Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2005, 22:16   #1
BHPian

Fuel Pressure regulator in ikon 1.6

Hi Guys

Did anybody have installed fuel pressure regulator in an ikon1.6
I belive the stock regulator is integrated in to the fuel rail which is made of Plastic, To install F.P.r we will need to change the fuel Rail also, Any idea how it can be done?
Old 19th May 2005, 22:49   #2
Senior - BHPian

Why do you want to install a FPC. Are you turboing it ??
If not, then what is the benefit?
Old 19th May 2005, 23:17   #3
BHPian

No Plans for Turbo, Basic mods intake/exhaust+Head Ported Polished 3 angle valve job and stage 2 Cam 285 deg 4m piper U.K , Got installed Air/Fuel Ratio meter, The Engine runs lean after 3500 RPM when throttled and takes some time to get rich mixture when observed on A/F ratio meter.
have spoken to some reputed tuners in mumbai they said you cannot installed F.P.R in an ikon!

Plus lots of things in pipeline, which will be step by step

Last edited by Ford Rocam : 19th May 2005 at 23:25.
Old 20th May 2005, 11:55   #4
Senior - BHPian

dont need to change the fuel rail...need to run the fpr after the stock andsince the pressure is higher the stock becomes a dummy. works perfrectly fine.

@mpower...the fpr is not necessarily for a turbo car. helps in NA too.
Old 20th May 2005, 12:05   #5
BHPian

The pressure will have to be adjusted when you drive and where it is getting a good amount of pressure.. Usually start at 32 idle and 35~40 or more at acceleration. Adjustment wil have to be done on trial and error.. Depends on what kind of modifications you have done to your car.

z
Old 20th May 2005, 12:08   #6
Senior - BHPian

yeah... install the FPR on the return line after the stock regulator, and you can control the pressure from the new regulator.. will work totally fine.. will also function as a failsafe.

Cheers
Dom
Old 20th May 2005, 14:14   #7
BHPian

sure u can install fpr on a ikon..... on a mpfi its always on the outlet of the line.. so leaving the stock where it is... put in the fpr after the fuel rail ie: on the return line... then adjust it as per requirement.... have already done it on a 1.6 ikon.... works grt...
Old 20th May 2005, 21:10   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam
and stage 2 Cam 285 deg 4m piper U.K
Did you mean "mm" as in 4 mm of lift?

Dont mean to complicate you problem, but you mentioned that its lean initially but becomes rich after a while.........thats telling me that there 'is' enough fuel flow once you reach steady state and the leaning is at transient conditions. Seems like a mapping issue to me.....need more 'tip-in enrichment'. (same as what an acclerator pump in a carb does)
Have you checked what the AFM shows at full throttle & max rpm at steady state? If its lean even after holding for a while then definetly fuel starvation....which means one of the three need to be changed first................... injectors, FPR or the fuel-pump. You need to figure which is your weak link and change that first. Not sure about this but components from the 1.6 Zetec Fusion may be retrofittable with the Rocam. Another good check is the injector pulse width at max load but you need the appropriate software to do this.

Are you using a different intake ? If so, what is the runner length. Did Piper give you a runner length/dia recomendation for the cam.

Iceman......thanks for the tip.
Old 21st May 2005, 20:34   #9
BHPian

Hi Mpower and Other Bhpians
Thanks for your reply,
mm is not for lift it is "from piper - 4m piper" Yes its runs steady rich once pressure is achieved,
the 1.6 Ford Fusion is All Alluminium Duratec Engine 16V Twin Cam (whish Ford had given this engine to an ikon!) Since the engine is new here not sure about parts retofittable in an ikon,
There was no recommendation from Piper regarding the intake,The intake pipe is slightly bigger but the length is same,
Hey ZenGt can u install FPr for me, ? How much time and what costing are involved P.M me pls
Old 28th June 2005, 22:44   #10
BHPian

Hey Guys,
At last i got installed Fuel pressure regulator in an ikon , the installation was simple and straight forward , the result was very noticiable i am regretting why i havent installed it earlier,
it has compensated a lot in the low end torque which i had lost due to high lift cam, it has helped me a lot in driving in city traffic and i tell u guys u have to ride it to belive it the surge in power i get after 4000 rpm , i just cant describe it will post the pics soon
Old 28th June 2005, 23:35   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam
Hey Guys,
At last i got installed Fuel pressure regulator in an ikon , the installation was simple and straight forward , the result was very noticiable i am regretting why i havent installed it earlier,
it has compensated a lot in the low end torque which i had lost due to high lift cam, it has helped me a lot in driving in city traffic and i tell u guys u have to ride it to belive it the surge in power i get after 4000 rpm , i just cant describe it will post the pics soon
Congrats buddy....how much did it cost and can you explain more in detail why exactly is it required???
Old 29th June 2005, 10:23   #12
Senior - BHPian

a good fpr costs any where from 2k to 8k depending on the brand and its specs.

an ideal one with a gauge should be around 6k
Old 11th July 2012, 11:03   #13
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fuel Pressure regulator in ikon 1.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam View Post
Hey Guys,
What brand FPR was it and how much did it cost? How about the pictures of the installation?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks