Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2005, 14:25   #1

FIPK or just a universal air filter?

hey guys need a little help.

i was wondering whether to go for a k&n universal air filter or a complete k&n FIPK kit for my new accent(crdi). 1)what i want to know is what kind of perfomance bosst would they give to my car. 2) whether it will lead to any change in fule efficency. 3) how much will it cost me.

though i am pretty sure about having one of these , what i don't know is whether the FIPK kit will give me the same value for money as the universal air filter.
Old 20th April 2005, 19:54   #2
BHPian

hey buddy i'm a stockist for K&N filter's and other performance parts here in bombay...if you said CRDI u meant diesel right? so then there's no way you are going to fit a universal type filter in it..for that reason not even an FIPK kit...because the air intake ratio of the diesel engine's is very high...so then the filter makes an insanely roaring sound like that of a truck i dont think you'll be able to drive with it...well even if you can bear the sound the filter will give up in sometime due to high intake it may tend to bend or get damaged...so well a box replcement filter is the way to go...if you still do need a K&N filter whether a box replacement or a universal or an FIPK kit...just pm me...cheers...!!
Old 20th April 2005, 22:03   #3

thanks mate, wasn't aware of this...
Old 21st April 2005, 03:50   #4
BHPian

hey buddy it's not a porblem...anyways you can pm me if you need any other info...cheers...!!
Old 21st April 2005, 11:25   #5
BANNED

dragger, I have a K&N filter in my palio 1.6 but I dunno if the dealer here in dli gave me the right model !! Just wanna re check if I have the right one fitted ... how can i check that ?? Also is it advised to re set the ECU once u install a filter and wat is teh exact procedure for doing that ?? wud u recomend a FIPK for me ?

cheers
Old 21st April 2005, 12:37   #6
BHPian

hey buddy i just got your pm...well when you say right filter what exactly do you mean...first let me know whether you have a box replacement K&N filter or a universal conical type filter...and yes if you have the box replacement filter i can get it checked for you right away...you'll just have to read out the code on your stock filter and i'll elt you know the replacement for it...and if it's universal then i dont think anything could be wrong...as universal the term means UNIVERSALLY applicable...so please post the required info so that i can reply back...cheers...!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks