Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2009, 05:18   #1

Sunroof for Endeavour

Hi guys...
I've been looking forward to get a sunroof installed on my endeavour 3.0
Will it be possible for, as it has 3 row A/c....i've looked around a lot but could not come up with anything.
Even checked on the Webestto website, but to no help..
Has anybody got it done on his/her Endy.....

help n suggestions required..
Old 24th April 2009, 10:36   #2
Senior - BHPian

Try speaking to ford dealership. I believe getting installed from them might cost a buck but will stand your precious ford warranty.
Old 24th April 2009, 14:48   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I wouldn't recommend an after-market sunroof. Period. A sunroof is best installed at the factory level itself, I don't trust anyone in the aftermarket with a chop job on my roof. Too many horror stories floating around of water leakage problems etc.
Old 24th April 2009, 21:36   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Try speaking to ford dealership. I believe getting installed from them might cost a buck but will stand your precious ford warranty.
oh they just hav big blank faces to show.....good for no help.
the only experience they had with sunroofs was when Fiesta Limited Edition came with a sunroof on it. Thats it...
Old 24th April 2009, 22:05   #5
Team-BHP Support

Contact Webasto Sunroofs India, Car roofs Accessories, Company fitted sunroofs, webasto Motherson India

They may give you some solution.
I DO HAVE the same suspicion about water leakage though.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 24th April 2009 at 22:08.
Old 26th April 2009, 12:08   #6
Senior - BHPian

Rudra is right, aftermarket sunroofs have a poor reputation. Avoid at all costs no matter what promises any place gives you. They will promise you the earth to get it installed wait till you get leaks and they will not want to know you.
Old 26th April 2009, 18:38   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I wouldn't recommend an after-market sunroof. Period. A sunroof is best installed at the factory level itself, I don't trust anyone in the aftermarket with a chop job on my roof. Too many horror stories floating around of water leakage problems etc.
+1

I got a sunroof fitted 6 years back from the showroom on my accord, although it worked well over the years and didn't leak. It did however make a big rattle after a few years.

If you must go in for one get a Webasto.
Old 27th April 2009, 09:52   #8
Senior - BHPian

Indeed having a after market Sunroof is always open to leakage issue, but somehow webasto people do their work very much professionally.
Old 27th April 2009, 15:31   #9

I looked for it on the webesto website, but cudnt find anything specific to the purpose. Though they did assure that their sunroofs are very much according to the indian climate and that they offer a 2 year warranty. I mailed them but havnt got any reply from them.

I wanted it as the only thing that could compliment my SUV experience was a sunroof. When i was planning my car, i took a test drive of a CR-V too, n driving a SUV with its sunroof open was just amazing. But endy was never offered with a sunroof....

I am only more confused than ever
Old 17th February 2012, 22:58   #10
BHPian

Re: Sunroof for Endeavour

Reopening this VERY late - but this is also something I have desperately wanted for my Endy. The Ford dealer recommended a Webasto outlet in Pune to get the job done, and highly recommended it. The guy looked at the Endy and said it was possible.. the big problem/concern for me is that the Endy has a duct running through the middle - along the vehicle - to supply the AC vents for the 3rd row. Putting a sunroof will be tricky since it will cut through the duct, leaving a complicated profile to take care of.

But I would give a LOT to get that sunroof!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks