Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2007, 19:19   #1
BHPian

Getz Fog Lamps

hi all.

i have a hyundai getz gvs. i would like to get fog lights installed for my car, as they did not come with the car like they do in gls. i enquired with hyundai and they were charging something like 4k for the fog lights, so i felt it would be much cheaper buying them outside. so would u fellow bhp'ians advice me on, what brands should i be looking for and how much would they cost.
Old 26th July 2007, 21:53   #2
Senior - BHPian

I suggest you buy from Hyundai before that do check outside as well, If you are located in vijayanagar area I can help you to get best quality I am not sure about price which you need to check out.

According to me fog lights start from 1500 rs and it varies. The place you buy make sure you check them in person before they install it and insist for best quality and then bargain hard on that.

When I installed fogs on my Innova I have baught it for 4000 rs od I remember same fog lamp would have cost 3 times than that price If I had fit in toyota service station. I can see my fog is stronger than my stock headlight I soon plan to upgrade my headlights as well.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 27th July 2007, 13:23   #3
Senior - BHPian

bro instead of fog lamps go in for xenons for better visibility....
Old 27th July 2007, 14:04   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post
i enquired with hyundai and they were charging something like 4k for the fog lights, so i felt it would be much cheaper buying them outside.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiragh_bir View Post
bro instead of fog lamps go in for xenons for better visibility....
Chirag, hemant has clearly mentioned a desire to invest in fog lamps which cost lesser than 4k. What makes you think xenon's are anywhere close to that price? A decent xenon kit costs as much as INR 30k upwards AFAIK.

Hemant, i suggest you explore the option of going for Hella fog lamps. I think the model number is Hella 550 (me too plannin to get it for my esteem as it fits perfectly in the stock location with no mods required to the bumper).

The cost for a pair of Hella's is around INR 2500/-. Madan80 our member from chennai has got it on his palio. 55/60W output power but very good brightness and visibility. As good as any 100/90W halogen bulb if not better.
Old 29th July 2007, 22:56   #5
BHPian

Hemant, if u juz want to fill the dummy fog lamp slot, thn u can go for a cheaper one...The Hyundai showroom guy had advised me tis.. to get a cheaper one fitter outside and wuld cost sum 400 bucks... but wuldn't be effective in a foggy situation... after all u dont have fog in bangy rite?
Old 30th July 2007, 00:49   #6
Team-BHP Support

Actually there are fog lamps available right from 500 bucks onward. The problem is they are only good for showbaazi. They do not illuminate even a 1 feet distance. On the other hand if you buy a decent quality fogs they cost much much more. I realized that recently when I fitted a pair recently in my Indica. I was getting them for some 500-700 odd bucks, different makes. However I checked the make that comes as company original and started searching for the same outside. Found them ultimately and installed them for 1800 bucks. The make is Minda. They are the OEM suppliers for several brands.
Old 30th July 2007, 01:07   #7
Senior - BHPian

Not sure about Getz, but the fog lamps that Hyundai put on the Santro are absolutely pathetic. They're pretty much there for show only... useless otherwise. If the ones on Getz are anywhere close to the Santro's in terms of effectiveness, I would avoid them.
Check out Hella as n_aditya has suggested, or Minda as per Zappo.
Old 5th July 2008, 19:01   #8
BHPian

Fog lamps in original slots for Getz

Hi Guys,

Getting myself a Getz.

I want to put fog lamps in original slots in the bumper. I don't want to go for auxiliary lights until I'm dead sure that headlamps + fog lights don't serve my purpose.

I drive extensively in the night and want fog lamps for good visibility and not showbazzi. Does round shaped Hellas come which can be fitted.

Meanwhile, I'll also be ugrading the headlights to philips rally 100/90.

Please let me know what are the options possible.

Thanks a lot.

Naman
Old 5th July 2008, 19:25   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naman View Post
Hi Guys,

Getting myself a Getz.

I want to put fog lamps in original slots in the bumper. I don't want to go for auxiliary lights until I'm dead sure that headlamps + fog lights don't serve my purpose.

I drive extensively in the night and want fog lamps for good visibility and not showbazzi. Does round shaped Hellas come which can be fitted.

Meanwhile, I'll also be ugrading the headlights to philips rally 100/90.

Please let me know what are the options possible.

Thanks a lot.

Naman
Today only i booked GetZ Crdi
i ordered for original FogLamps.
anytime after market won't serve the purpose.
please go for Original Accessories though it's costly.
as per our team members Headlights are not good in GetZ
so i too plan to upgrade headlights with Philips Rally 100/90 wih relay.
i already used this in my WagonR.It's very good for night driving.
Old 5th July 2008, 19:35   #10
Senior - BHPian

I agree that the stock headlamps are not good.

If Hyundai charges Rs.4000 for the OEM fog lamps that came with my one year old Getz Prime GLX, it is daylight robbery. They are just white lights, not real fog lamps. I always use them with my headlights (Philips Vision Plus 55/60), Check with Hyundai if it is the same and decide accordingly.
Old 12th July 2008, 15:41   #11
Senior - BHPian

Check out my lights dude in my Getz CRDi thread. Mine are spotlights and not fog lights . But are very powerful as i have fitted H3 100W bulbs.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...tml#post888455
Old 6th October 2008, 12:53   #12
BHPian

You can try PIAA (good light ) but those are very expensive.Best bet for Fog lamps are Hella (less on price,more on durability and quality,and the range available are extremely good ),and you can try LightForce too (procuring them would be an issue as those are Australian,but they have definitely made a mark in recent times ). There are cheap Chinese ones available a dime a dozen,but they usually do not last and their illuminations are usually always dodgy.
Old 13th March 2009, 19:01   #13
BHPian

Getz Fog Lamps

I have a Getz Gle which comes without fogs and am thinking of getting them installed.Anybody has any experience with installing them?
Should i go for after market ones or go to the A.S.S for them?
Indications for pricing will even help.
Please give your suggestion guys.
Thanks.
Old 13th March 2009, 20:49   #14
BHPian

Get the original ones. Not only will they look good, they'll also fit well. I had got a good second hand set from chennai complete with the switch that fits on the centre console. Had paid about Rs.1,500 for it.
Old 13th March 2009, 20:56   #15
BHPian

Thanks,Any ideas how much new ones would cost with installation?
Even do you have a pic of the switch on the central console?

Last edited by DjNik : 13th March 2009 at 20:59.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks