Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2009, 15:33   #1
BHPian

Projector setup for Esteem type-III

Dear fellow members,
i recently got Autoguage H4 4300K HID kit installed in my Esteem (type-III). The light is bright as expected but not at all focused; due to stock reflectors i think...
So now i am looking for a projector setup with either a hi/Lo projector lens or two different lenses.

I have come across 2 guys for the same.
1. CarModsDelhi CMD India Home - CarModsDelhi - projector headlights custom bodykits indica esteem accord matiz accent fiesta santro zing ford ikon swift diesel engine modification cmd carmodsdelhi cmd india projectors custom headlights led neons under car body work they offer single projector setup and angel eyes.

2. Mr. Yatharth Performance Products India, Auto Parts Delhi, Car Parts Delhi and Auto Spare Parts which offer both setups single and dual projectors.

3. SMOKIN who also offers both setup

Please advice from where should i buy the projector headlights.
I want to retain my HID kit.

vikram
cheers
Old 26th July 2009, 19:27   #2
BHPian

Dear members,
can i get/purchase only the projectors?
i am game for DIY project too.

vikram
Old 26th July 2009, 19:48   #3
Senior - BHPian

Skoda headlights from scrapped/damaged/totalled cars can be used as donors for the projectors. Otherwise, look on ebay.
Old 26th July 2009, 19:59   #4
Senior - BHPian

I would say go to Smokin.
Carmodsdelhi uses cheap chinese stuff.
Yes i have seen.

Smokin is your best bet.
He's done some really great jobs.

Plus if you want to retain your HID kit, he'll be happy to help with that too.

P.S. That carmods guy is using my car's pic ( Red Skoda) which was made by smokin and not by him ( Though i have asked him to remove it now)
Old 26th July 2009, 21:14   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
P.S. That carmods guy is using my car's pic ( Red Skoda) which was made by smokin and not by him ( Though i have asked him to remove it now)
Heh, his other Octavia pic isn't even from an Indian car. I'd surely trust that man to equip me with something nice...Not.
Old 28th July 2009, 08:12   #6
BHPian

DIY esteem projectors

hello members,
i have managed to get 2 old broken skoda headlights. The projectors are in good shape though!
Now as i understand the skoda has D2S type HIDs. but i only have H4 type.
also i want to go for halogen-high beam and HID -low beam.
With HID ballast the low beam will work but for high beam i'll have to install relay and wiring harness seperately right?
how to connect this new wiring harness so that when i switch to high beam from low beam both the hid low beam and halogen high beam gets ON...
can anyone please tell me whats the price for D2S 4300k/6000k bublbs for my 35W Autoguage ballast?

regards
vikram
Old 28th July 2009, 23:33   #7
BHPian

projector installation

guys please help!!!!

i have skoda's both big and small projectors
Now should i just cut the reflector cap of my esteem's headlight and install just he big projector lens or should i remove the whole reflector and install the whole projector. then i'll have to buy new D2S HID bulbs as at present i am using H4 hid kit.

can i keep the original h4 esteems lamp and install the skodas small projector in the same headlight ?

awaiting your expert advice

regards
vikram
Old 30th July 2009, 12:20   #8
BHPian

no you can't use both i mean the reflectors and projectors both ....

and for the D2s bulbs you will not find them in india easily ,chances for this is out of blue moon
Old 31st July 2009, 23:46   #9
BHPian

H4 vs D2S

what is the actual difference between a H4 and D2S bulb. different focal points / different length / different harness?
Old 31st July 2009, 23:49   #10
Senior - BHPian

I guess its the difference in the harness.
Also the D2S is a bit different in the way the bulb / HID is placed inside.

I might be wrong though.
Old 1st August 2009, 17:39   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viky_s View Post
guys please help!!!!

i have skoda's both big and small projectors
Now should i just cut the reflector cap of my esteem's headlight and install just he big projector lens or should i remove the whole reflector and install the whole projector. then i'll have to buy new D2S HID bulbs as at present i am using H4 hid kit.

can i keep the original h4 esteems lamp and install the skodas small projector in the same headlight ?

awaiting your expert advice

regards
vikram
Hello Vikram. I converted my Ikon headlights to projectors with HID. You can check out this link http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...d-my-ikon.html and see if it helps.

First I got the projectors and then I went shopping for the HID. To my understanding. Projectors uses a "shield" (a metal piece inside the projetor) to cut the light beam for lo-beam. This is why you see a clean cut in projector beams where the upper half is completely shaded and the lower half is bright. Its like holding a piece of card in front of a torchlight to cover half the glass. Only in projectors, the lens are designed to used this technique effectively. I think for hi-beam, the "shield" moves away from the beam through some electric mechanism. But such projectors comes only in some hi-end cars.

You probably may need to get new set of HID. Even if in theory, you are able to fit the H4 bulb in the projector. The Hi-lo won't work as the reflectors are very different from conventional reflectors. But if you want to use the projectors, you can still go for halogen bulbs. Only make sure you go for bulbs that are 4000K or lower + below 80 watts because the heat generated by halogens are too hot for projectors.
Old 2nd August 2009, 11:50   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viky_s View Post
what is the actual difference between a H4 and D2S bulb. different focal points / different length / different harness?

all three you quoted..

if focal point is not same the purpose of visibility is waste as the reflectors/projectors are designed according to that only ..

socket is also different

harness is really a total different on as the d2s never comes in halogen bulb at all and in hid too it needs a different wires

you can checlk the pics for reference

SOURCE: Google
Attached Thumbnails
Projector setup for Esteem type-III-edd2shidkit2t.jpg  

Projector setup for Esteem type-III-9007_bixenon_hid_bulb.jpg  

Old 3rd August 2009, 12:06   #13
BHPian

thanks smokin,
so if i have to convert h4 hid kit to d2s i'll need bulbs and their harness which would fit to my existing h4 sockets!!!
i think its better i install skodas(fog lamp) h3 type lens for hid. i think then i'll only have to change the bulbs from h4 to h3.
what is the cost of h3 / d2s bulbs only?

regards vikram.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks