Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2009, 17:37   #1
BHPian

Tried Tested CNG fitment centre in Delhi

Hi ,
Can any of my friends here on team-bhp let me know of the good cng fitment centers in DELHI ( preferably near Rohini).
I have inquired about the Tomasetto Kit .. its around 30000 for 14 kg .. and the dealer says that installing lambda of the tomasetto brand will cost around 5000 more. Moreover , I was also told that TAP will not be needed in case I go with original Tomasetto LAMBDA , since it has got the TAP inbuilt. Similar comments were made about the Landi Renzo kit with Landi Renzo brand LAMBDA as well..
Do I really dont need a TAP in case I go with a branded LAMBDA..
Please let me know how much of the statement he made is true?

I have also read in the threads that more than the brand of the kit we should lay emphasis on getting the kit fitted by some one good.
But in case that professional has multiple brands available which one should I go for .. Landirenzo, Tomasetto,BRC etc.?

What about the cylinder which is fitted ? Are the cylinders also branded ..?Any particular brand I should go for .. standards I should look at ???

Waiting for the response from T-BHPians!!

T.I.A
Saurabh
Old 17th June 2009, 18:38   #2
BHPian

CNG KIT with 14Kg cylinder in 30K?
Are you sure this is a new Kit and not a second hand ? Just ensure that you get a Bill and warranty and also tell the guy that you will endorse the Kit on your RC. (He would ask for 2-3K more for RC endorsement.)

I don't know whether Lambda can contain TAP or not. In my case and opinion, both are separate units.

I got my car coverted from AA CNG (Aggarwal Bros.) at GT Karnal Road (workshop near True Value store of Saya Automobiles). These people are professional, good workmanship and carry ample experience.
Just 2 weeks back a saw them converting a ANHC to CNG.

As per cylinders, it depends what car you have - you would not like to have a 14 KG cylinder in a WagonR or Santro. In my opinion, a 12KG cylinder is sufficient enough for most of the cases. Cylinders from Shrimalenkar (or something similar) are generally okay and I have only seen cylinders from this co. only.

Whosoever you get your car converted from, just ensure that the person carries a good experience and don't forget to endorse your RC.
Old 18th June 2009, 09:34   #3
BHPian

Hi Khandelwal,
Thats the price of a new kit he was quoting.
He was asking for 3500 more to get the RC done.
BTW , I own an Accent GLE.
How much did the CNG kit from Aggarwal cost you?
Old 18th June 2009, 10:13   #4
BHPian

I got my car converted to CNG (Bedini KIT with 12KG Cylinder, Lambda and TAP) around this time last year. Petrol prices were raised by Rs. 5 and SPEED was costing over Rs. 55 for a liter. There was the sudden rush of CNG conversion. I checked with various vendors and I got quotes ranging from 39K to 48K. I chose AA CNG as it was near to my house and I paid around 41K for the conversion.

I got the RC endorsement myself. All it took was 2 visits to the RTO office and Rs. 650 (or so).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks