Team-BHP - Front windscreen sunfilm?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Front windscreen sunfilm? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/5142-front-windscreen-sunfilm-99.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by abishek2222 (Post 2328577)
Can any one comment if removing the door pads and fixing the suncontrol film is of any use versus installing film without removing the door panels?

Actually depends on the installer and the vehicle. The same guy installed film on my colleague's i10 and also on my Figo. The former was done without removing the doorpads, but he said the rubber beeding in the Figo was too tight for the Squeegee to go in between, hence removed the doorpads during the install. Basically with the doorpads removed, you get a bit more length of film going underneath the beeding line, and ideally should be less susceptible to wear and tear at the edges during the glass slides

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayded (Post 2328771)
Actually depends on the installer and the vehicle. The same guy installed film on my colleague's i10 and also on my Figo. The former was done without removing the doorpads, but he said the rubber beeding in the Figo was too tight for the Squeegee to go in between, hence removed the doorpads during the install. Basically with the doorpads removed, you get a bit more length of film going underneath the beeding line, and ideally should be less susceptible to wear and tear at the edges during the glass slides

i have been quoted 26,000 for four windows and rear for my bmw X1 for which i am yet to take delivery.at Bmw kun chennai they only use 3m and the reason for quoting the absurdly high price was they will remove the door pad and after refixing the door pads the onboard computer has to be reset or else the car will show an error if the doorpads are opened up a non bmw installer.the other option given was to get it done outside wiithout removing the door pads

Quote:

Originally Posted by jagrocks7 (Post 2323310)
Which place did you get it installed from?

I hope you got the details from xryder. Mention our names and you should get a good discount.

Guys, it is better to get this particular (windshield) sunfilm installed through your A.S.S than from an outside shop. If something goes wrong it may be very expensive as warranty can be voided. Have a look at this thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...d-sunfilm.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by abishek2222 (Post 2328822)
i have been quoted 26,000 for four windows and rear for my bmw X1 for which i am yet to take delivery.at Bmw kun chennai they only use 3m and the reason for quoting the absurdly high price was they will remove the door pad and after refixing the door pads the onboard computer has to be reset or else the car will show an error if the doorpads are opened up a non bmw installer.the other option given was to get it done outside wiithout removing the door pads

Absolute nonsense. There is nothing like that, but talk about creative reasons to rip people off.:uncontrol

Please get it done from some reputed installer outside. 3M CR series including the windsheild will cost 15k max. Infact So will the economy range of Vkool with a higher range film for the windscreen.

Also it depends from car to car whether the doorpads need to be removed.

Hey Guys,
I have installed the LLumar AIR75 on the front windscreen of my palio. During day time there is no issue but at night, the far away lights become distorted and as the get closer, it clears. Also even with the front windshield film, the car does heat up when in the sun.
Is it a problem with the windscreen or the installation?
99 pages are too long to read so did not read all but GTOs post in the first few pages did mention about blurred vision. So please let me know if this is a known problem with front w/s.

Regards,
Kaustubh

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaustubh_vaze (Post 2332457)
Hey Guys,
I have installed the LLumar AIR75 on the front windscreen of my palio. During day time there is no issue but at night, the far away lights become distorted and as the get closer, it clears. Also even with the front windshield film, the car does heat up when in the sun.
Is it a problem with the windscreen or the installation?
99 pages are too long to read so did not read all but GTOs post in the first few pages did mention about blurred vision. So please let me know if this is a known problem with front w/s.

Regards,
Kaustubh

I havent faced any problems till now. The side films do cause visibility drop but the windshield film is causing no harm. Also, the vision is perfect.
Please see the video of my car with the windshield films.A double treat video.

YouTube - Porsche Spotted - Cochin

The outside view as attached in the pics:

I am planning to install a front windshield film, already done the sides and back. I want to put a darker tint stip on the top 4-5" and then 70% on the rest. Would you guys recommend doing this ? If yes then which of the following methods would you guys advise me to follow.

1] Edge of 70% starting from edge of dark tint
2] 70% applied first on full glass then dark strip stuck on top of it
3] Dark tint strip put first then 70% applied on top of it covering full glass

Thanks in advance !

Why not just get 70% film installed first and then if you are unhappy with it get a strip of darker film installed on top. What say?

That is actually a good idea. Thanks again Akshay. I just wanted to get the darker strip to prevent that noon/late morning glare that blinds me and also heats up the console/steering when the car is parked. I havent done this on any of my cars ever so I just wanted to know the best way to go about it.

Hi Guys,
For my TATA Indigo Manza, I intend to install Garware Sun Control Film.
Planning to go for the Ice Cool Grand(ICG) for the sides & rear(with 70% HR) and Ice Cool Shield(ICS); (50%HR,70%VLT) for the front windshield.
The approximate price quoted by dealer is Rs.7500/-(for ICG) & Rs2850/-(for ICS).
1. Is the price reasonable?
2.Anyone can post the pictures with the above film installed & give the feedback on the effectiveness.
3.How to check the authenticity of the film. Any logo engraved / printed on the film.
Plans to install at Sun Enterprise Coimbatore.
Appreciate feedback on the above...thanks in adavance

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velmurugan (Post 2352809)
Hi Guys,
For my TATA Indigo Manza, I intend to install Garware Sun Control Film.
Planning to go for the Ice Cool Grand(ICG) for the sides & rear(with 70% HR) and Ice Cool Shield(ICS); (50%HR,70%VLT) for the front windshield.
The approximate price quoted by dealer is Rs.7500/-(for ICG) & Rs2850/-(for ICS).

Since you are paying that much, why not just get something like a 3M RE35/50 for about 4.5k and CR70(windscreen) for about 6k.

I understand what you are saying, as the price difference between Garware & 3M is few hundreds only.
I did see the specification of the 3M film recommended by you.
RE35 - HR56%,VLT37%,UV99%
RE50-HR43%,VLT51%,UV99%
CR70 -HR50%,VLT70%.

Garware
IceCoolGrand - HR70%, VLT40%,UV99%
IceCool Shield -HR50%, VLT70%

On comparing I find the HR is better (atleast onthe spec sheet) & secondly I wanted to patronise Indian product. Although here in ME I have installed V-Kool.
I wanted some feedback from the users of Garware on its effectiveness, quality, durability.
Since Garware have their own plant in India, with R&D, I was hoping they must be having certain standards for atleast top of the range series.
Secondly, I am just worried on the duplicate stuff. I dont want to get cheated by getting installed fake Garware film at the original genuine price.How to ensure the authenticity?
Please advices & help....thanks in adavance

If you guys wan't a good front sunfilm, i would recommend johnson window film INsulatir IR 50 / IR 70. I installed it at the front as well as on the sides.

Night driving is not a problem at all as the film clears up and becomes 99% transparent at night.

Here are the stats for IR 50

Name Color, VLT, TSER, Reflectance, Solar absorbtion, Glare reduction, IR Reduction
IR 50 natural, 50%, 49%, 12%, 51%, 45%, 70%

http://www.johnsonwindowfilms.com/IR.php#

If you see the 3M site again. They don't give heat rejection, but they give total solar energy rejected which is 56% in the case of RE35. I just checked the Garware site for Icecool 40 and the total solar energy selected is 55%. So yes it seems as good as 3M, with 10% more visibility from outside but again quite a bit more expensive. Heat rejection in both would be about the same.