Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2009, 05:13   #1
BANNED

Swift VDI...check me out

I am new here, and this is my first open post. Hope its interesting to all who stop by. Feel free to shoot questions if you have any. A little bit on what I've done to my car.

Swift VDI 1.3 DDiS

Engine all stock parts, Remapped to efficiently produce 95 bhp (20 more than factory), tuned for use with turbo diesel. Torque jump from 125lbs/ft@1800 to 179@1800 rpm. No mileage drop, in fact increase with normal driving patterns.

On going project : Air brush painting. Current : only hood complete

Tires : upgraded to 185, 15 inch

Enjoy safe driving!
Attached Thumbnails
Swift VDI...check me out-img_5277_1.jpg  

Old 18th March 2009, 06:49   #2
Senior - BHPian

Share the details buddy??

Where/how/when was the job done etc?
Old 18th March 2009, 10:14   #3
BANNED

Since I am not allowed to give out any commerical information I will have to refrain from costs but the airbursh artist has his company name on he hood. It is Inkster Tattoo | Under Construction | Website design by Zync Design. | joashmanning.com Little pricey but worth it. The extra layer of laquer will keep the black shining and the paint underneath that has the art work also protected. The next phase is to run the purple hairline run all over on the sides with roof painted in white.

The ECU has been remapped by a company in Mumbai. You can look up the section under tuner for kiirus and talk to them directly. I can only speak for the ride. It now drives even better and the knocking from the factory has reduced. They suggested i upgrade the filters to k&n's that I plan to do next. Thats all you need and is pretty affordable.
Old 18th March 2009, 11:58   #4
rippergeo

Your ORVMs have Kiirus stickers on them. I take it, the remap was done by them. I dont think its forbidden to share pricing details for work you had done on the car. Active selling is not allowed, thats all.

How does the remap feel? have you compared it with a Swift that has a Tuning box? Would be nice to have a review on the performance aspect.
15inch wheels with 185 section? whats the profile?
Car looks lovely.

Old 18th March 2009, 13:03   #5
BANNED

I paid 25 even for whole deal, but you should check with them for discounts. I dont mind stickers and they kicked off another 1000 for putting them on my car. Most of you wont like it.

Yes, it will be nice to compare a remapped car with pete's box. Why dont we try this out someday. Any volunteers?
Old 18th March 2009, 14:05   #6
BHPian

f540i more on the pre and post remap drive man. and m sure you can share the costs. and also some better pics of the car.
Old 18th March 2009, 15:01   #7
BHPian

Was the remap done using pete's kit?
Old 18th March 2009, 15:15   #8
Senior - BHPian

i love air brush painting but personally didn't liked this.
Old 18th March 2009, 15:16   #9
Senior - BHPian

The art work on Bonnet looks nice.

Quote:
Torque jump from 125lbs/ft@1800 to 179@1800 rpm.
Hmm The stock torque is 140lbs/ft

As per your final torque figure the upgrade is from 190Nm of torque to 243Nm
Old 18th March 2009, 16:52   #10
Senior - BHPian

black colour on a car looks the best when maintained properly, otherwise you will have swirll marks on them to spoil the look.

anyway its a job done neatly on your bonnet.

what it is the profile of your 185 tyres? have you thought about dropping the car little bit to add to its looks?
Old 18th March 2009, 18:35   #11

That is one SEXY Swift!!!! If you dont mind sharing, how much did the AirBrushing cost u? I wanted to do something similar on the scorpio
Old 18th March 2009, 19:20   #12
BHPian

Hey dude! Your ride looking hot with the air brush job ! Did you get petes in your and where in mumbai was it done? What are your tyre size ?
Old 19th March 2009, 01:26   #13
BANNED

Hi Guys ! nnice to be back here again. So i read through all the posts.and I have my answers below.

Tires : Sorry we had a typo in my earlier post. Its not 185, but 195 55 zr15. Goodyear GT3. They drive pretty well. Especially after the remap the turbo seems to kick a little bit quicker and the car has been far more responsive. The fisrt time I drove the car after remap, i thought I was losing control.she just kept getting quicker and faster with rpm shifting rapidly after limiters removed. It bothered me with factory tires after the remap and I had to upgrade the Wheels in less than a week. Its so much better now and totally worth it.

Drop the car down would be a good idea, but our Mumbai roads are just getting ready for another season with more potholes, hence I am gonna pass on that.

The guys who does the airbrush is actually a tatoo artist and he works with folks at Kiirus. He's done some amazing work and replicate pretty much anything on airbrush. I have posted some of his other work here. The art ranges all the way from 25K - 75K for doing up the whole CRV which is what I was told. He gave me an additional 5K off at 20K for displaying his website url. This includes the hood. I have my original safe as of now. They are also wiling to offer a trade in value for the hood if you return it back and buy something else in exchange.so i think thats cool.maybe some new art when I have extra to blow up.

some of you have asked me about a petes tuning box. Personally I have never used tuning boxes, but have been a customer to using remapping services while I lived in the US. I had my 540i remapped and since then I have one way or the other only picked up cars during purchase I know can be remapped. You just gain a lot more for very little money spent. Never had problems with it. You just have to listen to your tuner and follow simple instructions that come with high end specific tuning.

Technocrat .thanks for the correction on the torque number. I looked up specs.you're right brother.

Some more pictures I wanted to share with you guys.enjoy! Airbrush work i thought was amazing and brought it home on my camera. Thats my 2000 540i, remapped in 2002. After 9 years, 1,89,000 miles she still feels 19. Thought that was joke :-) Cars always better over women! Never feels old if you treat her well.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Swift VDI...check me out-img_5206_1.jpg  

Swift VDI...check me out-img_5284.jpg  

Swift VDI...check me out-img_5292.jpg  

Swift VDI...check me out-img_1925.jpg  

Last edited by Technocrat : 19th March 2009 at 12:21. Reason: see note in post
Old 19th March 2009, 02:21   #14
Senior - BHPian

hey nice wheels on your 540. they definetly makes the car looks better.
Old 19th March 2009, 12:23   #15
Senior - BHPian

Which car is there in 2nd Pic.

You have the 540 in India?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks