Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2009, 19:10   #1
BHPian

Upgrading the Swift DDis Suspension

Ok so when I bought my Vdi, I knew it was no Lamborgini(speed) or Land Cruiser(suspension) but the car is fun to drive. However, the suspension is just a joke! It rattles, creaks, makes springy noises and pretty much speaks a little language of its own. I can confidently say that I have NEVER been so cautious with a car and yet have the suspension be so rubbish. So I was wondering, is there anything I can do, and reasonably to improve the ride quality and suspension life.

Gimme your thoughts...
Thanks guys
Old 10th April 2009, 11:48   #2
rippergeo

The swift D is the only maruti that i've had whose suspension lasted 20k kilometers with my driving style. so your experience is a bit surprising.

Bilsteins are coming out soon. wait for a few more months, reviews, then decide. till then the only option is Koni yellows with stock springs or eibach springs.
I think sticker price for konis is 37k, but discounts should be available. but if you're going after market for the springs, total cost will come to near 50k(not sure)

What tyres and alloys are you using? EDIT- just saw your signature.

The screws on top of the front struts tend to loosen ever so slightly with hard driving. tightening them is a 2 min job at MASS and usually free of charge, makes a big difference.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks