Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2009, 18:50   #1
BHPian

Esteem - Cooling Coil & Bumpers

Hi Friends ,

I am back after ages for the following -

- My Esteem 2001 Cooling Coil has developed a leak and needs to be replaced - how much would that cost ? not to mention cars a/c is not working & during scheduled servicing of a/c the mechanic pointed it out to me ) he quoted 6.5K to me ( i am in Delhi ).

- Cars Original Bumpers ( front & back ) Have taken a lot of beating from 2001 now & I was thinking of replacing them - need an idea on cost + painting

- Replacing Bumpers as they have been fiber welded many times now & now it wont sustain fiber welding anymore.

Thanks for the inputs ( in advance )

Thanks & regards
P4C
Old 4th June 2009, 20:06   #2
BHPian

no-one replying ?
why so ;(
Old 5th June 2009, 09:23   #3
Senior - BHPian

When my old esteem developed a leak in the cooling coil, it costed me 1000 RS, to replace it. Each bumper would cost you 800 Rs, but they come in black, since you are from delhi, go to jama masjid with your dentor and you will easily get a good set of bumpers for 500 Rs(Both) and you might find other useful stuff as well.
Old 5th June 2009, 10:33   #4
Senior - BHPian

The esteem cooling coil costed me 4.8k a year back. This was from the MASS. I am sure you can get it much cheaper from the open market. Regarding bumper, it comes in 2 pieces, depending on which one you want to replace. Painting the bumper will be more than the cost of the bumper itself.
Old 5th June 2009, 10:50   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
The esteem cooling coil costed me 4.8k a year back. This was from the MASS. I am sure you can get it much cheaper from the open market. Regarding bumper, it comes in 2 pieces, depending on which one you want to replace. Painting the bumper will be more than the cost of the bumper itself.
I am not sugesting him mass as he is from delhi, KASHMERE GATE Asia's biggest parts market is where he can get the cooling coil for 1000 bucks. Back then i asked my mechanic to get it for me, he went to KASHMERE GATE and got it for me, It worked fine till i lost my car. You are absolutly right painting the bumper is more expensive than buying a new bumper.
Old 5th June 2009, 17:45   #6
BHPian

6.5K for cooling coil??? Is he replacing the compressor also along with that? Cooling coils should cost you between 1000 - 2000.

Bumpers for Rs. 800 sound too low. I suggest genuine bumpers (from Kashmere Gate) will cost you more. I suggest if you intend to buy used bumpers then go to Jama Masjid instead of Maya Puri.
Old 5th June 2009, 19:19   #7
BHPian

Yahoo , at last i got replies .... ( ok agreed i am being a bit childish ..... )

regarding

- cooling coil - its developed a leak and throwing some greasy oily blackish stuff - and i had to leave delhi so my wife is looking up after my car , so i told her to hang on till I come but the summer is getting her as a/c isnt working

- regarding Bumpers ( whole kit front + back ) from 2nd hand market , how good or bad the condition will be ? as after a while they might just start to open up from the joints , so was thinking of new

- As am not in DELHI at the moment so I have 2 options -

- give my car to MASS , as cant expect wife to take it to Kashmere gate type of areas

- or get the work done when I return to delhi ?

or just get cooling coild repaired from MASS so that wife can use car for her office work

its getting confusing after each line :(

* thanks for the replies

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks