Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2008, 20:10   #1
BHPian

Rear Wiper for Swift VDi

I wanted to fix the rear wiper (with / without wash function) to the Swift VDi. I know that one would have to change the rear windshield and add a wiper motor , blade along with the wiring and switch kit from the Swift ZXi. I checked it with RNS Motors, Hosur road, Bangalore who quoted about Rs. 8000=00 for the entire job, but they were apprehensive about the mod idea. Has anybody in the forum tried / done the above mod ? Comments ...

-Harshavardhan
Old 7th December 2008, 20:24   #2
BHPian

When i owned a Getz previously i was keen to fit the rear Wash/wiper but then when i spoke to the Hyundai service guys they said they have to fit the new rear glass, wiper arm, wiper motor, wireing and the switch stalk on the steering also a spray can with tupe/pipe all this was costing abt 20k so dropped the idea.

Ps. i feel all hatchbacks should have the rear wash/wipe its a must in rains when all the mud and slush covers the rear glass. If Maruti has quoted 8k its well worth it but see its done in a proff way and no leaks etc happens.
Old 8th December 2008, 02:28   #3
BHPian

@ harshavardhan : i know it will add to the cost but if you are changing the rear glass then you can get a glass with defogger. it will be of great use during rains and winters.
Old 8th December 2008, 10:07   #4
BHPian

The rear glass which has the rear wiper hole in it comes with a Defogger by default as this is on the Swift Zxi which has the rear wash/wipe and defogger.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks