Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2009, 13:04   #1
BHPian

Dent on my new ALTO

Hi Guys,

Need some Advice from you Guys. I have dents and scratches at 2 places in my new Alto. A scratch on the Front Bumper while removing the Car from my Building and a Dent on the left back side door when a madman rickshaw driver just banged head-on from the left side. I need some suggestions on how i can get them fixed and also the approximate price and the place from where i can get it done in Pune. I am attaching some Pics that i captured from my Cell Phone. Hope it helps.
Also, can i replace these parts and claim insurance?

help guys. It hurts to see those Dents on my new Car.
Attached Thumbnails
Dent on my new ALTO-dsc00102.jpg  

Dent on my new ALTO-dsc00103.jpg  

Dent on my new ALTO-dsc00104.jpg  

Dent on my new ALTO-dsc00105.jpg  

Old 2nd March 2009, 13:25   #2
BHPian

I believe you can live with it. Some scratches can be removed or become less dark with rubbing compound. Or better get touchup paint while going for service at Maruti Or get touchup paint discussed long in this forum. Dent are not so obvious can be ignore for a while
Old 2nd March 2009, 13:47   #3
BHPian

It sure is disheartening to see scratches on ones new ride. However, as mentioned by aka, these are not too deep, I feel and bumper scratches are normally a common feature. Try cleaning up the scratches on the door with rubbing compound or something like Scratch out repeatedly and they would be less visible to the eye.

For the bumper do the same thing and you could additionally the usage of some stickers over the scratches. How about the new TeamBHP stickers, looks swell too.
Old 2nd March 2009, 13:58   #4
BHPian

Stickers is a good idea. Along with that get bumper guards black rubber material would cost around 500 bucks and stick it on bumpers. To some extent scratches can be avoid in future
Old 2nd March 2009, 13:59   #5
BHPian

I would suggest some rubbing compund and you should be able to remove or atleast minimize them to a certain extent.
Unfortunately scratches are an integral part of driving on Indian roads. My two month old Dzire was side scrapped by an auto and I exactly know what you feel.
Old 2nd March 2009, 13:59   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Sorry to see your ride being bashed around. However, the scratches and dent dont look that bad as you have a light color car.

As Suren recommended, order the stickers and for as low as Rs.250 you can hide those dents and scratches and at the same time make your car stand out.
Old 2nd March 2009, 14:17   #7
Senior - BHPian

as others have mentioned, rubbing compound should reduce these scratches to some extent. I would recommend you learn to live with these scratches. they are the first of many to come
Old 2nd March 2009, 16:27   #8
BHPian

Thank you guys for your suggestions. The Stickers Idea is cool. Will think about it.
Regarding Rubbing Compound, where do i get it from, which brand and what price?
Old 2nd March 2009, 19:26   #9
Senior - BHPian

go to any local denting painting work wala and get rubbing polishing done from him. the blackish shade will go off. also check whether he can do some touch up. i would suggest you to avoid touch up at it stands out.
Old 2nd March 2009, 20:53   #10
Senior - BHPian

Please don't put stickers, they look cheap, no offence to others who have.
Old 4th March 2009, 15:47   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
Thank you guys for your suggestions. The Stickers Idea is cool. Will think about it.
Regarding Rubbing Compound, where do i get it from, which brand and what price?
You can get Rubbing done at any Denting / Painting workshop. You can get rubbing done for the whole car or can get it done only on the areas that are scratched.

Looking at the pics it seems it should not cost you more than a couple of hundred rupees to get rubbing done for scratches.

I too have a white color car and have made it a habbit to check if the car needs touch up rubbing along with regular service (@5000K)
Old 4th March 2009, 20:35   #12
BHPian

@abhi3284, from what can be seen on the pics, the scratches don't look deep. You will typically have issues of getting a serious dent/paint job only on deeper scratches. From the looks of this, it will go off on compound rubbing. i had larger scratch on my SWIFT.. dont have to go to a mechanic, take it to MASS, if you say your car is new and if you are about to go in for your first free service, just let them know and they will do it up for you free of charge. the only thing t hat will be left is really bleak lines on the bumper since all these bumpers are black base with the paint on it, but will certainly be almost un-noticable.
Old 4th March 2009, 22:15   #13
BHPian

Its just on the plastic bumpers right? is there any dents really?? I could see only mere scratches! Try using rubbing polishes, dont use ordinary rubbing compounds, use one which can be used on metallic paints! 3M`s and all.

and bumpers need not paint completely! You can do it partially also, ie; just the scratched part!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks