Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2008, 17:55   #1

Zen DI Automatic

Hi,
I'm planning to fit an automatic box to my Zen-Di. Any advice/experience?
Thanks,
Prasanth
Old 26th November 2008, 11:50   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

You'd be hard-pressed to find an autobox that will mate with the Peugeot TUD5. And then, there is all the hassle of fitment etc. Remember that it wasn't easy for Maruti to shoe-horn that engine in the first place.

I would highly recommend you to stick with the manual. I presume your car has lived a couple of years and many kms already. At this point, your focus should be on reliability.
Old 26th November 2008, 12:09   #3
BHPian

500 000 kms ..yeah you read that right
thats the engine life or the kms for which that engine will last before it needs a reboring!

but god save you be carefull with that diesel pump. Bosch one is relatively cheap 55k rs!! the TVS lucas Variant will cost you 60k rs!!

but truth it the first servicing or recalibration should be done at 100k miles for that Bosch pump. do it at 130k kms since this is india!

and yes she should be ok for another 130k kms.

the recalibration costs you like 6-7k rs! worth it. the car will be butter smooth after that..
Old 26th November 2008, 17:29   #4

I already have a spare auto-box from a petrol Zen. My concern is whether it will work well with the TUD5.
My car has done only 45K kms till now. This is 2002 car. This is not gonna be my daily drive. I have a few jeeps including an Armada with a 2.5l Isuzu 4JA1 engine which is my daily drive.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks