeit for the 1.6 gtx, and that too if you can search around exhaustively; they aren't available for the diesel, though.

but rodeo, if you can spend a li'l moolah, i suggest you find someone who can source the parts from outside india- the 1.9 IDI for the palio and petra is also available in turbocharged form in the markets abroad. i think that the variants have been stopped now, but the parts will be available, and all the stuff is bolt-on.

but for now, get the k&n air induction kit; then think of the rest;

ciao.

Guyz, I have been going through various posts on mods on the Palio D.

Is the K&N filter gonna make a decent improvement in the performance and FE for the palio?

Where can I get one in Kochi/Trivandrum? What is the part number for it and how much would the filter and installation cost me?

[quote=veyron1] in case of a petrol, only the bhp increases, the torque pretty much remains the same; whereas if you do the said mods on your diesel, the torque will increase significantly alongwith the power too!!

Hi Veyron1,

can you elaborate on that please?