Team-BHP - FFE for Aveo U-VA EDIT - Got it now. 1st in India I suppose
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   FFE for Aveo U-VA EDIT - Got it now. 1st in India I suppose (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/58930-ffe-aveo-u-va-edit-got-now-1st-india-i-suppose.html)

Guess I will be the first one here looking to do an FFE on an Aveo U-VA! Searched the threads and could not come up with anything. I also got in touch with Automech and they do not have an FFE for the U-VA yet. I guess it will be a custom job for me now :).

My warranty ends next week and so I am planning in advance. Have been waiting a long time to do this! I've look up resources on the internet (ongoing) to find performance exhausts for the Kalos (which was rebranded as the U-VA here). I am also reading through extensive documents on performance exhaust designing. I need to source the details of the existing stock exhaust system before I can start designing. Here are a few things I could come up with (exhaust design noob warning!) in no particular order -

Requirement - not loud, performance in low and mid range.

I have the option of doing a cat-back or a complete exhaust. Planning a cat-back only in stage one.
I would need a performance muffler and custom piping for this.
I am looking at a 2 1/4 inch piping.
Would need an exhaust tip/end can.

I would need a 4x2x1 header design for a complete exhaust (if and when it comes up)

I realize that these are more of rantings right now and I'm a long way off from my goal. Would appreciate if any of the FFE gurus can chip in and help me do this.

I would suggest that you go in for a full FFE if your objective is power gain. Get in touch with someone who does custom FFEs and specify 2 things-
1. Header and FFE designed for bottom end (since that's where a U-VA really needs help)
2. Sound as close to stock. A loud FFE may sound good initially but trust me, it can be a real pain after a while, especially on long drives. And it won't attract the cops.

@Astleviz - I don't think anyone does custom FFE in this part of the country. I also got a response from N1 Racing yesterday saying they do not have a performance exhaust done for the U-VA. Only thing they can give me is a universal muffler.

Can someone suggest a custom exhaust vendor (in Gujarat or Mumbai)?

i dunno about guj but if you can drive down to bombay its very much possible and itll be under 12k from vipers guy.

the_maassk, I had my custom FFE done from Jignesh (Viper) in mumbai and I am quite satisfied with the result, you can get in touch with him. I'm sure that there are other guys in mumbai who also do custom FFEs but I don't know anyone personally, maybe mumbai tbhpians can help with this.

Let me grab hold of Jignesh rightaway :)

Get the full FFE fitted! as far as U=Va is concerned i guess you might be looking for better throttle, right?? Get a custom specification according to your requirement, and get a branded end can, say Magnaflow, Nitto etc. I got mine done from rally car preparation garages!

I am looking for a full FFE. However, I can live with a cat-back if that improves the torque delivery at low and mid RPMs. Let me see what I can find.

A full FFE (with headers) will cost between 10-12,000 bucks (with ceramic coating on headers) so unless you are on a shoe string budget, I recommend going in for a full FFE. Don't ignore the header, it is crucial for the low rpm gains you are looking for.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Astleviz (Post 1312591)
A full FFE (with headers) will cost between 10-12,000 bucks (with ceramic coating on headers) so unless you are on a shoe string budget, I recommend going in for a full FFE. Don't ignore the header, it is crucial for the low rpm gains you are looking for.

Does that include a high-flow catcon or a no-catcon?

My dad tried doing a FFE on his U-VA and gave up.Before the FFE he was getting a pathetic mileage of 9kmpl.

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_maassk (Post 1312608)
Does that include a high-flow catcon or a no-catcon?

I think it will be without the catcon but I'm not 100% sure. Better call up Viper and double check with him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hillram (Post 1312641)
My dad tried doing a FFE on his U-VA and gave up.Before the FFE he was getting a pathetic mileage of 9kmpl.

Can you let me know why your dad gave up? Would help me with my planning.

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_maassk (Post 1312394)
Let me grab hold of Jignesh rightaway :)

you do that. get a full ffe with headers. they will help alot in the low end power. also it would most likely be without a cat but dont worry it will easily pass puc.

So that was it - This weekend was when I took the plunge and decided to get an FFE on my U-VA!

I probably now have the first and the only Aveo U-VA with an FFE. Will compile a detailed review and experience as soon as I get a couple of hours from work.

Mods - if there is a claim otherwise from another U-VA owner, please change the thread title and remove this post :). I shall then create an 'experience' thread separately.