Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2009, 11:44   #1
Senior - BHPian

Dissappointed with Philips Crystal Vision. Need help on alternatives

Hi Guys,

I had purchased Philips Crystal Vision some time back, but am not too happy with the output.

I have a Hyundai Accent (2008) and took the H4 Crystal Vision set of bulbs.

Some how I dont find it to be all that bright at night, as I expected it to be and its beem is pretty focused and does not light up the sides also. Sometime when turning on a dark road, I actually have to strain out of the side window to see where I am turning.

Not sure if only I have this problem.

Please offer me suggestion on any upgrade. I am looking for only white or blue.

Not looking for HID kit. Only for bulbs which can really light up the road.

Thanks
Old 6th June 2009, 11:57   #2
Senior - BHPian

I am using Phillips essential vision 100/90 halogen bulbs in my accent and they are pretty good,and they throw pure white light~4300K

Mods i think this query should be moved to automotive lighting thread

Last edited by akshay4587 : 6th June 2009 at 12:01.
Old 6th June 2009, 11:59   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
Hi Guys,

I had purchased Philips Crystal Vision some time back, but am not too happy with the output.

I have a Hyundai Accent (2008) and took the H4 Crystal Vision set of bulbs.

Some how I dont find it to be all that bright at night, as I expected it to be and its beem is pretty focused and does not light up the sides also. Sometime when turning on a dark road, I actually have to strain out of the side window to see where I am turning.

Not sure if only I have this problem.

Please offer me suggestion on any upgrade. I am looking for only white or blue.

Not looking for HID kit. Only for bulbs which can really light up the road.

Thanks

Hi I drive a 05 Accent and find the OE HL pretty good. Please ensure they are focussed correctly.

Also, if you want white or blue HID is the correct way to go as most of these white lamps are not as effective as the stock yellow ones.
Old 6th June 2009, 12:05   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
I am using Phillips essential vision 100/90 halogen bulbs in my accent and they are pretty good,and they throw pure white light~4300K

Mods i think this query should be moved to automotive lighting thread
Hi Akshay,
I saw the same bulbs that you are using and was wondering if the light is actually white? In terms of comparision with say, the Crystal Visions? Also, I was told you dont need a wiring kit for these bulbs, which I disagree with. Are you using a wiring kit for these bulbs?
Thanks
Old 6th June 2009, 12:24   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantnehru View Post
Hi Akshay,
I saw the same bulbs that you are using and was wondering if the light is actually white? In terms of comparision with say, the Crystal Visions? Also, I was told you dont need a wiring kit for these bulbs, which I disagree with. Are you using a wiring kit for these bulbs?
Thanks
Anant Crystal visions bulbs have a dark blue tint,thats why they emit bluish light,and they arent too bright and they are rated at 60/55.

Essential vision bulbs have light blue tint,that emits whitish light,and its less irritating as well,I am quite happy with these,although the low beam is not impressive,but high beam is amazing,and i can vouch for it since i drive on highways in dark frequently.

and I am using them with Wiring kit and relay.
Old 6th June 2009, 13:39   #6
Senior - BHPian

Is 100/90 fine. So what is the relay and wiring kit about, where can I get it done. I bought my buls from Reliance Autozone Gurgaon.

I really liked the white light, hence went in for this, but was not too happy with the illumination. Hence, looking for upgrades.

Any idea on Diamond Vision, Philps Extreme Power or Osram
Old 6th June 2009, 14:49   #7
BHPian

Philips Crystal Vision are 55/60 bulbs, pretty useless I must admit. The colour is dense white.
@Anant - You can use Crystal Vision without any additional relay+wiring.

Philips Diamond Vision are 55/60, equally pathetic. The colour is deep blue (only for the HID effect).

Philips Essential Vision are 100/90, heard ok/good reviews about them. 4300k colour, fresh white light.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/access...tml#post964888

Philips Blue Vision are 100/90, very good bulbs. 4000k as opposed to 4300k , so these are bright yellow/whitish bulbs. My vote goes for these, since they are good during rains, and during night driving too. Not purely white though, but practical.

If you want white/blue light - HID is the only practical option.

There are a hell lot many other options. Please refer and post all lighting queries to this thread - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ting-here.html

Mods, please do the needful.
Old 6th June 2009, 15:55   #8
BHPian

Hi,

Just a suggestion hope you have got the genuine lights as I had faced the similar problem and turned out that the BULB was a fake

much a possibility

take care
Old 6th June 2009, 16:15   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by passion4cars View Post
Hi,

Just a suggestion hope you have got the genuine lights as I had faced the similar problem and turned out that the BULB was a fake

much a possibility

take care
True, but the question is, were you happy with the original too?
Old 6th June 2009, 16:25   #10
Senior - BHPian

If you want bight light and clear visiblity switch to Phillips rallye 130/100 bulb cost is approximately Rs.160-Rs.190 pwe bulb,you have to install a headlight wiring kit with a Headlight Relay,which will make its life live longer,the total damage to your pocket will be anything between Rs.1100/-

The light coming out of these bulbs will be bright regular yellow.
Old 6th June 2009, 16:39   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
If you want bight light and clear visiblity switch to Phillips rallye 130/100 bulb cost is approximately Rs.160-Rs.190 pwe bulb,you have to install a headlight wiring kit with a Headlight Relay,which will make its life live longer,the total damage to your pocket will be anything between Rs.1100/-

+1

Philips Rally is the best option from Philips IMHO. Since the thread starter is looking for white or blue light, thus I did not suggest them.
Old 6th June 2009, 16:59   #12
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post

Hi i guess using 130/100 will make the plastics melt and reflector becomes black after some time.

Am i right guys?
Old 6th June 2009, 18:34   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi i guess using 130/100 will make the plastics melt and reflector becomes black after some time.
Yes. Very true.
100/90 is optimum with perfect H/L focus.
Old 6th June 2009, 19:43   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post

Am i right guys?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Yes. Very true.
100/90 is optimum with perfect H/L focus.
Now that depends which car you install,i am using it on my getz its almost 1.5yrs.have installed in on a santro,accent,NHC,OHC,lancer,swift,wagonR no reflector burning/blackening problem's yet.
Old 6th June 2009, 20:01   #15
Senior - BHPian

I had installed the Philips 130/100 bulbs in my Esteem with a relay and didn't have any such problem. I guess, the reflector should not be a local one.

Most Viewed