Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2008, 23:05   #16
Senior - BHPian

Even if you can do this, LEDs aren't good enough for a long throw of the beam, as Dadu says here. I mean, it will not improve your headlight in any way. If you want to do this just for the heck of it, I would suggest do a fog lamp kind of thing. Don't replace your head lamp with LED, for God's sake.
Old 30th November 2008, 23:47   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team View Post
Even if you can do this, LEDs aren't good enough for a long throw of the beam, as Dadu says here. I mean, it will not improve your headlight in any way. If you want to do this just for the heck of it, I would suggest do a fog lamp kind of thing. Don't replace your head lamp with LED, for God's sake.
LEDs light beam can be focused to much as normal light beam. only thing is that the number of LEDs have to be calculated according to the lms they produce and what power consumption your looking at .
I have seen a 35 watt LED lamp with throw of 180 ft.
Old 1st December 2008, 00:55   #18
Senior - BHPian

lets start off with a tail light project first huh? since ive blacked out mine id like to start off on bhangaar. willing to start in a couple of days.
Old 8th December 2010, 14:56   #19

Re: Experiment! Replacing conventional headlights bulbs with LEDS!

led saves power and also their response time is very fast ie. the moment you apply the brake the light switches on. that's the prime reason why they were used in tail lamp setup.
they generate a lot of glare to oncoming vehicles unless you diffuse it with proper lenses it is not advisable to use them.
I am using in my cycle with a luxeon 1 watt LED with lens strapped with velcro it gives good light

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks