Team-BHP - SX4 chopped boot WRC style !!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   SX4 chopped boot WRC style !! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/52770-sx4-chopped-boot-wrc-style.html)

Have been thinking of the SX4 in the WRC avtaar since some time now. With a reliable turbo setup (HKS developed one) the car should be an interesting & not a very expensive daily drive.

The thought came from the Octavia Chop that Arush did & has been extensively discussed on another thread.

My concerns are about the rigidity of the monoque chasis being compromised. If one adds "adequate" reinforcements, would the car survive the possibility of a sag ??

I would look forward to hearing from fellow members, on how this may work out ?? Is it possible to make the Indian SX4 look exactly like the WRC SX4 car ?? I think it is possible. Maybe the Photoshop Gurus can help :D

Cheers

Some pictures that I found off the internet. The wheel base is the same as the Indian SX4 - so should be do-able !!

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricky_63 (Post 1153065)
I would look forward to hearing from fellow members, on how this may work out ?? Is it possible to make the Indian SX4 look exactly like the WRC SX4 car ?? I think it is possible. Maybe the Photoshop Gurus can help :D

I knew you were upto something wild thing like this:D. Let me try some chop jobs.

I think SX4 also turned into a sedan from the Hatch Version like the Swift Dzire right?

From pics I see that to turn the sedan into this version would require a great amount of engineering that would mean lots of money.
It would be better to turn the sedan itself into a WRC version instead of turning it into a hatch.

This is how the Indian sx4 may look after the wrc chop job,

Chop job with OE wrc sx4 rear windshield, spoiler, rear bumper and Indian sx4's rear lamps:
SX4 chopped boot WRC style !!-wrc-sx4-copy.jpg

Same without spoiler:
SX4 chopped boot WRC style !!-wrc-sx4-wo-spoil.jpg

Chop job without OE wrc sx4 rear windshield and spoiler:
SX4 chopped boot WRC style !!-wrc-sx4-we-oe-rrwind.jpg

Same with OE wrc spoiler:
SX4 chopped boot WRC style !!-wrc-sx4-soil.jpg

The one with the rear wind shield looks better. IMHO the tail could have been reduced a little more. It is giving it an Opel Sail look rather than a hatch. (My 2 cents)

But why not import the Hatch sold abroad and then do it up like the WRC hatch? Wouldnt that make more sense than chopping up the Indian Sx4. Plus, the international hatch comes with 4wd!
EDIT - Pics look really cool by the way!

Quote:

Originally Posted by badboyscad (Post 1153167)
This is how the Indian sx4 may look after the wrc chop job,

Chop job with OE wrc sx4 rear windshield, spoiler, rear bumper and Indian sx4's rear lamps:
Attachment 96032

Same without spoiler:
Attachment 96033

Chop job without OE wrc sx4 rear windshield and spoiler:
Attachment 96034

Same with OE wrc spoiler:
Attachment 96035

WOW! :Shockked: Amazing Job @ Badboyscad..

@badboyscad

Thanks for the brilliant job as always BBS. You are the best !! clap:

From what this tells me is that the roof would need to be extended. The rear doors would need redoing. I wonder if the rigidity of the chasis will be maintained ??

@anantnehru
Importing a car is a mega bucks business. The idea was to spend a reasonable amount & yet achieve what I was looking for. :)

Cheers

Why dont you give this pic/design to MSIL. They will sack all their vehicle designer.

Umm why? The SX4 in both versions were designed by Italdesign.

A very important need to make a SX4 look good is to lower it at least by a couple of inches to get rid of the 'up on stilts' look.

I am sorry Ricky ji, but I think you're discussing 2 very different things on this thread. Ideally, if you want to have a fruitful discussion the following two subjects should be separated. This is just my opinion.

A) The discussion on Rigidity and other technical aspects, including whether it is being correctly done (and if so, how?) in the Indian Scene. Also "viability" w.r.t the Indian SX-4. A great topic, highly relevant and something one would eagerly follow from a knowledge gaining perspective, which I believe was your original intention.

B) Photoshops. This is eye candy, making the thread longer and taking focus away from the technical aspects of the discussion. Could probably be merged with the Photoshop thread.

But it's your thread sur jee, I am just telling you the way I'd like it. Enjoy your next project ;)

That was a great photoshop job. IMHO SX4 looks much better with the height lowered.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava (Post 1153254)
A very important need to make a SX4 look good is to lower it at least by a couple of inches to get rid of the 'up on stilts' look.

I agree...some lowering springs are surely needed...also mindblowing photoshop job that...badboyscad..you my friend have some serious talent. :)