Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2018, 15:29   #31

Re: Suspension upgrade for Dzire (Maruti Swift Dzire)

Thank you blorebuddy and gunsho.
Initially the ABT mechanic did say that we can do a lubrication of both the studs and would cost 1.5K, but when he steered the wheel left and right a few times, he said the assembly is gone and has to be replaced.
The steering box should be ok but that too would have to be eventually replaced in 3-6 months so its better to get them both change now was his suggestion.

As gunsho recommended, I would go to Ignite and seek Raghav's opinion before I decide on the next steps.

Cheers.
Dzirechennai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2018, 07:20   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzirechennai View Post
Thank you blorebuddy and gunsho.
Initially the ABT mechanic did say that we can do a lubrication of both the studs and would cost 1.5K, but when he steered the wheel left and right a few times, he said the assembly is gone and has to be replaced.
The steering box should be ok but that too would have to be eventually replaced in 3-6 months so its better to get them both change now was his suggestion.

As gunsho recommended, I would go to Ignite and seek Raghav's opinion before I decide on the next steps.

Cheers.
Do keep us updated on how it goes. It would be interesting to see if this replacement vs repairing parts theme is working in this situation also. Good luck.
Old 12th September 2018, 13:56   #33

Issue resolved.
I went to ignite in ECR and got it checked by Raghav. He suggested me to get the Steering box unit changed at ABT as there wont be any price advantage if I get it done @ ignite.

Took it to ABT Guindy and they replaced the stud assembly (Steering box was fine). Apparently I had to get the link rod changed as well since it was damaged.

Cost me 13K but the job was well done.

Thanks gunsho and blorebuddy !

Cheers.
Dzirechennai is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks