Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2009, 22:37   #1
BANNED

Octi RS Eleanor Style FogLamp Mounting

Guys,

Got my self a second hand skoda VRS as i had already mentioned in the earlier threads.Now planning to do some exterior mods.Since the movie Gone In Sixty Seconds ,i was madly in love with the Eleanor.I just loved its fog lights on the place and way its fixed.The new mustang lights also looks good.Now when i looked into my ride,i could actually find there is a place where the fog's fit well and good.The bumper center grill(as marked in the image) suits it well.I need all your opinions guys whether will it look weird or good,or is two fogs enough or four would do good.

And should the work be done on the existing grill or is aftermarket grills available?,because i am scared as the replacement grill in skoda is too costly.And the fogs on the grill looks nice or should it be just fogs only?
Please help me guys,Posting the pictures.

Hafi
Attached Thumbnails
Octi RS Eleanor Style FogLamp Mounting-1967mustangfastbackgonein60secondseleanorfront1280x960.jpg  

Octi RS Eleanor Style FogLamp Mounting-p1010023.jpg  

Old 19th March 2009, 22:46   #2
Team-BHP Support

why do you want to block airflow to your intercooler with fogs?
Old 19th March 2009, 22:47   #3
BANNED

hey hafi im a fan of the eleanor myself but personally i believe that the look shoudlnt be copied to some other ride as the charm of the eleanor cant b reproduced thus i think an intercooler would look better there instead of the fog lamps so plan a turbo or something for that .
Old 19th March 2009, 22:49   #4
Senior - BHPian

in my opinion a stock vRs is the best. Get some performance mods instead. Don't spoil the racer boy looks of it.
Old 19th March 2009, 23:10   #5
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by accord masters View Post
hey hafi im a fan of the eleanor myself but personally i believe that the look shoudlnt be copied to some other ride as the charm of the eleanor cant b reproduced thus i think an intercooler would look better there instead of the fog lamps so plan a turbo or something for that .
Turbo?I dint understand what u meant.Its already turbo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
why do you want to block airflow to your intercooler with fogs?
But in the mustang also the fog's are placed in front of the IC right?

Last edited by Rehaan : 20th March 2009 at 10:56. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the MULTIQUOTE button instead of making multiple consecutive posts in the same thread. Thanks.
Old 19th March 2009, 23:13   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAFI View Post
and arent there two horns behind that location anyway?
Old 19th March 2009, 23:15   #7
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
in my opinion a stock vRs is the best. Get some performance mods instead. Don't spoil the racer boy looks of it.
I know it already looks too good.But i am crazy about Eleanor.Anyway if it looks weird,then i am not planning as my car doesn't want to be in the weird and acky thread.
Old 19th March 2009, 23:15   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
who knows if thats an ic or not. the grill above is also the same. also it might be fine for a movie or in a place with colder climate. but over here id get the iv as much air as possible.
Old 19th March 2009, 23:46   #9
BANNED

by turbo i meant replacing it with better ones so as to get better output .
Old 20th March 2009, 00:02   #10

Could you post a pic of your car without those circles please. I shall photoshop somehing quickly for you.
Old 20th March 2009, 00:38   #11
BHPian

Quote:
The Ford Mustang GT comes with a NA engine AFAIK and a really powerful one too, in the pic its just a grill to match the top bonnet grill.
Instead of getting that Elenor look on the Octi, why dont you get your hands on an old HM Contessa, make it a project car and work it up to look like a Mustang GT.

Last edited by abhik : 20th March 2009 at 00:50.
Old 20th March 2009, 14:39   #12
BHPian

hey hafi,
the black grill on the bumper where you intend to fit the fogs lamps can be removed easily , it is not integral with the bumper,the grill is held in place by snap fit action lugs along its periphery.

it is not expensive ,the grill is available separately , i dont think any after market grills are avaialable .

i think its a good idea and you should go for it , the rs oe fog lamps are not good enough anyway.

the intercooler and the horn are not placed behind this grill so you dont have to worry abt that .the intercooler is on the right behind the smaller grills/ vents and the horns are on the the left side.

yes , i agree , it will be a problem if you gonna get a new , bigger intercooler, not otherwise.

i was also contemplating the same , so i have been trying to get my hands on a used rs front bumper , as i was wanting put a set of hellas or lightforce, which are bigger than the fogs you are planning.

Last edited by siddartha : 20th March 2009 at 14:47.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks