Team-BHP - Pete's for Linea and Grande Punto
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Pete's for Linea and Grande Punto (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/56366-petes-linea-grande-punto.html)

Hey guys. This is JUST a question. The 1.3 JTD engines in the Linea are almost the same as the ones on the swift/dzire/qjet vista/palio. The swift has a Pete's tuning box available. Is it possible to add this same box to the existing Linea engine? Is Mr. Peter Chacko reading this? When can we expect a Pete's box for the new 1.3 Linea, Pete?

EDIT: there's one available for the vista and palio 1.3 JTD as well! Now im quite sure the Linea is going to get one soon. I never thought it was underpowered or sluggish. But for all those nitpickers, the Pete's tuning box will be the ultimate answer. Waiting with bated breath!

I hope they come out with tuning boxes for both the petrol and diesel versions...i definitely would not mind!

Hi,

Its already out.

Viper

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankmehta (Post 1249455)
Hey guys. This is JUST a question. The 1.3 JTD engines in the Linea are almost the same as the ones on the swift/dzire/qjet vista/palio. The swift has a Pete's tuning box available. Is it possible to add this same box to the existing Linea engine? Is Mr. Peter Chacko reading this? When can we expect a Pete's box for the new 1.3 Linea, Pete?

EDIT: there's one available for the vista and palio 1.3 JTD as well! Now im quite sure the Linea is going to get one soon. I never thought it was underpowered or sluggish. But for all those nitpickers, the Pete's tuning box will be the ultimate answer. Waiting with bated breath!

You want a faster answer - PM him.

You want that info NOW ? - call them on the numbers given on their website!

EDIT: - there you go - Viper was even faster:)

I don't want a faster answer, but i definitely want a faster linea if i get one anytime soon:-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankmehta (Post 1249534)
I don't want a faster answer, but i definitely want a faster linea if i get one anytime soon:-)

yes it is available as viper has posted. takes the power to 100bhp or more if im not mistaken. to find out the exact details call them or see this Pete's Automotive Products Pvt Limited

Oh, so Doc buying a Linea now? Isnt it an overkill for you? Considering that now the new car will be lesser used since you will be going back to school?

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankmehta (Post 1249534)

ah frankie. So linea is where the ICE will soon move to.:thumbs up

Way to go buddy. A well deserved upgrade for the ICE stupid:

I'm not sure about it though. Might be a smaller car:-) dad is keen on a smaller car like the i10, since he thinks the overheads will be lower. Its tough to explain to dads that the expense is almost the same whether its a car with a boot or without. Wish he was teambhpian :-) i'd be having a Steg masterstroke and some high end stuff on board:-) <sighs and gets back to day dreaming>

28k in Kerala; 102bhp/220Nm. Source; Jerrish666(Tvm Pete's dealer)

Is the Linea MJD not already streached ? As it is running 90 bhp in stock factory form. How much further would the box take it ? 105 bhp... will the engine be able to endure it in the long run ?

My Octy 1.9 TDi came at 90 bhp stock & now is running about 115 bhp (remapped)

Well it would be nice to see a back to back performance check on the 1.3 MJD & the 1.9 TDi in stock form & then Pete'd !!

That should be interesting...

Edit : Just read jkdas's post. 102 bhp so that is 12 bhp over stock. Hmmmmm.....Interesting

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricky_63 (Post 1249647)
Is the Linea MJD not already streached ? As it is running 90 bhp in stock factory form. How much further would the box take it ? 105 bhp... will the engine be able to endure it in the long run ?

im sure it would. the only reason it puts out more power than the swift d, palio d etc is because it has a vgt turbo. its not the exact same engine as those running in a higher state of tune. also petes hasnt increased the power by too much on this car, only 12 bhp and im sure another 5bhp will be available by putting this box on the 2nd setting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 1249638)
28k in Kerala; 102bhp/220Nm. Source; Jerrish666(Tvm Pete's dealer)

Is there a difference between the one for the Swift/ Palio with this one? I think both are priced on the same level aint it?

Pray tell me what the second setting means? And isn't 220nm absolutely locomotive torque! I'm very excited about these numbers. Esp. since the petes tuning box aids more in improving driveability and bottom to mid end torque.

do they make these boxes only for diesels? I seriously have no knowledge on the tuning /performance front..