Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2009, 17:26   #1
BHPian

Civic Accessories

Accessories for the Civic E Variant..

Please suggest options and prices if possible..

1. Wheels: Std is 15"rims Convert to 16" Alloys
2. Tyres: Std is 195 R15. Can I fit 16" 205 profile?
3. Aux In: No Aux In in the E Variant. How can i get that fitted (without sacrificing Honda Warranty) ?
4. Speakers: 4 Speakers only. Can I add the 2 Tweeters as in the V variant?
5. Upholstery: Leather Seats. Suggest a Brand and cost.
6. Mirros: Std- Manual. Can i make the electrically retractable?
7. Reverse Parking: No Sensors. Which brand is good enough. Want to use the Rear view mirror as display

Last edited by Ash-NewCar : 11th February 2009 at 17:29.
Old 11th February 2009, 21:03   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash-NewCar View Post
Accessories for the Civic E Variant..

Please suggest options and prices if possible..

1. Wheels: Std is 15"rims Convert to 16" Alloys
Good 16" alloys are rare. People usually go to 17". Experiences posted by members indicate both sides of the ride quality coin.

See Alloy Wheels, Car Alloy Wheels, Automotive Alloy Wheels, Chrome Alloy Wheels India for the choices available with Sai Mag Wheels, one of the biggest alloy dealers in India.

Quote:
2. Tyres: Std is 195 R15. Can I fit 16" 205 profile?
Yes. 205/55 is a proper upsize in 16". Read up on the stickies and post a thread in the [url=http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/]Tyre & Alloy Wheel section[/quote] for actual options available in India.

Quote:
3. Aux In: No Aux In in the E Variant. How can i get that fitted (without sacrificing Honda Warranty) ?
Not so sure. The Honda 6 CD Changer HU has an AUX port at the back that is enabled in the V variant (and later on the S variant). People who have an S from the first batches could enable AUX using this port and a proper cable. However, the E has a single CD changer which may or may not have this port.

Honda Warranty depends on your rapport with the dealer. Make good friends with the SAs and you can get away with a lot of things.

Quote:
4. Speakers: 4 Speakers only. Can I add the 2 Tweeters as in the V variant?
You'll have to check if the provision is there at the front of dash, under the windscreen. If yes, it is only a matter of buying and fixing the tweeter.

Quote:
5. Upholstery: Leather Seats. Suggest a Brand and cost.
Stanley is the universally reputed brand around these parts. Cost depends on the type of leather you choose. I believe you can get Art Leather done all over for 15-20k and Nappa for 35k+.

Quote:
6. Mirros: Std- Manual. Can i make the electrically retractable?
Not without some not-so-minor mods. You need the switch gear on the driver door console to be wired in.

Quote:
7. Reverse Parking: No Sensors. Which brand is good enough. Want to use the Rear view mirror as display
Plenty of brands to choose from. The choice from the Honda showroom installed in my car is working properly. I believe the cost is some 4K odd for a four sensor, rear only, in-mirror system. Even though the car is quite massive, visibility is high thanks to the humongous glass area. You'll stop giving much attention to the parking sensors after a while. It'll become an irritant soon after. But it does help when you miss something in the mirrors.

Last edited by ImmortalZ : 11th February 2009 at 21:14.
Old 11th February 2009, 21:14   #3
Senior - BHPian

I did not get any help in respect of adding an aux port in my 2006 Civic 1.8s.

On the other thread where I asked, fellow members just give some links and that states how to open center console and add a port (so much technicality/parts involved). I myself cannot do it.

Someone please tell me the place and cost where can I get it done in Delhi/NCR.

Regards,
MG
Old 11th February 2009, 21:20   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Someone please tell me the place and cost where can I get it done in Delhi/NCR.
Try Driven (east of kailash) or Gyro (moti bagh).
Old 11th February 2009, 21:37   #5
Senior - BHPian

Thanks buddy for the information.

I'll surely try it there. Has anybody on Team-BHP got it done ?
Old 11th March 2009, 14:28   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Not so sure. The Honda 6 CD Changer HU has an AUX port at the back that is enabled in the V variant (and later on the S variant). People who have an S from the first batches could enable AUX using this port and a proper cable. However, the E has a single CD changer which may or may not have this port.
In Civic E MT, the right most button on the centre console says CD/AUX but there is no visible AUX port one can use
Old 11th March 2009, 18:14   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor_breathing View Post
In Civic E MT, the right most button on the centre console says CD/AUX but there is no visible AUX port one can use
if I'm not wrong, the AUX input is beside the 12V outlet below the HU.
Old 12th March 2009, 11:02   #8
BHPian

thanks shuvd. Will check today.
Old 13th March 2009, 09:18   #9
BHPian

Sorry, there isnt one near the power socket.
Atleast I couldn't find one.
Old 26th March 2009, 10:50   #10

Please try Automarc at defence Colony, near moolchand flyover ( next to flavours restaurant). The can do it most easily and reasonably
Old 8th December 2009, 15:24   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Plenty of brands to choose from. The choice from the Honda showroom installed in my car is working properly. I believe the cost is some 4K odd for a four sensor, rear only, in-mirror system. Even though the car is quite massive, visibility is high thanks to the humongous glass area. You'll stop giving much attention to the parking sensors after a while. It'll become an irritant soon after. But it does help when you miss something in the mirrors.
I just got a quotation from a local Honda dealer for the parking sensors for a Honda City. The quotation says:
4 back parking censors (beep sound) for Rs.19900. Does not mention which brand, etc. I heard that Honda voids warranty if we get accessories from outside. But, the quotation given is way over normal market prices for the same.
Old 8th December 2009, 17:14   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
I just got a quotation from a local Honda dealer for the parking sensors for a Honda City. The quotation says:
4 back parking censors (beep sound) for Rs.19900. Does not mention which brand, etc. I heard that Honda voids warranty if we get accessories from outside. But, the quotation given is way over normal market prices for the same.
19K with the beep sounds like it is the genuine Honda accessory.. in fact, it cost 24K when I asked my dealer.. I think its not worth that much.. I got another brand which costs around 5K installed from the same dealer, just to not mess up with the electrical warranty...
Old 8th December 2009, 17:24   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
You can negotiate with the dealer.
Take help of your Sales Consultant who sold the car to you.
if you are going for 2-3 accessories, then they give a good attractive bundled deal to you.

Alternatively make friend with the Service Advisor, you can shop and bring the accessory, get it fitted at the dealer, pay the labour cost to them.
Again take help of your sales consultant if required.
Old 9th December 2009, 11:24   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
You can negotiate with the dealer.
Take help of your Sales Consultant who sold the car to you.
if you are going for 2-3 accessories, then they give a good attractive bundled deal to you.

Alternatively make friend with the Service Advisor, you can shop and bring the accessory, get it fitted at the dealer, pay the labour cost to them.
Again take help of your sales consultant if required.
Thanks a lot for the advices, @StarVegabond and @iTNerd.

I am yet to book/ buy the car. Should be booking one by the end of this week. Am un-decided between Ford Fiesta and Honda City.

Well, I spoke about the parking sensors to the sales consultant and expressed my desire to get that done elsewhere(if needed). He said he could help me by providing a store contact where it could be done. He did re-iterate the warranty statement though(no pre-existing electric wiring should be cut or tampered with). Not sure if he'd agree to I getting it elsewhere and asking his staff to install it, but I'll try to talk him into it.
Old 19th February 2010, 12:09   #15
BHPian

Might as well hit your bumper 3-4 times than pay 24k for your parking sensors. Will still work out cheaper. Btw am just kidding.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks