Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2008, 21:56   #1

Maruti 800 modification

hello respected member,

what modification can be done in
1. engine of Maruti 800
2. silencer of maruti 800
3. where to get parts for modification u r suggesting
4. and what else can be done in an maruti 800 ...

so that its power and sound become awesome without damaging engine ..

tonnes of thanks
Old 8th November 2008, 22:51   #2
BHPian

Really wont recommend much on the engine work,the money spend does not give effective real term gains as per my experience.

An exhaust system is good enough,get header+straight pipe+ end can.

If its an old model 800 get a brake booster fitted really really helps in braking.
Old 9th November 2008, 02:07   #3
Senior - BHPian

@testman:

1. Porting & Polishing.
2. Freeflow exhaust.
3. Your tuner will get the parts for you.
4. Engine swap, turbo, ICE, alloy wheels & rubber.....etc.

Old 10th November 2008, 12:05   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
Really wont recommend much on the engine work,the money spend does not give effective real term gains as per my experience.

An exhaust system is good enough,get header+straight pipe+ end can.

If its an old model 800 get a brake booster fitted really really helps in braking.
Can't agree more. With the capacity of the engine, its not advisable to spend on the engine. Booster is an utmost need for old vehicles. Apart from the very few performance mods, the cosmetics can be given some attention: wooden steering wheel + gear lever knob, dashboard, upholestry etc etc..
Old 10th November 2008, 12:31   #5
BHPian

Hi Testman,

Welcome to the forum.

I have done some cosmetic work on my 800 (1998 Carb) as a part of the restoration job and on the performance part of it included a K&N replacement filter. The Air filter casing is cut with only the Top plate, bottom plate and Clamp area being covered to offer to the filter almost a 360 degree intake capability.

I am due for a free flow Exhaust either custom made or automech. I have earlier been advised by the gurus here that the 800 can only take a certain amount of mods based on the relatively small engine. I am also to paint my wheels Matt Black with a crome lip as i cannot currently afford Alloys !

Incidentally, is it a MPFI or a Carb model ? I have my car pics in my garage, please feel free to use any ideas that may suit you.

Best Regards,

Srinivas
Old 11th November 2008, 15:24   #6
BHPian

The easiest and the quickest would be to face the head by 0.5 mm ,for power and mileage.Done on lots of engines.
cheers
Old 29th December 2008, 22:02   #7
BHPian

My uncle has a 10 year old 5 Speed Maruthi 800 MPFI (was sold for a limited time and withdrawn when it started cannibalizing Alto's sales).

he is not interested in selling it but would love to modify it suitably. I have suggested wider tyres and alloys for start.

please give any other suggestions...keep in mind he is almost 50 years old

would performance exhausts improve torque without affecting mileage by much.
Old 29th December 2008, 23:02   #8
BHPian

hmm... blowthrough IHI RHB 31 with a smallish intercooler ?
Old 29th December 2008, 23:07   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
would performance exhausts improve torque without affecting mileage by much.
sorry, i meant "performance filters" like green filter.

@techn0l0gist: please explain (in english!)what it does and how much it would cost...
Old 29th December 2008, 23:21   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
sorry, i meant "performance filters" like green filter.

@techn0l0gist: please explain (in english!)what it does and how much it would cost...
I was just suggesting a smallish turbo charger that goes by the name IHI-RHB31 - would make a rocking m800 !

About cost - dunno mate - would be quite a lot ! About the performance filters - i'm not sure how much difference they would make on a stock m800, personally I've not found any difference on the 800 with any after-market filter (guys don't kill me for this - i'm just giving my opinion on what I felt with my "bum dynamometer")

Exhaust on a 800 would go a little way to improve performance, a polish + port job would help too.

cheers,

Amit
Old 29th December 2008, 23:41   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techn0l0gist View Post
I was just suggesting a smallish turbo charger that goes by the name IHI-RHB31 - would make a rocking m800 !

About cost - dunno mate - would be quite a lot ! About the performance filters - i'm not sure how much difference they would make on a stock m800, personally I've not found any difference on the 800 with any after-market filter (guys don't kill me for this - i'm just giving my opinion on what I felt with my "bum dynamometer")

Exhaust on a 800 would go a little way to improve performance, a polish + port job would help too.

cheers,

Amit
How do you source this turbo?

There is no noticeable difference in an 800 after the airfilter.But there is no down side to get it as well.

A K&N typhoon kit offers 6-7bhp gain on a 1800 cc Civic.
What do you expect of the 800cc now? .
Old 29th December 2008, 23:47   #12

Modding a M800!! Simple! Just remove the Cat Con, Put a straight through pipe with an Intermediate FreeFlow Muffler. There is no place for an End Can in a Maruti 800. And of course, Do the Headers.
Old 30th December 2008, 00:02   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
There is no place for an End Can in a Maruti 800.
Who says?,You get small endcan's.They can fit any 800,Santro's,Zen's with ease
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti 800 modification-end-can.jpg  

Old 13th February 2009, 16:44   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandisa View Post
Can't agree more. With the capacity of the engine, its not advisable to spend on the engine. Booster is an utmost need for old vehicles. Apart from the very few performance mods, the cosmetics can be given some attention: wooden steering wheel + gear lever knob, dashboard, upholestry etc etc..
Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post

An exhaust system is good enough, get header+straight pipe+ end can.

Hi Guys,

I own a Maruti 800 1996 model and its under overhauling with a local mechanic in Chandigarh. After going through your suggestions of installing a Brake Booster in older versions of the car, I checked with my mechanic if he could install one for me. He outrightly refused to do so and said that it was unsafe as some compression from the engine has to be brought into the brakes through a pipe / hose. I checked the same from a couple of mechanics in this market and each of them refused.

1. Is it really unsafe to get this procedure done on old models?
2. If anyone knows a mechanic who can do this job for me in Chandigarh/Panchkula/Mohali, please let me know.

Thanking in anticipation
Old 13th February 2009, 18:52   #15
BHPian

I have it running on my 95' M800.Working like a charm,Even the 800cc alto's have company fitted booster's.Whats unsafe about it?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks