Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2009, 13:12   #1
Senior - BHPian

Stock replacement air filter for WagonR?

I am looking to replace the MGA air filter with a better and longer lasting one. Looking for marginal increase in FE and performance.
Any recommendations ? Price ?
Old 9th August 2009, 15:07   #2
BHPian

Last I enquired about an year back, K&N stock replacement filter was available for about Rs. 3,800. It was easily available at most places in Delhi. Don't know what the current price is?
Old 9th August 2009, 15:07   #3
BHPian

Try K&N stock replacement filter. Its quite good. Difference can be noticed (Pickup wise and FE). I paid somewhere between 3500/- to 4000/- (1 year back) for the stock replacement filter.

Last edited by mnhegde : 9th August 2009 at 15:11.
Old 9th August 2009, 15:21   #4
BHPian

yes, stock replacement K&N I would say. Should be between 3.8 and 4K , I think. If you know someone coming from USA or UK, ask them to bring one for you. Then it would cost you only 2K.

Cheers
Old 9th August 2009, 20:41   #5
gpa
Senior - BHPian

DCEite,

A K&N replacement stock filter for the Wagon R will not make any perceptible difference to either performance or FE of your car. If the car is out of the warranty period, you can go in for a K&N replacement filter with a CAI which will give you a noticeable increase in performance.

Pricewise, the stock replacement filter from K&N will be cheaper than the replacement filter with CAI.

Hope this helps

Cheers,
gpa
Old 9th August 2009, 22:30   #6
BHPian

Also, a conical filter must be installed carefully so as to make sure, that the hot air from the engine is not sucked in. This is bound to happen, if you just remove the air box and replace with a conical.

I usually dont prefer such modifications, unless accompanied by heat shields.

It sure will sound good.
Old 10th August 2009, 20:22   #7
Senior - BHPian

I know that conical filter with cold air intake would be a much better bet for performance and FE.
However i was looking for a viable alternative to the MGA stock air filter, which can prove to be a worthwhile investment viz a viz cost difference (MGA costs around 210 and SRF arnd 3.5k) and marginal increase in FE (if any). And like vdiatech said, i too would not like such major modifications (even though my car is out of warranty).

Maybe i will give this stock filter a try.. afterall its not too expensive, and even if there isn't any noticeable change in performance/FE, i know it won't atleast drop the FE or do any harm .

Last edited by DCEite : 10th August 2009 at 20:26.
Old 9th April 2010, 15:47   #8
BHPian

Stock replacement filters can be fitted on a car without any modifications. I have K&N stock replacement air filter on my 2008 model wagonR. I feel my engine breath well now.. but there is no major difference.

I purchased it for 2750 from Autoshop, Koramangala, Bangalore.
Old 7th August 2010, 22:02   #9
BHPian

My WagonR Automatic (2005) has done around 50000km and I was adviced by Pratham Motors Bangalore to replace air filter and spark plugs. Like DCEite mentioned, a year back, I too am wondering what is the alternative to MGA. I have stopped checking FE these days as it is seems to range between 10.5 and 11.5 km/litre petrol with AC on most of the time. I am wondering if I go for the K&N stock air filter, will it give a smoother response? I am ready to go for a stock filter if it improves quality of drive.

If it is ok to post on this thread, what are the recommended brands for spark plugs I could try? I was told Bosch are good. If that is true, where does one get them in Bangalore? I use Bosch wipers (the replaceable rubber parts with the snap on frame). They are far superior to the MGA ones.

Thanks in advance.
Old 10th August 2010, 16:36   #10

Will it be advisable to change the stock filters in my WagonR (2003 model), will there be any difference in the performance and/or efficiency.

If yes, then can i get a contact for a reliable place to get the filters.
Old 11th August 2010, 14:55   #11
BHPian

You can give the new Crossworth Performance Air Filters a try .... But they will be pricey for sure.

Check in the Crossworth India web site about the parts.
Old 11th August 2010, 22:30   #12
BHPian

Thanks VictorSinha. I got some nice info on Cosworth from Sankar on Team-BHP. I will try and get this fitted in my WagonR. Have written to Cosworth for authorized rep in Bangalore.
Old 8th October 2010, 19:29   #13
BHPian

If you were looking at air filters and WagonR, I have shared my experiences on installing a a Cosworth Air filter for my WagonR in this thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post2092069.
Old 21st May 2011, 13:10   #14
BHPian

Re: Stock replacement air filter for WagonR?

I spoke to the Cosworth people a few days back and they'd be happy to courier their parts for my car. I intend to order a stock replacement air filter for my Alto (MRP: 3300) and an exhaust tip (MRP 1950). Would anyone in Delhi/NCR like to order as well? We might get a company discount if we order in bulk (and certainly on the postage!).
I should be ordering around the first week of June. Let me know
Old 22nd May 2011, 03:52   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Stock replacement air filter for WagonR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjyamaj View Post
I spoke to the Cosworth people a few days back and they'd be happy to courier their parts for my car. I intend to order a stock replacement air filter for my Alto (MRP: 3300) and an exhaust tip (MRP 1950). Would anyone in Delhi/NCR like to order as well? We might get a company discount if we order in bulk (and certainly on the postage!).
I should be ordering around the first week of June. Let me know
What are the benefits of this exhaust tip?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks