Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2009, 02:44   #1
Senior - BHPian

Where can one buy a hydrometer in Pune?

Can anybody from Pune tell me where I can buy a good hydrometer? It will be used for 2 wheeler, 4 wheeler and inverter batterys (so nozzle should be small enough). Tried many battery shops, but most say they dont keep and the couple that do said they don't have a stock. Got fed up of looking... :(

Any tips regarding hydrometer purchase... like which is a good brand, price, etc will be really appreciated, as have never bought one before.
Old 19th July 2009, 08:34   #2
BHPian

Check with any shops that supply chemicals and equipment for analytical chemists and school chemistry labs.

IMO - The larger ones (the kind that are almost a foot long) are impossible to use with 2 wheeler battery's. Smaller ones would work just as well with both large and small batteries.
Old 19th July 2009, 09:12   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Can anybody from Pune tell me where I can buy a good hydrometer? It will be used for 2 wheeler, 4 wheeler and inverter batterys (so nozzle should be small enough). Tried many battery shops, but most say they dont keep and the couple that do said they don't have a stock. Got fed up of looking... :(

Any tips regarding hydrometer purchase... like which is a good brand, price, etc will be really appreciated, as have never bought one before.
I too have been looking for one. I was pointed towards Nana Peth by a battery shop owner. But no one bothered to tell me exactly which store/shop (deliberately?). Went there and randomly asked around with no luck.

Let me know if you get lucky because I would like to purchase a hydrometer as well.

Rgds,
Old 19th July 2009, 15:39   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackedHead View Post
Check with any shops that supply chemicals and equipment for analytical chemists and school chemistry labs.

IMO - The larger ones (the kind that are almost a foot long) are impossible to use with 2 wheeler battery's. Smaller ones would work just as well with both large and small batteries.
Thanks will check that out... but dunno where to find the lab equipment shops... but will check it out.

Yes, it has to be small... have seen bigger ones being used by battery shops, but those are no use for me. Gotta have one that is useful for all batterys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
I too have been looking for one. I was pointed towards Nana Peth by a battery shop owner. But no one bothered to tell me exactly which store/shop (deliberately?). Went there and randomly asked around with no luck.

Let me know if you get lucky because I would like to purchase a hydrometer as well.

Rgds,
Have set my mind on getting one, so will find it somewhere. Where did you ask in Nana Peth? Battery shops? Will definitely let you know where I get mine from.

Btw, one shop told me he has a plastic one. But it was more than 3.5 times more expensive, so I didn't buy.

My concern is, are all of them really accurate... or should I be looking for some specific brand?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks