Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2009, 19:18   #1
BHPian

Can indicator/wiper levers be swapped in Skoda?

This was a friend asking me whether he can get this done - he is planning on buying a second hand skoda, but he simply hates the switched controls.

Any opinions??
Old 1st July 2009, 19:50   #2
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbyte View Post
This was a friend asking me whether he can get this done - he is planning on buying a second hand skoda, but he simply hates the switched controls.
Ask him to go through this forum. It is likely that he ends up hating other parts too.
Old 1st July 2009, 20:55   #3
BHPian

heh there is no accounting for taste.
but the question still stands - can it be done ?
Old 1st July 2009, 21:54   #4
Team-BHP Support

Do you mean swap them from LT to RT? Not going to be an easy task since the self cancellation unit for indicator and all will be integrated and i dont know of any RT drive skoda configurations available. Swapping from other cars will be a tricky task and since its a skoda, if its in good running condition, please avoid fiddling with it.

Search for skoda in this forum and you will know why's in detail
Old 2nd July 2009, 01:50   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbyte View Post

Any opinions??
Nope. Uh uh.

Even if it was possible, you'd have to change the steering column and get brand new stalks which fit the way you want them to (indicators on the right, wipers on the left). I'm not even sure Skoda makes these parts.
Old 2nd July 2009, 09:04   #6
BHPian

Thinking that it's good to leave things the way they are. Swapping the stalks from left hand to right hand side is not possible, as your friend would be more confused. He'll have to push the stalk down while taking a left turn, and upwards while taking a right turn. Not sure if the switch inside too can be put the other way round. Wipers would be manageable i guess.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks