Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2009, 09:32   #1
BHPian

Sukhoi Mileage Booster -- Legitimate or Not?

I found an advertisement for a mileage booster product in a magazine. Its called Sukhoi mileage booster and its made in Philippines. Please take a look at their website and advise me if this is legitimate or not:

Sukhoi-Mileage Booster-First time in India- Save fuel..Save India

Surprisingly, when I searched in the forums, there was not a thead about this -- so I guess it must be a new product
Old 28th April 2009, 11:12   #2
BHPian

Take a look through this thread. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...rformance.html
Old 28th April 2009, 11:12   #3
BHPian

YAMB!!! Yet another mileage booster! This time with a Russian name, claiming to be made in Philippines, advertised through a website with ample typos to boot and named after a town in Kerala!...How innovative...lol...No wonder it is not discussed here.

BTW the domain name is due for renewal on 27th June.
Digital Vampire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2009, 11:16   #4
BHPian

Dude, I don't know if a Sukhoi owner would be that worried about the mileage
Old 28th April 2009, 12:31   #5
BHPian

I phoned a garage in Trivandrum (I got the number from the AD), who is a dealer for this and these are the things that he told me

* The device is fixed between the connection between the air filter and the valve cover

* What this device does, according to him -- is that it gathers up the waste fumes coming from the valve cover and then collects the petrol vapors and then feeds it back to the intake -- which results in better combustion [This is explained well in the web site]

* He told me that the best result that his garage achieved with this device was with a Ford IKON Petrol (I am guessing its the 1.3 L model) -- he claims that the vehicle is now returning 22 kmpl

* I asked him whether he personally uses this device -- his reply was that he owns a Zen Diesel and fitting this device into his car would require some modification and this had to be approved by the RTO -- so he is seeking approval -- he told that the device was "bolt-on" for many models so no approval is necessary if it is a straight fit into your car

* He quoted me a price of Rs.16,000 for the device and installation

16,000 ??? Curious I phoned their head office in Pala -- this is what they had to say

* When asked about the price of the device, the head office guys informed me that the device was imported from Philippines, so they had to pay import duty (which I am guessing is aroung 25% if it is imported as an automobile spare part)

* They promised me a 30% - 40% increase in mileage -- also, they told me that if the vehicle did not return the figures that they promised, they would give the money back if the device is returned within one month

* He suggested that I visit their garage at pala

So what do you guys think?

@Srijit -- by reading through that thread, I understand that it is a topic for converting ones car to hydrogeon -- this device is entirely different

@Digital Vampire -- They do have an office in pala, well atleast they picked up the phone number provided by them and they hae invited me to visit. The product needs to be renamed though...
Old 28th April 2009, 14:02   #6
BHPian

No. that thread was a Hydrogen booster thread. Car does not run on Hydrogen, but the gas produced makes for efficient combustion.

Have never heard of waste gases being collected and promoting combustion. Also if it can be fitted on customer cars with no RTO modification, why has the garage owner not fitted one himself? And who says bolt on devices for cars need no approval?

Have you read to the end of that HHO thread? You have Saban Auto Gas in Ernakulam and Praveen in Mumbai who are doing the HHO stuff. It costs around 7-9K, I guess. I'd suggest you talk with Naushad Ali at Saban Auto Gas. He is in EKM and you can get details from him.
Old 28th April 2009, 19:38   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srijit View Post
Have never heard of waste gases being collected and promoting combustion. Also if it can be fitted on customer cars with no RTO modification, why has the garage owner not fitted one himself? And who says bolt on devices for cars need no approval?

Have you read to the end of that HHO thread? You have Saban Auto Gas in Ernakulam and Praveen in Mumbai who are doing the HHO stuff. It costs around 7-9K, I guess. I'd suggest you talk with Naushad Ali at Saban Auto Gas. He is in EKM and you can get details from him.
From what I have been able to comprehend, the shop owner's may Zen need considerable modification in order to fix the device, hence the RTO approval. And according to him if is a straight fit into a vehicle, RTO approval is not required -- but I am not sure about this

Thank you for clearing the topic about HHO to me. I will contact Mr.Naushad regarding this -- I did not read till the last page because when I saw the videos of cars running on water I thouught this discussion was about Hydrogeon powered cars

The HHO looks like a better proposition to me
Old 28th April 2009, 20:10   #8
Senior - BHPian

Maybe you should first check with any garage close to Lohegaon airport, Pune. There are plenty of Sukhoi's parked over there. I bet some of them use this mileage booster thingy.
Old 29th April 2009, 09:42   #9
BANNED

Simply looks like another brand of Snake Oil.
Old 29th April 2009, 10:10   #10
Senior - BHPian

Looks very interesting.
Is this fitted on Sukhoi fighter planes too?
Old 29th April 2009, 16:21   #11
BANNED

Another scam ? Don't waste money !
Old 29th April 2009, 22:30   #12
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Said it like it is, Mithun. You rather flush that money down the toilet, atleast your car will be safe!
Old 30th April 2009, 01:06   #13
Team-BHP Support

How charming! Call him a few more times and if the guy gets desperate enough to sell it to you he may just tell you about how it also collects the petrol vapors and fumes from all the other cars passing by yours and feeds it into your car's intake to increase the mileage figures further. And if you manage to collect enough vapor from the nearby cars you may just even manage to skip your next refill, a la Frequent Flyer miles of the airlines.

Seriously, shove it man. The day they come up with a device to actually double up the mileage figures (Ikon returning 22kmpl!!!) they will be the next billionaires of this world.
Old 30th April 2009, 02:03   #14
BHPian

Lots of this kind of stuff seems to surface in Kerala. Any idea why?
All my Mallu friends don't even seem to care about gas mileage and drive pedal to metal all the time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks