Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2005, 12:19   #1
greddy

K&N Required For A Zen Carb.

hi
I Require A K&n Air Fillter 4 My Carb Zen Could U Ppl Pls Guide Me Wich 1 Should I Go In 4 The Stock Replacement Fillter Or The Air Intake Cone Shaped Pls Letme Know Asap.

Note from Moderators - The use of sms/chat/slang is not permitted on TBHP. Please take the time to type your post correctly. Also, do not type titles in all CAPS and the entire post in bold. Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 8th July 2005 at 10:29.

Old 29th April 2005, 13:27   #2
Senior - BHPian

think dragger is the best person to contact...he is a stockist also
Old 29th April 2005, 16:07   #3
Team-BHP Support

How much would it cost and which one should I go for in my zen?
Old 2nd May 2005, 16:12   #4
BHPian

hey buddy i'm sorry for not replying back to the post immediately ...my computer was down...thnx buddy iceman... well greddy if you have a carb zen would advise you to go in for the 3570 universal filter along with a custom made cold air intake piping...this setup is ideal if your looking for maximum performance...if you cant think out of the box then we can always arrange for a box replcement filter...so i'll pm you my details and you can get in touch with me as and when you want...cheers...!!

Last edited by dragger : 2nd May 2005 at 16:16. Reason: Spell Check
Old 8th July 2005, 00:35   #5

my brother drives a zen which is a 1996 carb zen but its condition is as good as a 2-3 yr old car.its very well maintained etc and believe it or not has only done 20000 kms.now what i would like to know is how long does the stock filter last and when does it need to be changed.would like to know what type of a filter i will have to put on the zen and the approximate cost.will be gratefull to those who can help out.

by the way the k&n filter is an oil filter rite...
Old 8th July 2005, 01:35   #6
BHPian

hiya buddy...k&n filter's are oil based free flow air filter's...they basically allow more air suction into your engine and hence more power on the pistons..also K&N universal conical hyper performance air filter's are made and installed by us in such a way that the engine gets maximum intake of cold air..as cold air is more dense combustion is better..and hence more power...so well i also am a stockist and i install K&N air filter's and a list of other performance parts...i'll drop you a pm with my number do let me know if i can be of any help to you..till tehn happy revvin..cheers...!!
Old 7th July 2006, 16:40   #7

Hi,

I fitted K&N stock replacement filter for my ZEN Carb today from Ozzone , Bangalore. It costed me Rs 3290.
Ozzone guy told me that we cant fix K&N Universal Filter to carb ZEN.
Howfar it is true?

Regards,
Anil
Old 7th July 2006, 16:58   #8
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_anil2000
Hi,

I fitted K&N stock replacement filter for my ZEN Carb today from Ozzone , Bangalore. It costed me Rs 3290.
Howfar it is true?

Regards,
Anil
Hi Anil,

Thats a load of crap he told you. He must have said that as it takes some effort and fabrication of a fitment to the carb opening from where the runner pipe will be fitted hence take the easy route out.

Viper
Old 13th July 2006, 14:16   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_anil2000
Hi,

Howfar it is true?

Regards,
Anil
Same was told to me by Car Shringar guy in Bangalore. I too put in Stock Replacement one and it has definitely improved the performance.
Old 13th July 2006, 20:32   #10
BHPian

On a similar note, is there a nice and clean way to install a conical filter on the mikuni carb ? something like buying intake piping of some other car and installing it with some mods ?

Also on a E-1 800(that's all i have!) there are pipes that go back into the air-filter box from the tapped cover and from the exhaust manifold, what do we do about them?
Old 13th July 2006, 20:55   #11
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by techn0l0gist
On a similar note, is there a nice and clean way to install a conical filter on the mikuni carb ? something like buying intake piping of some other car and installing it with some mods ?

Also on a E-1 800(that's all i have!) there are pipes that go back into the air-filter box from the tapped cover and from the exhaust manifold, what do we do about them?
Hi,

Can you give you a very cheap and simple idea to do the same. Pm me if interested. Had done the same on my carb esteem.

Viper
Old 1st November 2006, 16:27   #12
vidvai

which air filter is recommended for zen mpfi nd exactly how much of the intake pipe should be left/what shud b done between the engine nd the filter so that engine heat nd dearth of ram air dont bcome a hindrance.....

plus the costs of course

thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks