Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2009, 23:01   #1
BHPian

Fiat Uno Front Fog Lamp.

Hey,

i have a 1997 Fiat uno and i am looking to fit the fog lamps into the front bumper. i was looking at the haynes workshop manual and realised that there is a plastic housing into where the front fog sits. this plastic housing is almost fused into the back of the front bumper.

while looking at my car i noticed that there is no plastic housing in my front bumper. while looking head on at the car, i can see the location where the front fog lamp needs to sit on the bumper. but on closer examination from behing the front bumper, there is nothing present behind the front fog lamp slot. its a void.

i want to know where i can source this plastic housing from, and uno spares are hard to find. i dont mind shipping them down to india. i was also looking for the front fog lamp itself and figured out that there is this company based in taiwan making these components called Depo.

i can source this part but i wont have a place to house it in my car.... i need help....
Old 13th January 2009, 08:52   #2
BHPian

I believe that you are talking about the 2 squares that are present at the lower part of the from bumper on either side....

Those are suppposed to be the fog lamp spots but I haven't really used them so cant say what's behind them.... I'll check and let you know....

Also, there are a lot of Unos in the UK and it will be a good idea to source parts from there. Otherwise, the South Africa has the new FIAT Uno launched this year, so easy availibility of parts there and closer to home
Old 13th January 2009, 12:25   #3
BHPian

prateek thanks for that bit of info, i have been tracking the UK spares market and south african spares websites. they all sell the lamp, but not the housing in which it sits.

if you have a copy of the haynes workshop manual for the uno you can see this clearly. if you do not and would like to procure it, mail me on sharan.ramesh@gmail.com and i will send it to your email address.

i am not sure whether the moderators will let me post a 10 mb PDF file over here.
Old 13th January 2009, 14:50   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Me thinks it will be a LOT simpler for you to source standard foglights from the after-market. In terms of availability, price, installation & repair.
Old 13th January 2009, 16:43   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharanramesh View Post
prateek thanks for that bit of info, i have been tracking the UK spares market and south african spares websites. they all sell the lamp, but not the housing in which it sits.

if you have a copy of the haynes workshop manual for the uno you can see this clearly. if you do not and would like to procure it, mail me on sharan.ramesh@gmail.com and i will send it to your email address.

i am not sure whether the moderators will let me post a 10 mb PDF file over here.
I already have the haynes manual but thanks for the offer. Will check it up and let you know. Also I agree with GTO. Nowadays parts can be fit into any vehicle with good finish as long as the shop owner is interested and 'jugaadu'.
Old 14th January 2009, 15:29   #6
BHPian

true, i can always source the aftermarket ones like hella or neolite and fix it up. but where is the fun in that, somehow i like to maintain it in its stock form that way. its also sounding like a bit of fun trying to source this and get it fixed.
Old 8th March 2009, 19:43   #7
sun
BHPian

I had fixed two fog lamps, on the space provided in the front bumper some six years back. That time I procured the oringinal fog lamps (yellow ones) directly from Fiat India. They had send the fog lamps to TVS Trivandurm (the then authorized service centre in trivandrum) and they fixed it to the bumper using a custom fabricated bracket. The fog lamps are still on my Uno and works strong, even after 6 or 7 years, I havent even changed the bulbs, but then I rarely use it.

Those days, Fiat India had a working website, that listed accessories for the Uno, I just emailed them my needs and they send the lamps the service centre.

I can get u the amount paid if you want, i will have the bills somewhere.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks