Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2008, 23:43   #1
BHPian

Complete Makeover for 2001 Opel Corsa

Hello everyone,
This is my first thread so please ignore any mistakes that i may make.
Coming to the topic i have a 2001 Opel Corsa which has done only 49000 km. Recently i was looking for a new car in 5-6L bracket ane zeroed in on the New Ford Ikon Tdci.But on second thoughts i realised if ford can give a makeover to their decade old design and draw applaudes then even i can.Hence this post.

To start with i would like to give a complete makeover to my car exterior/interior and minor tuning to make it look and sound even better than new.My budget would be around 2L.I would like completely new exteriors,new interiors(dashboard,lighting et all),alloys and a decent not too expensive ICE setup.

My requirement would be to not make it look sporty but luxurious.One major cause of concern is that the car is a petrol guzzler(gives only 7 to 7.5/L) and i would like to improve the consumption to atleast 10km/L.
Kindly sugest me some good people who can hear me out patiently and do the work as per my requirements.

You are all welcome to post suggestions and please help me out regarding this.

GOD BLESS
Old 30th November 2008, 13:38   #2
BHPian

Some suggestions for the front treatment.
Attached Thumbnails
Complete Makeover for 2001 Opel Corsa-1194806775_1.jpg  

Complete Makeover for 2001 Opel Corsa-2008601699a8285142941l.jpg  

Complete Makeover for 2001 Opel Corsa-autodeltaalfaromeo2.jpg  

Complete Makeover for 2001 Opel Corsa-phoenix_sut.jpg  

Complete Makeover for 2001 Opel Corsa-roewew2concept.jpg  

Complete Makeover for 2001 Opel Corsa-s1iz2v.jpg  

Complete Makeover for 2001 Opel Corsa-salonautomovil2003opelcorsatunningforntalcopy.jpg  

Old 30th November 2008, 13:43   #3
BHPian

Some ideas for rear design
Attached Thumbnails
Complete Makeover for 2001 Opel Corsa-autodeltaalfaromeo3.jpg  

Complete Makeover for 2001 Opel Corsa-autodeltagtsuperevo2.jpg  

Complete Makeover for 2001 Opel Corsa-mz_07mazda3_rear.jpg  

Complete Makeover for 2001 Opel Corsa-rolls_royce_phantom_23_200414.jpg  

Old 30th November 2008, 23:58   #4
BHPian

C'mon guys waiting for inputs!!!
Old 1st December 2008, 00:14   #5
BHPian

Is your decision to spend 2l on refurbishing the corsa final?

How much longer do you intend to keep it for?

If not, then i suggest you reconsider it and look at some other options
primarily because the money you spend on the car would not add any value to the car when you go to sell it.

Also improving the mileage to 10kmpl may not be impossible but is not going to be easy either.
Old 1st December 2008, 00:19   #6

Umm, So you want the back of your Corsa to look like a Rolls, Buddy, lwt me convince you, the car will look horendous with stuff like that..Let me do a bit of photoshop to give you some better ideas...

Could you post some good pics of your car please.
I need:
A Front view
A Back View
A Side View
A 3/4th angle view

Last edited by Cyrus43 : 1st December 2008 at 00:24.
Old 1st December 2008, 00:27   #7
Senior - BHPian

common, nobody wants an opel to look like a rr or that ugly pickup.
@ ntranced, check these links, i think modifying the car by keeping the original look will be much better.

Pictures of modified vauxhall and opel corsas

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/132944.jpg

Last edited by amit V8 : 1st December 2008 at 00:30.
Old 1st December 2008, 00:28   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Umm, So you want the back of your Corsa to look like a Rolls, Buddy, lwt me convince you, the car will look horendous with stuff like that..Let me do a bit of photoshop to give you some better ideas...
Thanx buddy will do that tommorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit V8 View Post
common guys nobody wants a opel to look like a rr or that ugly pickup.
@ ntranced, check these links, i think modifying the car by keeping the original look will be much better.
Those are just ideas even i dont want to be badged a wannabe fake star. Yes i would like to keep the original look just so that its identifiable as the original vehicle but to any passerby it should look like a new model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishg View Post
Is your decision to spend 2l on refurbishing the corsa final?

How much longer do you intend to keep it for?
2L is obviously on the higher side, but, if at all I get it done, I plan to keep it for another 4-5 years, as I wont use it daily then because I have a 2005 santro and 2004 NHC doing the duty already.

Appreciate the links but as already stated i don't want it to look sportier, but, elegant like the 2 blue opels in the second post

Last edited by Aditya : 1st December 2008 at 00:47.
Old 1st December 2008, 00:48   #9
Senior - BHPian

Dude, unless u are sentimentally attached to the car or something,my suggestion would be to sell the car and get a new one. Spending 2Lac on a car thats barely worth a lac in the market is plain foolishness.
Old 1st December 2008, 00:54   #10
BHPian

Thats the point man, its only worth a lakh in the market but still has a lot left in it. It has done only 49000 km and i have never ever needed any major repair works.No sentiments at all just that i wanna see if at all is it possible. Need some photoshop gurus here!!
Old 1st December 2008, 10:59   #11
BHPian

ntranced-now that you have decided to keep it and mod job it even with a suggestion by one of the bhp member to sell your,please make sure you dont lose the identity of the vehicle by using parts of other vehicles on it,you know where it would end up[theres a thread called "weird and whacky bin"[lol].what i would suggest is,jus put a good set of mag wheels,leather seats,mesh job for the grill,and a very good ice. this all you need to spruce up your car and it will look great,dude keep it elegant and classy, dont overdo it.for photoshoppin,babdboyscad is the best i have seen, he can really help you.
Old 1st December 2008, 13:10   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desigNation View Post
ntranced-now that you have decided to keep it and mod job it even with a suggestion by one of the bhp member to sell your,please make sure you dont lose the identity of the vehicle by using parts of other vehicles on it,you know where it would end up[theres a thread called "weird and whacky bin"[lol].what i would suggest is,jus put a good set of mag wheels,leather seats,mesh job for the grill,and a very good ice. this all you need to spruce up your car and it will look great,dude keep it elegant and classy, dont overdo it.for photoshoppin,babdboyscad is the best i have seen, he can really help you.
Thanks all for your valuable suggestions. On second thoughts i have decided to sell it off and wait for linea. Afterall an old car can never give you a feeling of new car. Thanks everyone.

Moderators please close this thread.

GOD BLESS!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks