Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2008, 17:13   #1
BHPian

Need Info on wiper blades for Verna.

Any idea what is the OEM size of the wipers for verna?
Need to replace the current ones as they have started sqeaking.
Also, should i go for syndicate or bosch?
Need info on twinblade wipers.
Dealers in delhi/ncr?
Thnx in advance.

Regards,
live2drive
Old 5th December 2008, 17:18   #2
Senior - BHPian

Just take a measuring tape and measure them. That is all there is to it. The twin blade ones will cause scratch marks on your windshield. Dont go in for them.
Old 5th December 2008, 17:21   #3
Senior - BHPian

i changed to BOSCH a couple of month back and they have been giving me good results since then . I do not remember the size of the blades but i remember they cost me in the neighbourhood of about rs 400.

Somehow i have had bad experiences with Syndicate IMHO you should stick to BOSCH
Old 5th December 2008, 17:31   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
Somehow i have had bad experiences with Syndicate IMHO you should stick to BOSCH
My Viva ran 33K kms with Syndicate and i changed them couple of weeks back with again Syndicate. Cost was approximately 400 bucks
Old 5th December 2008, 18:17   #5
BHPian

Thnx guys. Will go and purchase the bosch blades and give the necessary update.
Old 5th December 2008, 18:27   #6
BHPian

yes thats the best thing dont think of putting in the OEM ones. they cost a freaking 1450 rs!! i did it. my dad doesnt allow anything outside of the MGF showroom

but yes they are good. none the less.

but lets be practical go for bosch ones i can vouch for them there is a better grade for 900something from Bosch itself. they are also top notch but will show their prowess in extreme conditions only.

and yes for those who want blaukpunkt anything CAR systems i meant can approach me in CBE. any bosch employ gets 18% discount for navigation systems and a cool 15% discount for car audio stuff. we will see what can be done.Bosch power tools and pressure jets also we get cool discounts. keep it a secret ok. haha lolz.

Last edited by sameel : 5th December 2008 at 18:29.
Old 5th December 2008, 18:32   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameel View Post
yes thats the best thing dont think of putting in the OEM ones. they cost a freaking 1450 rs!! i did it. my dad doesnt allow anything outside of the MGF showroom

but yes they are good. none the less.

but lets be practical go for bosch ones i can vouch for them there is a better grade for 900something from Bosch itself. they are also top notch but will show their prowess in extreme conditions only.

and yes for those who want blaukpunkt anything CAR systems i meant can approach me in CBE. any bosch employ gets 18% discount for navigation systems and a cool 15% discount for car audio stuff. we will see what can be done.Bosch power tools and pressure jets also we get cool discounts. keep it a secret ok. haha lolz.
Exactly, the A.S.S. sells the wiper blades for 1000+, those crappy ones.
Old 5th December 2008, 18:35   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameel View Post

Actually my service advisor at Hyundai A.S.S told me about the rs 900 Bosch wipers but i could not source them , he even advised me against the OEM ones hehehe...

So now i know whom i can contact if i wanna buy some BOSCH stuff ! i had a couple of friends but one of them got flown to Japan and another one to germany for the next three years , both were in QA.
Old 6th December 2008, 10:20   #9
BHPian

Go to the Bosch India website. They have a chart somewhere with the various wiper replacements for various Indian cars. I used that to replace my Baleno blades. The Bosch replacements are super silent, and very, very effective. If I remember rightly they cost me around 350/- for the pair, whilst I paid over 700/- for my Hyundai OEM last year for the Getz !
The part number for your Verna is 3 397 010 055.
Bosch is really worth it.

Last edited by filcord : 6th December 2008 at 10:39.
Old 6th December 2008, 11:19   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
Go to the Bosch India website. They have a chart somewhere with the various wiper replacements for various Indian cars. I used that to replace my Baleno blades. The Bosch replacements are super silent, and very, very effective. If I remember rightly they cost me around 350/- for the pair, whilst I paid over 700/- for my Hyundai OEM last year for the Getz !
The part number for your Verna is 3 397 010 055.
Bosch is really worth it.
Thanks for the info.
I'll surely have a look at the website.
Old 6th December 2008, 11:21   #11
BHPian

sorry for multiple posts. I could not find the file giving the various wiper sizes, and I knew I had it somewhere, then the period to edit my last post expired..
Anyway, here it is, all the various replacement blade sizes.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 395_wiper Blade leaflet_final.pdf (218.4 KB, 2057 views)
Old 6th December 2008, 11:53   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
sorry for multiple posts. I could not find the file giving the various wiper sizes, and I knew I had it somewhere, then the period to edit my last post expired..
This file is very much useful to everyone. Thank you for the same.
Old 6th December 2008, 16:41   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Thanx a lot buddy. Pdf is quite useful.
Old 17th December 2008, 11:50   #14
BHPian

Thanks for the info guys, just called the Delhi number from the PDF file, they gave me the address of the dealer in Karol Bagh.

The person also said that their blades are made with such a technology that even of they are used without water, they will not hard the windscreen. They have reverse action.
Old 17th December 2008, 12:36   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashank.A View Post
Thanks for the info guys, just called the Delhi number from the PDF file, they gave me the address of the dealer in Karol Bagh.

The person also said that their blades are made with such a technology that even of they are used without water, they will not hard the windscreen. They have reverse action.
Without Water - was a new information for me. Nice to know that. Thank you for sharing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks